Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favre: "I was at fault"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
I'm going to choose to remember the good times, now that he's come out and admitted wrong.

I'm going to chose to remember everything, good and bad.

You don't give the organization's highest honor to a guy who deliberately, intentionally, behaved dishonorably towards the franchise, regardless of his motivation.

Five guys have received this honor in 90 years. Five. Favre doesn't belong in their company.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I'm going to choose to remember the good times, now that he's come out and admitted wrong.

You don't give the organization's highest honor to a guy who deliberately, intentionally, behaved dishonorably towards the franchise, regardless of his motivation.

Five guys have received this honor in 90 years. Five. Favre doesn't belong in their company.

...And it's fine to have that opinion, but it's something that is for sure going to happen, so you will have to come to grips with some sort of acceptance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

He's the NFL's all-time leader in damn near everything before he even left the team. What does a guy have to do?
Polaris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

...And it's fine to have that opinion, but it's something that is for sure going to happen, so you will have to come to grips with some sort of acceptance.

If I had a nickel for everything that was "sure" to happen, and then didn't, I'd have an enormous pile of nickels. And when the day comes that I'll "accept" things that I know darn well are wrong then that'll be a good day to throw myself under a train.
Polaris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

He's the NFL's all-time leader in damn near everything before he even left the team. What does a guy have to do?

Uhh....behave honorably?

All those records are what gets him in Canton. Lots of guys are in Canton that haven't had their number retired. This is a higher honor reserved for people who've made exceptional contributions to the franchise. One title doesn't offset all the dishonorable things he did on his way out the door.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Uhh....behave honorably?

All those records are what gets him in Canton. Lots of guys are in Canton that haven't had their number retired. This is a higher honor reserved for people who've made exceptional contributions to the franchise. One title doesn't offset all the dishonorable things he did on his way out the door.

See I think your wrong here, not that I don't think character should come into play, but guys like Wilt Chamberlin and Magic Johnson were some of the biggest womanizers out there, and their numbers are retired. Favre became vindictive of TT, not the Packers. His actions were foolish and stupid but they were out of spite for TT, I would argue that Brett Favre ever has held anything against the PAckers as a franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish Murphy never broached the idea of retiring his number, frankly. We can put his name on the Ring of Honor after Canton and put him in the PHOF and I think that would suffice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Polaris wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Uhh....behave honorably?

See I think your wrong here, not that I don't think character should come into play, but guys like Wilt Chamberlin and Magic Johnson were some of the biggest womanizers out there, and their numbers are retired. Favre became vindictive of TT, not the Packers. His actions were foolish and stupid but they were out of spite for TT, I would argue that Brett Favre ever has held anything against the PAckers as a franchise.

They didn't behave dishonorably towards the organization that honored them. And to try to distinguish between the GM of the Packers and the organization is just pedantic hair-splitting. Ted Thompson was acting in his capacity as GM of the organization.....it wasn't a "personal" decision to honor Favre's retirement and move on, it was business.

So after the team already started planning a ceremony to retire his number, Favre started acting out. And the consequence of his actions should be......?

I don't hold Favre's womanizing against him, or his pervertedness. That's between him and his wife and the women he hurt. I don't hold his drinking, or his Percodan addiction against him. But when you smear crap on something I love, deliberately and intentionally, then I do hold that against you,
blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I do wish Murphy never broached the idea of retiring his number, frankly. We can put his name on the Ring of Honor after Canton and put him in the PHOF and I think that would suffice.

It's like Hornung though. Nobody will wear 5, and nobody will wear 4. Unless you're trying to prove a point- you retire his number.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

It's like Hornung though. Nobody will wear 5, and nobody will wear 4. Unless you're trying to prove a point- you retire his number.
don't you think that telling folks in order to receive the highest bestowed honor you must display ability AND integrity is a good point to prove?
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Didn't Vince Farragamo wear #5 during his short stint in Green Bay back in the 80s?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
to try to distinguish between the GM of the Packers and the organization is just pedantic hair-splitting. Ted Thompson was acting in his capacity as GM of the organization.....it wasn't a "personal" decision to honor Favre's retirement and move on, it was business.

This. I don't see how anyone can separate the two. I could understand him feeling like he wanted to stick it to Ted but I don't understand how he couldn't think "But I can't do that to the Packers and the fans." Esp since it's the only team owned by the fans. That makes it even worse.

Regardless, some off-hand, sort-of taking fault in an under the radar article isn't enough. He made the media rounds to smear the organization, go make the rounds and show some repentance. Then we can see...

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000212244/article/brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-will-break-most-my-records?campaign=Facebook_atl_patra

The video is lulzy Laughing

Wadjas aint good az Favre cuz he don't sellabrate lik a BIG SHHHOOOOTT DOE!!!!!
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000212244/article/brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-will-break-most-my-records?campaign=Facebook_atl_patra

Wat?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Wat?
Both made short mention of how Rodgers is actually better, then spent the bulk of time saying how he would never be better than Favre because he doesn't celebrate as good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: