Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Tebow)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
The premise that Bill would think any roster spot is a spot he doesn't need is a smack in the face to coaching. I understand OTA's are a 90 man roster but you bring in 90 people you think have value and could make your 53 man roster better. Yes 37 people will need to be cut by the time opening day comes but you don't just bring in some worthless hack you think sucks and has zero value for a favor because the guy you could have had there may been the next Victor Cruz type undrafted free agent or the like.

I think by going along these lines of thinking you'd rather indicate Bill is wreckless rather then admit Tebow has any value. Again this is a very weak position. It's akin to the Cowboy fans who would rather throw every other player on their offense under the bus then to ever admit Romo choked. :lol:

Well, he must be smacking coaching in the face pretty hard right now then, since they went through mini-camp with 88 players on the roster.

No. They recently released Cherrington and Kafka. Prior to that they had 90

Uh yeah, they were released the 10th, prior to mini-camp.

The Patriot OTA's wrapped up June 7th. Right now they are in the Mandatory minicamps. They carried 90 guys through the OTA's....

Can you read? Patriots' mini-camp was from the 11th to the 13th. The players were released the 10th. I wrote that they went through mini-camp with 88 players on the roster. What part of that statement isn't true?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
The premise that Bill would think any roster spot is a spot he doesn't need is a smack in the face to coaching. I understand OTA's are a 90 man roster but you bring in 90 people you think have value and could make your 53 man roster better. Yes 37 people will need to be cut by the time opening day comes but you don't just bring in some worthless hack you think sucks and has zero value for a favor because the guy you could have had there may been the next Victor Cruz type undrafted free agent or the like.

I think by going along these lines of thinking you'd rather indicate Bill is wreckless rather then admit Tebow has any value. Again this is a very weak position. It's akin to the Cowboy fans who would rather throw every other player on their offense under the bus then to ever admit Romo choked. Laughing

Well, he must be smacking coaching in the face pretty hard right now then, since they went through mini-camp with 88 players on the roster.

The Patriot OTA's wrapped up June 7th. Right now they are in the Mandatory minicamps. They carried 90 guys through the OTA's....

No they didn't. They were at 88-89 most of the month. They cut Greene, Moe, Shavers, Cherington and Kafka without filling all those spots.

At least do the research before spouting off lies. They haven't been at 90 for more than a few random days here and there.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

I think by going along these lines of thinking you'd rather indicate Bill is wreckless rather then admit Tebow has any value. Again this is a very weak position. It's akin to the Cowboy fans who would rather throw every other player on their offense under the bus then to ever admit Romo choked. Laughing

No they didn't. They were at 88-89 most of the month. They cut Greene, Moe, Shavers, Cherington and Kafka without filling all those spots.

At least do the research before spouting off lies. They haven't been at 90 for more than a few random days here and there.

And they recently signed Haslem, Mattes, and Edds and Tebow...

Obviously the total is going to fluctuate as guys get added and released. The point of OTA is to bring in as many guys as possible that you think might have value and evaluate them in preparation of the 53 man roster. If you bring a guy in and he doesn't work out you cut him and bring in the next guy. Just because a guy has talent doesn't mean he fits your scheme.

However you're not going to bring in a guy you think has absolutely no value to your team and you believe is worthless... like you people are suggesting Bill did.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

And they recently signed Haslem, Mattes, and Edds and Tebow...

Obviously the total is going to fluctuate as guys get added and released. The point of OTA is to bring in as many guys as possible that you think might have value and evaluate them in preparation of the 53 man roster. If you bring a guy in and he doesn't work out you cut him and bring in the next guy. Just because a guy has talent doesn't mean he fits your scheme.

However you're not going to bring in a guy you think has absolutely no value to your team and you believe is worthless... like you people are suggesting Bill did.

It's amazing that you still don't get it. Tebow really makes people blind to things.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tebow really makes people blind to things.

Yes especially the haters who can't even admit he has any value to an NFL team...

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Grachuus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Yes especially the haters who can't even admit he has any value to an NFL team...

Any particular reason you insist on continuing to ignore your issue with basic mathematics?

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
finn54

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I think this argument/discussion has run its course.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

To this point he has shown no value. We can argue whether or not he has the potential to become valuable, but he's proven to be a terrible passer - unfortunately the one thing a QB needs to be good at to have value.

It doesn't make one a 'hater' to acknowledge that a bad player is a bad player. Most teams have 20 or so guys in camp who aren't NFL caliber and will never make it. Does it make me a 'hater' for pointing out those camp bodies are garbage players kept around solely to fill slots and maybe once every few years turn into a decent player?

There are literally hundreds of players in the NFL right now whose only value is to literally fill spots in drills. Maybe 10 of those guys show they have real value. The rest are totally interchangeable parts.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
He failed in Denver as a GM rather than a coach.

This gets said frequently but it couldn't be further from the truth. Mac was nothing short of awful as a coach. He couldn't design game-plans, his play-calling was atrocious, he either refused or was unable to make adjustments, he couldn't coordinate a running game or a blocking scheme and his passing offense, which is the only thing he was even halfway good at, utilized only 3 of the 9 passing zones. He wouldn't listen to input with his assistants and ran three good coaches - Rick Dennison, Bobby Turner and Mike Nolan - out of town because they dared to disagree with him and offer suggestions for an approach that differed from his; he then resorted to surrounding himself with lackeys and yes-men on both the coaching staff and in the front office. Not to mention he divided the lockerroom and had zero people skills, something that's necessary to be a successful head coach.

Quite frankly, he might very well have been the worst head coach in the history of the NFL.

As far as the topic of this thread, Tim Tebow, all I can say is good luck. I have no idea what they're going to use him for because your offense is based around quick reads and precision passing, two things at Tebow has shown zero semblance of being able to do. Tebow cannot read defenses at large or coverages in particular. He cannot anticipate the rush or move around in the pocket (unless you count running backwards 20+ yards). He has absolutely no pocket presence, cannot put any touch on his passes and his throws are almost always several yards off from their intended target. His vaunted running skills are overrated; while he does have good instincts in the open field and at 245lbs is hard to bring down, he lacks the dynamic athleticism (speed, change of direction, etc) that the good "running QBs" like RGIII, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick possess. Heck, I would go so far as to say Tebow's athleticism doesn't even measure up to Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. My only guess is they plan to use him as a gadget play player because a QB he is not.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
He failed in Denver as a GM rather than a coach.

This gets said frequently but it couldn't be further from the truth. Mac was nothing short of awful as a coach. He couldn't design game-plans, his play-calling was atrocious, he either refused or was unable to make adjustments, he couldn't coordinate a running game or a blocking scheme and his passing offense, which is the only thing he was even halfway good at, utilized only 3 of the 9 passing zones. He wouldn't listen to input with his assistants and ran three good coaches - Rick Dennison, Bobby Turner and Mike Nolan - out of town because they dared to disagree with him and offer suggestions for an approach that differed from his; he then resorted to surrounding himself with lackeys and yes-men on both the coaching staff and in the front office. Not to mention he divided the lockerroom and had zero people skills, something that's necessary to be a successful head coach.

Quite frankly, he might very well have been the worst head coach in the history of the NFL.

As far as the topic of this thread, Tim Tebow, all I can say is good luck. I have no idea what they're going to use him for because your offense is based around quick reads and precision passing, two things at Tebow has shown zero semblance of being able to do. Tebow cannot read defenses at large or coverages in particular. He cannot anticipate the rush or move around in the pocket (unless you count running backwards 20+ yards). He has absolutely no pocket presence, cannot put any touch on his passes and his throws are almost always several yards off from their intended target. His vaunted running skills are overrated; while he does have good instincts in the open field and at 245lbs is hard to bring down, he lacks the dynamic athleticism (speed, change of direction, etc) that the good "running QBs" like RGIII, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick possess. Heck, I would go so far as to say Tebow's athleticism doesn't even measure up to Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. My only guess is they plan to use him as a gadget play player because a QB he is not.

Well, I have to say, you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Seems that there's a fairly large cult out there that disputes the obvious, however.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
My only guess is they plan to use him as a gadget play player because a QB he is not.

Belichick hasn't really been a big "gadget" play guy over the years. A few reverses or end arounds per season but he's oddly conservative with those types of things. The offense is good enough where they don't really need to rely on trickery to pick up yards.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
My only guess is they plan to use him as a gadget play player because a QB he is not.

Belichick hasn't really been a big "gadget" play guy over the years. A few reverses or end arounds per season but he's oddly conservative with those types of things. The offense is good enough where they don't really need to rely on trickery to pick up yards.

Its all about the offense being good IMO. If you took away Brady, I bet Belichick would use a lot of gadget type plays.

When you have a guy of Brady's caliber as QB, there's naturally going to be more of a focus on executing familiar plays than trying to catch the other team by surprise with unfamiliar ones.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The @nyjets are set to pay Tim Tebow more money next season than the @Patriots will pay him over two seasons combined.

http://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/statuses/347009522277167106

Laughing
Tom Brady Tribute
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
This is the hardest I've ever been trolled. Ever.

Well... Its been real, guys, I'm gonna go cheer for the Browns.

C'mon ova!

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: