Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills cut QB Tarvaris Jackson; Signs with Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Similar playing style to Wilson

Why do you say that. Jackson's style as a starter was nothing similar to Wilsons. Jackson was always a pocket passer who would on occasion pick up a decent chunk on the ground. Wilson was far more of a scrambler than Jackson ever was.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Why do you say that. Jackson's style as a starter was nothing similar to Wilsons. Jackson was always a pocket passer who would on occasion pick up a decent chunk on the ground. Wilson was far more of a scrambler than Jackson ever was.

Wilson scrambled alot early in the year and alot by self preservation but he became more and more of a pocket presence as the season went on. People look at Russell and his running and think hes a scrambling QB, hes much more of a guy who can run the ball but is a passer 1st and will continue to trend in that direction as he matures.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
and there they go again, going after all our castoffs.

I'm not surprised in the least. At least he didn't go green.
We made him a better player here than he ever was with you. He's a QB who knows the system and is mobile enough to be a Russell Wilson ultralight in case of emergency.

Oh okay...

Is that why you guys traded him to Buffalo for a 7th round pick, and then after a year got cut after not playing at all?

If that's what you call development... Laughing
Where in the world did you get that from? I never even remotely called him good. Laughing At you for not getting compensation for him when we could. You never made him look desirable enough to trade him.

I said he was better here than he ever was with you.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

We made him a better player here than he ever was with you. He's a QB who knows the system and is mobile enough to be a Russell Wilson ultralight in case of emergency.

Oh okay...

Is that why you guys traded him to Buffalo for a 7th round pick, and then after a year got cut after not playing at all?

I don't think that's a fair indication of his play at both places. He was more of an unknown, potential type starter when he was with you guys, so his value was higher. With us, he started 14 games and really proved what he was as a starter, which wasn't much, but he did get better here. It's simply that his potential was tapped out at where he was and I doubt he gets any better from there (not that he was ever that good to be honest, we're arguing over a below average player regardless).
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Yea, not the close to wilson at all. But, he knows the system and the players pretty well. I think the #2 job is as good as his
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Wilson and T Jack have no similarities. Wilson's IQ, poise, pocket awareness, running ability is far superior. I just don't see any thing in common except they both are tough and have strong arms. Completely different type of QBs. But boy am I feeling a lot more comfortable that T jack will be the back up over Quinn. He has proven he can at least manage a game fairly well.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Oh okay...

Where in the world did you get that from? I never even remotely called him good. Laughing At you for not getting compensation for him when we could. You never made him look desirable enough to trade him.

I said he was better here than he ever was with you.

Yeah, you already said that.

But how can you say you made him "better" if he only stuck around for 1 year, and then trade him for a very late round pick? That ain't much improvement.

He didn't improve. He just stayed healthy for you guys. That was never the case for him in Minnesota.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Oh okay...

I don't think that's a fair indication of his play at both places. He was more of an unknown, potential type starter when he was with you guys, so his value was higher. With us, he started 14 games and really proved what he was as a starter, which wasn't much, but he did get better here. It's simply that his potential was tapped out at where he was and I doubt he gets any better from there (not that he was ever that good to be honest, we're arguing over a below average player regardless).

Thats a good assessment.

No matter how you put it, he's still a below average starter.

But if he just had to come in and finish a game or something, he's not a bad option at all.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: