Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lincoln Financial Revitalization
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Lincoln Financial Revitalization Reply with quote

Here it is, the official announcement and stadium upgrade plan.

http://events.lincolnfinancialfield.com/stadium/index.html
Quote:
Lincoln Financial Field, the team's home since 2003, will undergo a series of revitalizations over the next two years. Upon completion prior to the start of the 2014 season, the stadium will have improved amenities for all fans including new HD video boards, Wi-Fi installation, and bridges that will connect both sides of the upper concourse. In addition, the stadium will expand by 1,600 seats to accommodate nearly 70,000 fans.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a dump, demolish it and build something way better...With a Retractable rooof. and Name that beitch the Dawkins Dome of Doom!

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
willy_law

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the upgrades.

http://s28.postimg.org/oljgh0ee5/Philly_Sig.jpg
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seriously have one of the coolest looking stadiums in the country. The solar panels look so cool, I'm pretty sure the design that flashes through them is an eagle's wings. I also think it's pretty cool how close it is to 95, most stadiums are set back from the highway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
We seriously have one of the coolest looking stadiums in the country. The solar panels look so cool, I'm pretty sure the design that flashes through them is an eagle's wings. I also think it's pretty cool how close it is to 95, most stadiums are set back from the highway.

It does look pretty cool when you drive by it. I really like the solar panels covering the parking lot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:

I think what makes it so special,getting off the bridge you have a good view into the stadium and it looks beautiful at night when games are being played.

http://s28.postimg.org/oljgh0ee5/Philly_Sig.jpg
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad they are upgrading the stadium but Philly will never get a Super Bowl. Ever!

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Glad they are upgrading the stadium but Philly will never get a Super Bowl. Ever!

It might if people weren't such babies... Football is better in the winter. Hell, Philly doesn't even get that cold in the winter, it's rarely below 25.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

It might if people weren't such babies... Football is better in the winter. Hell, Philly doesn't even get that cold in the winter, it's rarely below 25.

Even though that may be true once the NY SB this year bombs miserably do to weather (have no doubt) it will be a decade or more before they ever even consider doing it again. The best we can ever hope for is a miracle warm spell, non blizzard next Feb or it will be one and done. The SB is about money and money alone. Those who spend the money don't want issues with the weather. Plain and simple.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only city where they could make a cold weather Superbowl work is NYC. For whatever reason, people with money seem to love NYC and there are so many things for the very wealthy to do in NYC.

Do we see a ton of wealthy come to Philadelphia for no reason? In my experience, no. Do we see a ton of wealthy people come to NYC for no reason? Yes.

Also, a Green Bay Superbowl won't happen until that area adds more hotels and other accommodations.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Pitt was in Philly last week!
But I agree, not much to entertain a bunch of people for a week.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean Philly has plenty of Clubs and places to have events.....as well as restaurants like every other city who hosts. But yea there isn't that huge draw like New York City or Miami can get for a week. But you look at cities like Detroit, Tampa, and Jacksonville we have plenty to do.

One thing that would likely happen, especially since its been so popular thus far, is Philly live/xfinity live would likely get an expansion closer to the scale of the original plans for it. That would be able to house many of the events that go on during the week.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
birdman0069

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people are naive to think it has anything to do with weather. It's logistics, period. Hotels, a place for the NFL experience, something for people to do for two weeks and traffic. Traffic being the number 1 thing.
Lets not forget that the NFL is vehemently opposed to gambling of any kind and therefor will never even hold a press conference in close proximity to Atlantic City. That's the real reason Philly never gets a Super Bowl. People won't want to except that, but that is reality.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
I like the upgrades.

really? WEAK BRO WEAK!!

Unless they said "WERE PAINTING THIS BEEEEEEITCH KELLY GREEEN!!!!!" who cares....

I opened this up and when i read nothing about a coming change to a new color scheme, i was F-ING PISSSED@!!!

Everything Kellly Green or BUST!

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
You people are naive to think it has anything to do with weather. It's logistics, period. Hotels, a place for the NFL experience, something for people to do for two weeks and traffic. Traffic being the number 1 thing.
Lets not forget that the NFL is vehemently opposed to gambling of any kind and therefor will never even hold a press conference in close proximity to Atlantic City. That's the real reason Philly never gets a Super Bowl. People won't want to except that, but that is reality.

Wha??????? I am so confused by this post. Are you saying Philly won't get a Superbowl because it's so close to Atlantic City? I hope not, that makes no sense. AC is not close to Philly at all, it would be easier to visit NYC by train.

Not to mention, Philly has plenty of hotels. There is plenty to do. And the traffic is the same as any other major city, maybe even a little better. The stadium also has relatively decent ingress and egress. If they can put up with the traffic at Cowboys stadium and in Jacksonville that the superbowl created, they can live with the Linc.

Also, I find it very ironic that people are talking about how NYC has so many things to do when no NFL team plays in NYC. Sure, Giants stadium is very close to NYC, but let's call a spade a spade here....it's in Jersey. If the Superbowl goes off without a major hitch this year, there is absolutely no reason why Philly can't get one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: