Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clausen vs Tavaris Jackson?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Clausen vs Tavaris Jackson? Reply with quote

So the Bills have cut Tavaris Jackson.

I haven't seen much of him but although I wasn't blown away with what I have seen, I didn't think he was as utter a disgrace as Jimmy 'Deer In The Headlights' Clausen.

Would it be worth us having a look at Jackson?
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is better but I wouldn't really go out of my way to cut Clausen to sign Jackson, mainly when thinking financially.
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could maybe see this if we did not have Anderson in the picture, but like ikc says, doesn't make sense financially, especially when he's going to be inactive to most games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One QB that has had a playbook in his possession for a QB on a similar lack-of-talent level that doesn't have the playbook already.

Not even worth while. Let Willy play QB before either of them. Laughing

Sig by Me
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Clausen makes no sense financially and Jackson sucks, so no.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
89 06 MVP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Jackson going to command money.....Plus we talking about the third qb slot...Wouldn't hurt to keep Clausen since Anderson is our number 2.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Tavaris Jackson play. If I were the GM, and it were financially able to happen, I would sign Jackson for as minimal as possible then I would kick Anderson and Claussen's [inappropriate/removed] out the door. Both of them dudes suck! Bottom line, point blank! Nobody on the Panthers roster sucks as bad positionally as those 2 clowns. Jackson brings a strong arm and a ton of mobility to the table. He could come in and instantly help if Cam got hurt. As it stands now, God forbid Cam goes down, we would be royally f$%^&* if EITHER of those 2 had to start. I would take Jackson over both of them dudes all day. It's not even close.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is moot now that T-Jack has re-signed with Seattle, but had he still been available or if he is next off season, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a back up here... He is very capable in a back up role... He seems to play his best Football coming off the bench... He's quite mobile and pretty accurate... He's not stellar by any means but if Cam were to go down I would feel comfortable having Jackson step in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I know this thread is moot now that T-Jack has re-signed with Seattle, but had he still been available or if he is next off season, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a back up here... He is very capable in a back up role... He seems to play his best Football coming off the bench... He's quite mobile and pretty accurate... He's not stellar by any means but if Cam were to go down I would feel comfortable having Jackson step in.

Next season, I see us drafting a QB in the late rounds. I love rookie QB's for preseason action to be meaningful.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Next season, I see us drafting a QB in the late rounds. I love rookie QB's for preseason action to be meaningful.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if someone falls pretty far... You can never have too many QBs, especially if a late round guy blows it up in the Preseason and gets QB needy teams mouths watery... That's never a bad situation to be in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a good backup, but I'd keep DA. Clausen is awful, but I'd cut him because his cap is bad but only affects this year, which we have free space.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panthers should have signed Tebow
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:

We already have enough HBs.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:

We already have enough HBs.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: