Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So how has Geno looked?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: So how has Geno looked? Reply with quote

I've pretty much stopped following the team since Goodson's arrest, as I was finally starting to like the way the team was coming around and that annoyed me since I think Goodson could have been a huge part of the team.

That being said, I have ignored OTAs and most of camp, so I have no idea how Geno is progressing. I'm assuming Sanchez is the starter at the beginning of the season, but how long does it appear to be until the Geno Era, if ever?
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno has looked like a rookie

Next week will be huge for him and training camp even more

Word is the Jets want him to start but he's gotta take it

Also I wish had some video from OTAs to see how his mechanics are looking

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been reading, Sanchez has had the better numbers besides day #1. But we can't really judge them from OTA's because the top 4 WR's are hurt. Sanchez throwing to back ups, and Geno throwing to who ever we can find in the parking lot.

I haven't heard anything really bad about Geno yet, but I do love the fact that he has the confidence to call a audible this soon. He's going to be tested by our defense now that Rex is calling the plays again. Geno Era could begin week 4 if Sanchez doesn't step up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been underwhelming.

You can point to a few reasons, namely the defense has been together for almost four years, and the top four receivers are out, but still, he hasn't really wowed from reports.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been in camp for a month and we knew he wasn't NFL starting ready. Can we give him at least till training camp?

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows?

We'll see how he looks next week at minicamp, and only that should be taken with a grain of salt. He's still learning.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a rookie. Cimini makes it sound like hes already played a full season of NFL football though.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Like a rookie. Cimini makes it sound like hes already played a full season of NFL football though.

lol he does

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is a rookie just starting his NFL career. Geno is learning a new system and trying to get used to being a professional football player. I have been impressed by how he has handled the media coverage. I want to see Geno play in preseason games to get a real feel for him. The Jets defense is going to be a top 3 defense this year. This will help Geno and Sanchez in the long run.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have specified. I know Geno hasn't shown much if anything yet since he hasn't had the opportunity to, I was more wondering what the initial reports on him were looking like. While there is really no way of knowing if he will be above average yet, I feel like we would know if he projected as below average.
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Geno and the other picks signed yet?

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
Are Geno and the other picks signed yet?

Nah, our top 3 picks still need to be signed.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comment from coach Lee

He's the most interesting guy. When his footwork is good success follows him like no other quarterback I've ever coached. It happens every day," Lee said. "He double hitches on the posts it makes him late instead of a single hitch. Those things are killing him. We've installed so much, so many plays. And then there's new plays and what's that footwork."

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Interesting comment from coach Lee

He's the most interesting guy. When his footwork is good success follows him like no other quarterback I've ever coached. It happens every day," Lee said. "He double hitches on the posts it makes him late instead of a single hitch. Those things are killing him. We've installed so much, so many plays. And then there's new plays and what's that footwork."

That is pretty big coming from a coach with his resume. A little encouraging. Sounds like he is saying if Geno get his footwork right, he is going to be one of the best. I can't wait to see what he can do this preseason.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno has a lot of upside and I am starting to get excited about him. When players and coaches say "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" I absolutely cringe. When were we winning with Sanchez last year? It was borderline embarrassing and that boy flat out gave up. I don't understand how a QB with absolutely NO confidence could give anyone the best chance to win. I know a lot of us want Geno to sit and learn, but I personally am in favor of him starting from day one, if he earns it.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: