Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Full squad 3 day Mini-Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's one a couple of posts up.

edit: of course, that was meant for the last page.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you've guys seen any of these, but they're kind of fun to look into:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Mini-Camp-LIVE---On-Demand---June-12/be0f7ec5-8938-49d1-b024-f334b513ca2b

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"(Hitting people) Thatís a mentality," Allen said, talking to reporters Wednesday at Valley Ranch. "If you arenít trying to hit, you can forget about it. So thatís my mentality at all costs. I donít really care. Thatís the mentality that they have there, and hopefully I can bring that here and get some guys to follow."

A more violent defense? I'm all for it.

Link

Quote:
ďThat is credit to the great defenses and the coverage,Ē Bryant said. ďHe is putting pressure on me and making it difficult for me to make the catch. So you canít take that away. Iím just trying my best to make a play.Ē

Dez giving props to Mo and the defense

Link

Quote:
"Iím certainly a lot more comfortable, still really improving on a lot of things on a daily basis," Frederick said. "Now my focus has really changed to the little things, the technique things here and there instead of trying to pick up a playbook and pick that stuff up. I feel like Iíve picked that up pretty well as far as assignments and stuff like that, but obviously there will be little things here and there, and once we start seeing some different defenses itís going to be a little bit more as well."

Frederick is getting more comfortable in the offense - that's a good thing.

Link

^^^mack
atran35

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still concern about the OLINE and the RUNNING GAME. I think we need at least another veteran OLINEMEN.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if any of you saw Mo Claiborne on NFL32 or NFL Live on ESPN, but I had to laugh at Mort. He kept asking Mo with a worried look that they hadn't practiced stopping the read option yet. Mo just said we are working on the basics of the new defense, and Mort who's only exercise is lifting his morning coffee, just seemed blown away that they didn't have it mastered yet. What an idiot.
Blitz9493

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
I don't know if any of you saw Mo Claiborne on NFL32 or NFL Live on ESPN, but I had to laugh at Mort. He kept asking Mo with a worried look that they hadn't practiced stopping the read option yet. Mo just said we are working on the basics of the new defense, and Mort who's only exercise is lifting his morning coffee, just seemed blown away that they didn't have it mastered yet. What an idiot.

Agreed. Gotta walk before you can run.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Not sure if you've guys seen any of these, but they're kind of fun to look into:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Mini-Camp-LIVE---On-Demand---June-12/be0f7ec5-8938-49d1-b024-f334b513ca2b

Thanks for posting this. I was laughing watching Dez mouth off to Mo after every play in the goalline drill.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... here's a pleasant thought:

Leary is getting strong reviews. Costa has also gotten very good reviews from Broaddus, and Frederick is known to be taking mental reps at guard. Kowalski has gotten a couple of kudos and Arkin as well.

It's entirely possible our starting oline is Smith, Leary, Costa, Frederick, Free, with Parnell, Kowalski, and Arkin as gameday active backups. Cutting Livings costs us a little bit this year and cutting Bernadeau costs us nearly two million, but we save tons of money on the next two cap years and our starting interior line from last year not only has been beaten out for their jobs but will have been played entirely off the team.

it absolutely could happen... and even keeping Bernadeau around for depth (presumably at the expense of Arkin, who's everyone's favorite whipping boy) would indicate a wholesale change in the offensive line talent and ability.

Thoughts?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The more I watch Ronald Leary play, the more I believe there is going to be a battle at that left guard spot for the position. There is no question of the ability of Leary to play with power and that is something you can tell without pads when he pass a twist stunt and knocks Kyle Wilber to the ground with a punch or he takes Jason Hatcher and stones him in his tracks on the rush. Leary looks like a completely different player than the one we saw last season. He looks more confident in what he has to accomplish assignment wise and to be quite honest if you talk to scouts around the league like I do the biggest questions about his play were the issues with the knee which appears to be giving him no problems because I have not seen him a day to rest it like with what we have seen with Nate Livings and how sharp he was mentally to pick up the offense. In my study of his work this Spring, I was seeing less and less of the adjustment problems to his assignments and carrying them out which really was his downfall during camp in 2012. The zone scheme appears to be a nice fit for a player that was a left tackle at Memphis. He is making quality reach and cut off blocks while also getting to the second level. In some of the short yardage plays, Bill Callahan has called his number on pulling plays to the right and Leary appears to have a feel for how to search his man and make contact. Not all of Learyís work has been perfect and along with Kevin Kowalski has given some nice reps at the guard spots while Livings and Bernadeau rest injuries before training camp. If Livings continues to have problems with that knee, Ronald Leary has put some good practices together working with Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith that makes me believe that he will get even more opportunities in Oxnard to try and win this job. Itís not physical with him but the mental side that we need to pay attention to.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Broaddus-Rookie-TE-Keeps-Shining-Leary-Eyes-Starting-Job/794e7581-b696-4de2-b0f3-3f38719d3089

Kiltman on avy - Peppers90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't buy into the hype. I know I won't until I see it on the field for all 16 games.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Northland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear that Leary is playing as well as he is. I am anxious to see him in the exhibition season.

I am not sure about Frederick starting at G though as has been suggested by some. I know he can play the position, and theoretically it would allow us to get our 5 best OL on the field. I think the Cowboys drafted him to start at Center and nowhere else.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
I am glad to hear that Leary is playing as well as he is. I am anxious to see him in the exhibition season.

I am not sure about Frederick starting at G though as has been suggested by some. I know he can play the position, and theoretically it would allow us to get our 5 best OL on the field. I think the Cowboys drafted him to start at Center and nowhere else.

Yeah the Cowboys really seem firm on having him at center. Personally, I don't think that's his best position in the NFL, but we'll see how it goes.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:

Center is the most important position on the interior o-line. I'd rather him play there.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Northland wrote:

Center is the most important position on the interior o-line. I'd rather him play there.
agreed! However, keeping him ready for Guard duty just in case we sustain an injury (knock on wood) there, he can slide over and insert Costa at Center.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Northland wrote:

agreed! However, keeping him ready for Guard duty just in case we sustain an injury (knock on wood) there, he can slide over and insert Costa at Center.

I am not ready to forgive Costa, no matter how well he looks in camp. Frederick is smart, and can make line calls. The IQ of a center is huge, he needs to grow into the catalyst of the OL. If Costa is so good we can't keep him off the field, put him at OG.

Me on the sig in MS Paint Razz
Blitz9493

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Northland wrote:

I am not ready to forgive Costa, no matter how well he looks in camp. Frederick is smart, and can make line calls. The IQ of a center is huge, he needs to grow into the catalyst of the OL. If Costa is so good we can't keep him off the field, put him at OG.

Costa is undersized as a center, so putting him at guard would probably not turn out well. Costa does get a pass from this forum because, in the little amount he was on the field last year, the line was actually survivable for Romo and did well in the running game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: