Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins 2013 Won/Loss Record 7-9
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Dolphins 2013 Won/Loss Record 7-9 Reply with quote

I have the Dolphins going 7-9 this year. Doesn't sound too impressive with all the free agents signings, the draft and expected improvement of Ryan Tannehill. Looking at the schedule 6-10 is a distinct possibility, but I choose to remain optimistic.

What do you have the Dolphins doing record wise this year? Feel free to do a game by game breakdown. I may do one within this thread later.

Anyone saying 16-0 will be drug tested or have the option to supply me with some.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i put the over/under at 9 games this year myself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may end up 6-10, Tebow signing with Patriots.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
We may end up 6-10, Tebow signing with Patriots.

Yup, we may as well throw the season now!

Actually, I think it's a smart move for the Pats. There will be no QB controversy there, and If I were them then I would throw him in at H-back as Aaron Hernandez's backup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphins 2013 Won/Loss Record 7-9 Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
I have the Dolphins going 7-9 this year. Doesn't sound too impressive with all the free agents signings, the draft and expected improvement of Ryan Tannehill. Looking at the schedule 6-10 is a distinct possibility, but I choose to remain optimistic.

What do you have the Dolphins doing record wise this year? Feel free to do a game by game breakdown. I may do one within this thread later.

Anyone saying 16-0 will be drug tested or have the option to supply me with some.

Sept. 8 at Cleveland Browns: WIN Josh Gordon out and there's a chance Trent Richardson won't be fit either. I fear Davone Bess coming back to haunt us but I think we win this one.

Sept. 15 at Indianapolis Colts: LOSS This could go either way but on the turf I think the Colts offense might just outscore us in a close final possession sort of shoot out.

Sept. 22 Atlanta Falcons: WIN Yes the Falcons have a cracking offense but the Dolphins ride their home opener against a shaky Atlanta D.

Sept. 30 at New Orleans Saints: LOSS I expect the Saints to be better this year with Payton back and the dome is a tough place to get a win.

Oct. 6 Baltimore Ravens: WIN I know people will put this down as Loss just because it's the superbowl champions but I think this Ravens squad is much weaker than last year and to be honest I think they scrapped to the Superbowl - Flacco just happened to come good at the right time and Boldin was immense. I think we can take them at home.

Oct. 13 BYE

Oct. 20 Buffalo Bills: WIN The Bills don't have a QB who can win in the NFL and so long as we keep Spiller in check we take this.

Oct. 27 at New England Patriots: LOSS When all's said and done we might not be too far away from the evil empire come the end of the season but going to Foxborough and winning is still a bridge too far against the golden boy.

Oct. 31 Cincinnati Bengals: LOSS I expect the Bengals to surprise people next year. This will be close but they will be a really tough team.

Nov. 11 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: LOSS
The Bucs offense looks good (assuming Freeman sorts it out) and with Revis Island their D suddenly looks a different proposition. Tough intra-state game could go either way so I give it to the home team.

Nov. 17 San Diego Chargers: WIN Break the 3 game losing streak against a Chargers team that looks like it's in for a tough year.

Nov. 24 Carolina Panthers: WIN Cam Newton's one man team won't be enough.

Dec. 1 at New York Jets: WIN Do I even need to give a reason?!

Dec. 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers: LOSS Wallace's grudge game but I don't fancy our chances in December in Pittsburgh.

Dec. 15 New England Patriots: WIN This could be the game that decides our season. I'm going to say we split the series and this will forever be known as the day Tannehill became a franchise QB as he throws 3 TDs, 350 yards and outduels Tommy B.

Dec. 22 at Buffalo Bills: WIN The Bills have nothing left to play for at this point and we go into Buffalo and get the W we need.

Dec. 29 New York Jets: WIN Rex Ryan is gone by this point, their season is in tatters and we intercept Geno Smith three times in a humiliation.

Final Record 10-6

I will admit this is me being optimistic. We have a heckofa tough slate of games. Those two early games at home to Falcons and Ravens are TOUGH and we could quite easily hit the bye 1-4. I've also split us with the Pats which is probably optimistic.

Overall injuries play SUCH a big part in the NFL that predictions like this are pretty meaningless. If we stay healthy we might hit 10-6. If we lose a couple of key players we might be 6-10.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins need to be in the Playoffs. We've had plenty of time to build a winner, and enormous amounts of resources have been spent this off season in free agency. The Dolphins haven't been in the playoffs but ONCE in the last 11 years. Its time to win.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-8 to 10-6. I can't see us worse than last year with Tannehill hopefully developing, but 11 wins will be too difficult for our new team to pull off. Realistically, 9-7.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
The Dolphins need to be in the Playoffs. We've had plenty of time to build a winner, and enormous amounts of resources have been spent this off season in free agency. The Dolphins haven't been in the playoffs but ONCE in the last 11 years. Its time to win.

Pray Pray Pray Pray

Merc gets, it is time. I dont think we are SB ready, but even the 6th seed Wild Card would be good. IMO if we miss the Play-offs I will be let down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

+1. My thoughts also. Nominal improvements are growing thin, its time for some real winning.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I see us as an 8-8 team. If that is the case, Ireland will be gone obviously.

Nacho Simulation Football League
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the expectation is for Ireland to be fired after this season, there will be a huge sense of disappointment. Ireland survived the regime change and will be tied to this regime as well.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
If the expectation is for Ireland to be fired after this season, there will be a huge sense of disappointment. Ireland survived the regime change and will be tied to this regime as well.

I see no running theme with Ireland. That may be a good thing despite how it sounds. As far as a playoff or bust expectation for this season. I can't make that approach make sense, being that we are in year 2 of our QB, year two of our HC, year two of our offensive and defensive scheme and philosophy and there are more new dolphins than old ones. Playoffs would be nice and not impossible, but missing it is not grounds for anyone's termination. Even if you fire ireland would the new GM is either going to start over or let the process proceed like Ireland would have.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

I see no running theme with Ireland. That may be a good thing despite how it sounds. As far as a playoff or bust expectation for this season. I can't make that approach make sense, being that we are in year 2 of our QB, year two of our HC, year two of our offensive and defensive scheme and philosophy and there are more new dolphins than old ones. Playoffs would be nice and not impossible, but missing it is not grounds for anyone's termination. Even if you fire ireland would the new GM is either going to start over or let the process proceed like Ireland would have.

Exactly why Ireland has to stay. Parcells was the architect of the Sparano regime, he sat through the start. Ireland is molding this regime. You fire him, a new GM will either clean house or be a lame duck if he proceeds with your second option.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Exactly why Ireland has to stay. Parcells was the architect of the Sparano regime, he sat through the start. Ireland is molding this regime. You fire him, a new GM will either clean house or be a lame duck if he proceeds with your second option.

Hey, Your preaching to the choir.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept. 8 at Cleveland Browns WIN We start out with a win but I have the feeling its going to be an ugly win.

Sept. 15 at Indianapolis Colts LOSS The pain begins here. This could have been a game we won but youth and unfamiliarity on the road do not make a good combination.

Sept. 22 Atlanta Falcons LOSS Being home against the Falcons doesn't help. Its like seniors playing freshmen. Atlanta wins easily in a shoot out.

Sept. 30 at New Orleans Saints LOSS As long as Brees is the quarterback we will have problems in the Dome. Again we show glimpses of how good we can be.

Oct. 6 Baltimore Ravens LOSS Yes Ray Lewis retired. Ed Reed is gone. Even more free agent departures. Ozzie Newsome is still the GM. This loss is just a culmination of what started in week 2.

Oct. 13 BYE Probably the best part of the schedule is having the Bye here. The bleeding stops, somewhat.

Oct. 20 Buffalo Bills WIN Fresh off the bye, we probably play a nearly flawless game.

Oct. 27 at New England Patriots LOSS Winning in New England against Tom Brady would take perfect execution on offense, a stout defense shutting down their offense causing turnovers and a skilled special teams. That doesn't sound like us so far.

Oct. 31 Cincinnati Bengals LOSS The patriots deflated us and it shows during this game. Questions of leadership will arise. But we got rid of leadership for young and fast.

Nov. 11 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers LOSS This will be a tough loss. The Bucs defense will probably shut us down. Our defense will probably shut them down. We end up losing on a Sparano Fist Pump aka field goal.

Nov. 17 San Diego Chargers: WIN San Diego is going to be a mess this year. I expect big numbers on both sides of the ball.

Nov. 24 Carolina Panthers: WIN The Panthers are the Alpha/Omega team alot of youth and alot of age. Unfortunately for Carolina they face us when experience is injured.

Dec. 1 at New York Jets: WIN The Jets are winless and that trend continues.

Dec. 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers LOSS Playoff talk comes to a halt after we get our butts handed to us in steel town.

Dec. 15 New England Patriots WIN We see where we erred on the road. Bradys wife tells the press in the spur of the moment " They need Tom to play defense too to get a win"

Dec. 22 at Buffalo Bills LOSS Every year we seem to split with Buffalo and playing on the road in December up there seals the deal.

Dec. 29 New York Jets: WIN We complete New Yorks perfect loss season. No doubt Rex will utter something stupid and do something stupid. His departure shortly after the season is over is assured.

There you have it 7-9. I will not feel bad as I believe 2014 will be our year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: