Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favre: "I was at fault"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madtown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
http://gnb.scout.com/2/1299533.html

Honestly, I am completely shocked. This is what I wanted from him and thought I'd never get.

MaybeCharismaWasRight.jpg???

He said the move to Rodgers was a great move! There has been nothing that could have made me think he was capable of saying that. If he can walk out on Lambeau Field or even in front of a press conference and shake TT's hand, I'll probably completely flip my opinion.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminded me of Favre's answer to Green Bay winning the Super Bowl- "Surprised it didn't happen sooner"; people took this as a backhanded compliment.

Madtown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Reminded me of Favre's answer to Green Bay winning the Super Bowl- "Surprised it didn't happen sooner"; people took this as a backhanded compliment.

I don't have a good jpg to counter, but yeah, that was pretty backhanded. Very Happy
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no comeback to Olmec. None.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Honestly, I am completely shocked. This is what I wanted from him and thought I'd never get.

About what? Doesn't change my opinion on how he handled his exit.

ChaRisMa wrote:

It was.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

But you maybe kinda sorta are willing to forgive and forget and let one of the greatest QB's in NFL History take his rightful spot in the Packer HOF where he belongs?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

How else should he have handled it? Retire?

Favre felt he could still play and the Packers wanted to gain as much from a trade as they could. The Packers could have approached the situation similarly to the Colts by releasing Manning, it would have been much less messy. But I can understand why GB chose to pursue that draft pick. It makes sense. But doesnt the same apply for Favre? It made sense for Favre to want to continue playing, especially after the year he had in 2007.

Favre shouldnt make career decisions based on appeasing fans and the Packers organization. If he feels his career should continue, why should he prematurely retire?
Kal-El

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

I'll repeat what I said before (including the last part!):

Kal-El wrote:
I didn't think he had it in him to admit that.

However, it's good to see him say it nonetheless. I'm willing to forgive and forget, but both sides must do their halves of the equation.

Inb4 other teams' fans' "just get over it"-nonsense.

I was watching NFL's Top-10 football personalities and they had Brett at #2 behind 'Refrigerator. All those clips they had on him, the plays he made, everything... it just reminded me of some of the great memories he brought our team, for which I became a fan of football and the Green Bay Packers.

Brett screwed up, the way he handled un-retiring and his exit therein. Any fan that does not acknowledge this simple fact is ignorant -- plain and simple. However, nobody's perfect and I'm willing to let bygones be bygones at this point.

So yeah, as it stands right now, the Favre-Packers reunion has my support.

Lorde <33333333
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Sirius interview has softened my opinion of him. I suspect he regrets the way it all went down and he was foolish to retire in March of 08. Hopefully we'll all kiss and make up not too far into the future and we can put that messy divorce behind us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
That Sirius interview has softened my opinion of him. I suspect he regrets the way it all went down and he was foolish to retire in March of 08. Hopefully we'll all kiss and make up not too far into the future and we can put that messy divorce behind us.

The only person Favre should be kissing is his wife.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Favre felt he could still play and the Packers wanted to gain as much from a trade as they could. The Packers could have approached the situation similarly to the Colts by releasing Manning, it would have been much less messy. But I can understand why GB chose to pursue that draft pick. It makes sense. But doesnt the same apply for Favre? It made sense for Favre to want to continue playing, especially after the year he had in 2007.

Favre shouldnt make career decisions based on appeasing fans and the Packers organization. If he feels his career should continue, why should he prematurely retire?

I guess you missed the previous 13 pages.

I disagree with you. You're leaving out pretty much every detail. It's okay.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

But you maybe kinda sorta are willing to forgive and forget and let one of the greatest QB's in NFL History take his rightful spot in the Packer HOF where he belongs?

Not sure about forget, but yes, probably forgive.

This is what we were missing to go forward with honoring him and such. I really just want the situation to be over and done with so this debate doesn't have to happen anymore.

Wouldn't hurt for him to address the fans, though.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Very true, and if he that was all he did it would be great. But going to what at the time was the biggest threat to the Packers to "stick it to them" and giving opposing teams help in order to beat us are what has caused a lot of irritation to Packer fans. I cheered for him when he was in New York, but the second he sought out the Vikings and when word came out he went out of his way to help the Lions when they played for us soured that in my eyes. For all he did for the Packers, the latest memories I have of him are those two events.

Everyone could have handled it differently, but only one side tried to stick it to the team who stood by him during his drug and alcohol issues, and only one decided to go to the rival, a rival whose fan base (including radio personalities) were wishing for career ending injuries on him for years, while at the same time referring to his wife as a lush because she was filmed with a beer at a game.

So I will someday forgive and move on, but Viking fans telling me I'm wrong for feeling this way will not expedite those feelings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Favre and the Pack was very different than Manning and the Colts. Manning had a clause in his contract garaunteeing a huge amount of $$ had he been on the team at the start of the league year. It essentially made the colts choose between a top draft pick- or manning off a serious injury getting paid like royalty. And more importantly it made them pick before the league year opened. Which means before they could trade him. The colts I'm sure would have liked to trade him and get compensation- Mannings camp obviously put that clause into the contact for just that reason.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

ChaRisMa wrote:

It was.

Unless Favre gets time machine and goes back and changes how he exits nothing will change that opinion, its set in stone. However, the guy has come back and said we made the right move and if he could change things he would. That's an apology, and now is when we move on. Anyone still bitter towards Favre is just harboring a grudge at this point, and that's fine, your prerogative, but I grew up from age 3 to age 19 in the Favre era and he's one of the huge factors that I am compulsively obsessed with this game, I'm going to choose to remember the good times, now that he's come out and admitted wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: