Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

State of the Franchise: Defensive Line Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtmmike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
well first of all excellent post bulldog.
2 looks really good for sheard standing up how many of those sacks came after haden came back?
3 this line is going to get run on.
4 chemistry with a new team amd so many new players nobody will be playing with instinct.

Why do you say that?

horton defense after 3 years of drafting for it was 28th against the run.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
2 looks really good for sheard standing up how many of those sacks came after haden came back?
4 chemistry with a new team amd so many new players nobody will be playing with instinct.

Why do you say that?

Yeah, I think run stopping will be their strength. LB's, that may be different.
question for you thomas what makes you think that robertson can hold ground against pittsburgh 340 rightguard?
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

question for you thomas what makes you think that robertson can hold ground against pittsburgh 340 rightguard?

Women's intuition.

I didn't say that I thought the LB'ers would necessarily be great against the run.I implied that the D-linemen of Rubin, Bryant and Taylor (and their subs) theoretically should be good against the run. My argument for that would be based on the players that are lining up, not Horton or his scheme.

I'm unsure of the linebackers, Sheard can tackle, but i'm not sure how well he will do in space against a RB.

DQ is solid all around.

Kruger is a pass rusher, wouldn't count too much on him in the run game, but I hope we are pleasantly surprised.

Robertson/whoever else we line up, Too early to tell for me.

Mingo, have no idea.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Hortn only spent 2 years in Zona. And in those tw yers, the drafts looked like this for defense

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

They had a total of 15 picks those two years, only 6 on defense, and only twice picked one highr than round 3. They also traded a second for Kolb. So you could say 16 picks.

Id call that NOT drafting for defense
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
6 of his 7 came after Taylor came back. 6 in 8 games with Taylor.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Women's intuition.

I didn't say that I thought the LB'ers would necessarily be great against the run.I implied that the D-linemen of Rubin, Bryant and Taylor (and their subs) theoretically should be good against the run. My argument for that would be based on the players that are lining up, not Horton or his scheme.

I'm unsure of the linebackers, Sheard can tackle, but i'm not sure how well he will do in space against a RB.

DQ is solid all around.

Kruger is a pass rusher, wouldn't count too much on him in the run game, but I hope we are pleasantly surprised.

Mingo, have no idea.

I agree, but Kruger is actually an OLB, not a situational pass rusher.

I sincerely believe that if he had gone to a 'better' team, we would have heard about how much he played (including running snaps) instead of how much he started (played the first snap of the game).

Also, I think you should have pointed out that if an ILB in the 3-4 defense has to hold a block on the RG, something is wrong.

The ILBs are primarily there to make tackles on ball carriers. The DL is there to occupy the OL, especially the interior OL (OGs and C).

I think I can say, with a high degree of accuracy, that if Ramon Foster was on Robertson, then Taylor (or Bryant--or Rubin) would most likely be on the ball carrier in the backfield.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Hortn only spent 2 years in Zona. And in those tw yers, the drafts looked like this for defense

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

They had a total of 15 picks those two years, only 6 on defense, and only twice picked one highr than round 3. They also traded a second for Kolb. So you could say 16 picks.

thank you bulldog my bad
arizona cardinals draft 3 years ago
dan williams and two linebackers this brings 9 draft picks to hortons 28 ranked run defense .
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Women's intuition.

DQ is solid all around.

Mingo, have no idea.

I sincerely believe that if he had gone to a 'better' team, we would have heard about how much he played (including running snaps) instead of how much he started (played the first snap of the game).

Also, I think you should have pointed out that if an ILB in the 3-4 defense has to hold a block on the RG, something is wrong.

The ILBs are primarily there to make tackles on ball carriers. The DL is there to occupy the OL, especially the interior OL (OGs and C).

I think I can say, with a high degree of accuracy, that if Ramon Foster was on Robertson, then Taylor (or Bryant--or Rubin) would most likely be on the ball carrier in the backfield.

high thank you for the post.
point 1 in the two lineman set up Taylor lines up against Decastro
ruben lines up against pittsburgh rg this leaving pouncey on jackson or robertson.
3 -4 line up taylor lines up against pouncey leaving foster to block robertson
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Women's intuition.

DQ is solid all around.

Mingo, have no idea.

high thank you for the post.
point 1 in the two lineman set up Taylor lines up against Decastro
ruben lines up against pittsburgh rg this leaving pouncey on jackson or robertson.
3 -4 line up taylor lines up against pouncey leaving foster to block robertson

No you're wrong. LBs don't really line up on offensive linemen in any base defense.

Thank you very much. Keep it up, just not the being wrong part.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

thank you bulldog my bad
dan williams and two linebackers this brings 9 draft picks to hortons 28 ranked run defense .

you forgot to mention that hortons defense was 12th in yards and 17th in points allowed also was 5th in passing yards allowed and 10th in passing TDs allowed they were 2nd in INTS 22nd in rushing yards per carry and 16th in rushing TDs allowed despite being ranked 31st in rushing attempts while the offense was 31st or 32nd in almost every major category

1 how many players from that team are playing for us next year
B it is foolish to make predictions based on completely different players
* make predictions based on the players that will actually play

here are some random punctuation marks .?,..,? thanks for the post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

thank you bulldog my bad

you forgot to mention that hortons defense was 12th in yards and 17th in points allowed also was 5th in passing yards allowed and 10th in passing TDs allowed they were 2nd in INTS 22nd in rushing yards per carry and 16th in rushing TDs allowed despite being ranked 31st in rushing attempts while the offense was 31st or 32nd in almost every major category

the point on this topic is what team ever one the afc north with a 28 ranked run defense.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

thank you bulldog my bad

the point on this topic is what team ever one the afc north with a 28 ranked run defense.

no thats not even close the point was not about oneing the afc north with the players from the 2012 cardinals defense.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

thank you bulldog my bad

no thats not even close the point was not about oneing the afc north with the players from the 2012 cardinals defense.

read walterfootballs prediction for hortons defense
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

thank you bulldog my bad

no thanks I dont like to read trash why don't you read something that has good analysis and a good reputation

you can recognize that cant you

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
Entropy wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
bulldog wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
DawgX wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Why do you say that?

Patrick peterson rnd 1
Sam acho rnd 4
Quan sturdivant rnd 6
David carter rnd 6

Jemell flemming rnd 3
Justin bethal rnd 6

thank you bulldog my bad

no thanks I dont like to read trash why don't you read something that has good analysis and a good reputation

you can recognize that cant you

lets just agree to disagree you are very smart and i have totally enjoyed this.
lets be friends whoever is right this defense has huge questions though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: