Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Annual Jets Forum Draft (Discussion Thread)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: First Annual Jets Forum Draft (Discussion Thread) Reply with quote

What is this?
Like I mentioned in TAJT a while back, this is a "fantasy" draft like you would do on Madden. You're going to draft a 53 man roster, a head coach, and three coordinators (offense, defense, special teams). As it is your team, you are free to shape the team how you wish - you can run a West Coast Offense and a 3-4, or a Run-Based Offense with a Nickel defense. Up to you to choose your own schemes and draft your own players! There will also be a reward for the most creative team name.

When does the draft start?
This draft will get started as soon as it's filled up. I'm looking for a minimum of 12 people, so my preference would be to fill it up with Jets fans before I open it up to others. The draft will go AB-BA-BA-AB and continue as a snake. The drafting order will be randomized when the GM cap is hit. The first round itself will not have a time limit, although I urge you to keep the draft moving. After that, there will be an hour between picks.

How long will it take?
It won't be a one-week-and-done thing. Being a GM will require patience and a little bit of commitment, but this is a very fun experience. If you're trying to decide if you want to sign-up, take into account the length of the draft.

So... this sounds kinda cool. But when you say drafting to schemes, do I really have to do that?
No, but post-draft you'll be evaluated and ranked based on your overall team.

Will age and future impact be factored in?
Yes. This draft will factor in not only the 2013 impact of players, but the future impact. Players who will be making an impact for the next decade or two should have more impact than players who are only a year or two from retiring. Treat this as if you are building an actual NFL team from scratch.

Alright. I'm down for this. But what if I miss my time slot?
In the players draft, you will be passed over for the next team. You can still make your pick, but any player taken in the time period from missed-to-present will be unavailable for your selection. In essence, you snooze you lose. This shouldn't be too big of a problem, as you can always PM someone your big board of targeted players, and this is laid-back too. Just don't draft anyone taken already, 'tis all.

Credit: CWood21, Rumless

GM List:
green24
rickyt31
KingOfTheHill84
MP
K-Ro 25
xenajets
ganggreen1102
Jetsfandan423
Jetsman82
mikemart
Karmaloop
Abe56

#signup

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea

Last edited by green24 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 12 times in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up.

is there a specific round for drafting coaches? or we can pick them in any round?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Sign me up.

is there a specific round for drafting coaches? or we can pick them in any round?

We can decide whether or not we want to have a separate draft or include them in the general draft.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
MP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% down. I'd love to get the full 32 teams in if possible as well.

On realgm.com I have been a major part of 9 "Build a teams" we call them. 13 snake round draft with a coach, building a roster from the head up.

If it's any help, here is the one we're working on now. (I'm Mecca/The Hawks)

[MOD EDIT]

Anyway, after it's over, we pick judges to rate the teams, and also throw them onto 2k or in this case Madden to sim a season and see the results.

I'd gladly join, and be willing to help however.

I have no problem with the length as well. I've done 9 of these that last months over at realgm.com with basketball, and football is my passion. I live for this stuff. Laughing

[Adopt-a-Jet: Braylon Edwards]
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't link to other forums.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Ro 25 wrote:
I'm 100% down. I'd love to get the full 32 teams in if possible as well.

On realgm.com I have been a major part of 9 "Build a teams" we call them. 13 snake round draft with a coach, building a roster from the head up.

If it's any help, here is the one we're working on now. (I'm Mecca/The Hawks)

[MOD EDIT]

Anyway, after it's over, we pick judges to rate the teams, and also throw them onto 2k or in this case Madden to sim a season and see the results.

I'd gladly join, and be willing to help however.

I have no problem with the length as well. I've done 9 of these that last months over at realgm.com with basketball, and football is my passion. I live for this stuff. Laughing

Lol I'm in that as well small digital world

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
xenajets

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you might wanna scale back on drafting 53-man rosters. I did two of these types of drafts in the past and we barely finished both and a lot of people dropped out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Think you might wanna scale back on drafting 53-man rosters. I did two of these types of drafts in the past and we barely finished both and a lot of people dropped out.

After around 5-10 rounds, we'll start to draft multiple players each round. That should make it go faster.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone interested in how these things run here are the links to the old 2 ones:

2009: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6779899#6779899

2010: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=374161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
green24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
For everyone interested in how these things run here are the links to the old 2 ones:

2009: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6779899#6779899

2010: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=374161&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Wow there were a TON of people in those. Shocked

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be a gm
sandwhich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest in participating as a GM, but I'll be a judge or whatever when the time comes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: