Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which Player's Development Are You Most Concerned About?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Which Player's Development Are You Most Concerned About? Reply with quote

This topic goes along the same lines as the other. Simple question, what players development concerns you the most?

Some players development this year are more crucial than others, and some guys with little production are being thrust into position battles with no proven vet. It could potentially make us vulnerable.

I'd say that as excited as I am about seeing Nate Irving's progress, I'm just as concerned about how he's developed so far. I do have selfish reasons for this concern, as I want him to succeed. MLB is such a weak position for us, so if he's not starting week one, it might say all we need to know.

I think there are obvious concerns about Rahim Moore after the playoff game. It's never good news to hear he lost first team reps to David Bruton, either.

The rookie whose development concerns me, and I think we should play close attention to is Tavarres King. With the expiring contracts on this team, we need that pick to be one that doesn't bust.

Who you guys got?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Clady for health reasons.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quanterus Smith. Not a big investment but I want to see him succeed.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Hillman... I just didn't see anything special from him at all last season. He's not as fast as I anticipated at the NFL level. But after declaring Rahim Moore a bust after his rookie season, I've learned my lesson about giving up on a player to soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillip Blake should be in the conversation. He's shown little so far and may be in danger of even making the roster. He could be the 1st legitimate "bust" of the Elway era. Not good for a 4th rd O Lineman.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock Osweiler.

I was very much against the pick, at the time, because there were/are many needs on this team. Im still a little hesitant to claim him the QB of the future. I hope he succeeds, dont get me wrong, I just have a hard time believing he became a very good QB in one year sitting the bench. I had him as a 4th rounder last year and would much rather have drafted Russell Wilson. Yes, I was a big advocate of Wilson before playing with SEA.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Ryan Clady for health reasons.

Ryan Clady has been in the league for 5 years...I don't really think he's going to be developing anymore, he's a top 3 OT. He's also never missed a game with health issues....

Anyway, I would probably say Nate Irving or Brock Osweiler. Irving because we need a competent MLB and if he can't deliver we're definitely back in the mix for another one.

Osweiler just because he's the QBOTF and our success or failure after Manning depends on how ready he is. Now, the reports our of Dove Valley have been glowing, and it seems Brock has already taken that step to the next level, which is good news.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Knighton.

Vickerson has been steady yet also aging. Hence, it is of high importance that JDR is able to rekindle Knighton's mean streak. Sly is right in that rotation, of course, but I'd feel much more comfortable with a three-headed instead of a two-headed monster at DT. For our run-D's sake and our Super Bowl aspirations. There won't be much of Nate Irving left if Knighton is not able to shoulder the load in the trenches.

PS: I did not forget Unrein. I just did not mention him- until now.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Irving. Its put up or shut up time

Props to Jamison on the sig
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with most of these answers, minus Clady. He's established.

I would agree with Blake mostly, media has been extra quiet about him, so you wonder if thats going down the tubes.

Osweiler I'm concerned not really about his development but more about how the fan base treats him when it is time for Manning to pass the torch. We've heard glowing reports, but he's taking the job of an all time great. I'm concerned about how the fan base will react to him in the event that hes very solid, solid enough to win a Super Bowl, but not like top 5 in the league as we'll have become used to seeing after a few years of Manning. Could definitely see some fan freakouts if he's not like Aaron Rodgers was after sitting for several years and taking over Favre's job.

Another I agree with is Quanterus Smith. Just really doubt he lives up to what people in this forum think he'll be. If he does, great I'll welcome it, but I wont be surprised if he's not this high impact pass rusher that some think he'll be. Some huge expectations around here for a 5th rounder.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many to chose from. My short list would include Osweiler, Danny Trevathan, Sylvester Williams, and Montee Ball. All of these guys will play key roles in the future of this team and except for Oz all of them should be big factors in the present.

Trevathan is the more under the radar one, but I think he's a future starter and even in a non-starting role could be asked to do a lot of things given his role in the nickel D.

I want to add Quant Smith too as a personal fave, but its still too early to count on him for much.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is really about three players. All from the first draft class under Elway.

Nate Irving - If he doesn't keep the job that is handed to him he will be gone after his contract is up. I like Nate, but he hasn't really played much on defense in two seasons. It is time to step up.

Julius Thomas - Has never produced other than in practices. Injuries have slowed him but he is healthy now. He could prove to be a valuable weapon for Manning in certain situations. Thomas has to show some kind of progress this year. He is the only TE that has the athletic skills to become a big time weapon. If so, he and Green will form a nice tandem for the future.

Rahim Moore - And only because of what happended in a crucial moment in the biggest game of the year to date. He still has to prove he can move on from that play. Some guys shrink after moments like that. I want to see another leap from Rahim this year. He improved, but I want to see a ballhawk mentality and more turnovers from him.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I would have to agree with most of these answers, minus Clady. He's established.

I would agree with Blake mostly, media has been extra quiet about him, so you wonder if thats going down the tubes.

Osweiler I'm concerned not really about his development but more about how the fan base treats him when it is time for Manning to pass the torch. We've heard glowing reports, but he's taking the job of an all time great. I'm concerned about how the fan base will react to him in the event that hes very solid, solid enough to win a Super Bowl, but not like top 5 in the league as we'll have become used to seeing after a few years of Manning. Could definitely see some fan freakouts if he's not like Aaron Rodgers was after sitting for several years and taking over Favre's job.

Another I agree with is Quanterus Smith. Just really doubt he lives up to what people in this forum think he'll be. If he does, great I'll welcome it, but I wont be surprised if he's not this high impact pass rusher that some think he'll be. Some huge expectations around here for a 5th rounder.

I don't really know what to say to this post I'd agree the fan base is expecting a franchise qb. I think the days of just a serviceable qb winning a Superbowl are over. Since the Bucs you could argue that every Superbowl winning team had a top 10 qb. Look at Joe in the Playoffs last year 11 tds zero INTs. The Quarterback play has really elevated since the early 2000s. If Brock is just a serviceable starter I as a fan won't settle for that and the front office shouldn't either. If he has growing pains his first year that's fine but I want to see flashes of potential. The lowest ceiling I'd settle with as a fan is a Joe Flacco type. A qbs that is in the 10 to 12 range that can lead a team and make some plays.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Brock Osweiler.

I was very much against the pick, at the time, because there were/are many needs on this team. Im still a little hesitant to claim him the QB of the future. I hope he succeeds, dont get me wrong, I just have a hard time believing he became a very good QB in one year sitting the bench. I had him as a 4th rounder last year and would much rather have drafted Russell Wilson. Yes, I was a big advocate of Wilson before playing with SEA.

I to also wanted Wilson but I can see why the Broncos went in the direction they did. Wilson would of been 27 replacing Manning to Brock being 24. If Manning never went to Denver Wilson would of been a no brainer for me. He was my second favorite Qb in the draft I preferred him to Weeden all day. He's just so mature for his age and has that it factor. Hopefully Brock gets that mature.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Brock Osweiler.

I to also wanted Wilson but I can see why the Broncos went in the direction they did. Wilson would of been 27 replacing Manning to Brock being 24. If Manning never went to Denver Wilson would of been a no brainer for me. He was my second favorite Qb in the draft I preferred him to Weeden all day. He's just so mature for his age and has that it factor. Hopefully Brock gets that mature.

Oz already is:

http://pro32.ap.org/article/osweiler-out-be-worthy-successor-no-18

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: