Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins 2013 Won/Loss Record 7-9
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not mean a whole lot considering we have not been much of a contender for years but Ireland getting fired after the season will set us back once again. I think 9-7 he keeps it
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are those who wanted Ireland gone with the rest of the regime who came with him. Not just here. I mean, bloggers and fans who comment on articles wanted him gone.
Many say that this team has had long enough to put together a championship team. That's a head scratcher to me because this is year 2 of a different approach across the board. It's clear that Jeff Ireland is not married to any one particular way to build a team. He went from big and strong to athletic and fast. He went from taking Chad Henne in the 2nd to taking Ryan Tannehill 1st overall. I don't think either was his idea. Which is good.
Interview coaches and review their plan. When you find a plan you like, agree on the 53 skill sets required to make it come together. Seems like that's what's going on now. And I'm not going to blame him for overpaying when our history had made Miami a Free Agent undesirable to this point. On top of that we came out with salary cap room.

Ryan Tannehill - Fear of regressing ? I'm hearing reports of hard work and camp interceptions. The accuracy, footwork and arm strength is there. Thank God because you can only teach that to a certain extent. His decision making will come with reps, and now that he's the clear cut starter with 16 games under his belt, regression would be a surprise.

Lamar Miller - I expect that 4.9 ypc to dip to around 4.4 or 4.3 ... At 15 carries a game, he still cracks 1000 yards. I also think we will run the ball more than 15 times a game. I expect Gillislee and whoever makes the team as the 3rd running back to split the rest of the carries and avg. 4 or more ypc. in this run friendly offense that has 3 potential probowlers up front.

Dustin Keller / Dion Sims / ? - If Keller does what he has always done. He will be someone that will make life easier for Tannehill. Dion Sims should be a welcome asset in pass pro and should be able to catch teams off guard a few times as a receiver.

WRs - Tired of talking about them. None of us have a crystal ball, but ... We are going to see more of the playbook. It's only natural. We should also see what they do for the rest of the offense. Teams will almost always have to use a nickel corner against us and the Tannehill should recognize the safeties creeping up.

Offensive Line - Incognito/Pouncey/Clabo = Solid. If Louis beats Jerry, we can count on him to not Colombo himself. If Jerry beats out Louis, I'll think back to the high praises Coyle gave him during Hard Knocks. Jonathan Martin is a huge question mark.

Ill do the defense another time.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: