Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears trade OL Gabe Carimi to Bucs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Bears trade OL Gabe Carimi to Bucs Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/20644191-419/sources-bears-trade-lineman-gabe-carimi-to-buccaneers.html

Quote:
The Bears traded offensive lineman Gabe Carimi to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, two sources told the Sun-Times on Sunday. It was not immediately known what the Bears received in return for Carimi, a former first-round pick.

A Bears source said there was no deal as 7 p.m. Sunday. But another source said Carimi was set to travel to Tampa Bay on Monday.

Quote:
The Buccaneers do have a connection to Carimi. Tampa Bayís offensive line coach Bob Bostad was Carimiís offensive line coach at Wisconsin.

Thoughts?

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
G08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't a fit on this team, I'm good with it because (I'm assuming) Trestman and Kromer signed off on this.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
jspiel24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
And we have a deal: Bears traded OL Gabe Carimi to Tampa Bay for a sixth-round pick in 2014.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that the pick is not a conditional pick either so they will certainly get that 6th rounder.

It's a shame to see this happen to a guy I think we were all hoping would be a key fixture on our line but at the same time kudos to our GM or pulling the trigger on this move and getting something of at least some value for a guy who probably wasn't going to make the team anyway.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that we got some thing for him.

He was beyond brutal last season and they clearly did not have a lot of faith I him coming back to anything worth keeping.

Good move cutting your losses.
dabears32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty apparent that he wasn't in this team's long term plans. Props to Emery for getting some value back.

Wish him the best in Tampa, though. Hopefully he can reconnect with Bostad and salvage an NFL career.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where are the people insisting I was grasping at straws when I said 2 months ago that I didn't see Carimi making the team? I kid, I kid. But the fact they traded a 1st round pick from 2 years ago for a 6th rounder tells you all you need to know, the Bears had absolutely no intention of wasting anymore time or money on Gabe Carimi.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...okay.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been a kick in the teeth to cut him and have to pay his salary. The sixth they got for him was not where the value was....it was in not having to carry his salary. Given the circumstances, things worked out about as well as they were going to for both the Bears and Gabe.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needed to be done. I'm surprised we were able to get something for Carimi in return.

Tampa Bay has a solid offensive line already not sure how he fits in there.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 49 Yards- 586 TDs- 8 Tgts- 86
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a pick 2 rounds higher then he's worth. Getting back at them for Brian Price.
Bears54

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: maybe.... Reply with quote

Do you think the Bears are trying to clear some cap space to possibly sign a vetern RT like Eric Winston. I think that would be a perfect pick up and make our O-line so much better. Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, and Winston would be a pretty good oline and have Webb as our swing tackle.
thebeast15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well get SOMETHING for him as we all knew he had little chance of even making the 53.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: maybe.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
Do you think the Bears are trying to clear some cap space to possibly sign a vetern RT like Eric Winston. I think that would be a perfect pick up and make our O-line so much better. Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, and Winston would be a pretty good oline and have Webb as our swing tackle.

Not happening. He wants more money than he's getting offered and the Bears aren't exactly flush with cap space
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not attending OTAs was likely the last straw for the Bears and he was on the roster bubble to begin with. I'm surprised Emery got something out of him after the embarrassing showing he had last season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: