Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Ink Nico Johnson/Travis Kelce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Chiefs Ink Nico Johnson/Travis Kelce Reply with quote

http://m.kcchiefs.com/s/30852/newsDetails?itemPos=3&itemUri=-1619580349%2F1089210121045212111483127750

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Thursday that the club has signed TE Travis Kelce and LB Nico Johnson.

Leaving my boy Eric Fisher lone unsigned pick.

No word on terms that i could find. Will update though.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
CRW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Expecting big impacts out of both of them this year.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRW wrote:

Same here. I like Kelce more and more every day. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting TE by the time week 1 rolls around. Nico has the potential to complete our entire defense. I'm so freakin' stoked for this season it's not even funny. I'm starting to get to the point where if we don't make the playoffs, I'll be upset.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk, I think if not for the Donks I'd be upset too. The fact is, and it pains me to say this, they are a VERY good team.

I think it might take a bit of time, so I'll say this. I'll be upset if by week 4 we aren't competitive in EVERY game. I'm really tired of watching my team lose by 14 or more points EVERY damn week.

If we're competitive this year, and play hard (last year nobody cared besided Houston and Johnson) I'll at least take some solace in the fact that we're a "better" team.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is talk of character issues about Kelce. What's with that?

J

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

J

Well his freshman year i think he was busted with weed, right Ryk? Or was it a Dui? Anyways that might be it, not to mention he wears his heart on his sleeve so maybe that's taken as cocky?

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character concerns early in college, probably the reason he fell as far as he did. I don't think he had any issues recently, but I'm not sure. A player with a lot of potential/upside. No bigger risk than taking Houston.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Kelce - Justin Houston

2 kids with character concerns who fell to the third round, and will be top 5 at their position in a couple years.

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ryk, I think if not for the Donks I'd be upset too. The fact is, and it pains me to say this, they are a VERY good team.

I think it might take a bit of time, so I'll say this. I'll be upset if by week 4 we aren't competitive in EVERY game. I'm really tired of watching my team lose by 14 or more points EVERY damn week.

If we're competitive this year, and play hard (last year nobody cared besided Houston and Johnson) I'll at least take some solace in the fact that we're a "better" team.

I'm with you that the Donks are ahead of us at this point in the division, but who are the strong W/C contenders? Bal/Pit loser (although one or both may not be all that strong), Bengals? sure but their QB is no better than ours, with the addition of Alex and Reid, we basically became the Bengals with a running game and more talent on D. Dolphins? Is Tannehill gonna be as good as Alex this soon? Colts? Very likely a step back for them as their roster is still full of holes and they lost the man who coached that team and ran the offense and their best player is another year older.

Yeah, i'll be very upset if we can't beat out those teams for one of the WC's.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
marnz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

J

got busted smoking weed once

not a big deal was a small mistake and i think its a complete no issue
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think that the W/C is a toss up. Too many what if's, what if someone get's hurt, what if a rival gets hurt etc. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think we can be there. I was more looking at the aspect of winning the division/making the playoffs.

Plus, strength of schedule comes into play if we end up with the same records when it comes to W/C.

CRW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
CRW wrote:

Same here. I like Kelce more and more every day. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting TE by the time week 1 rolls around. Nico has the potential to complete our entire defense. I'm so freakin' stoked for this season it's not even funny. I'm starting to get to the point where if we don't make the playoffs, I'll be upset.

I'm already there, lol. That's probably not a good thing. Denver is a very good team, and it will be hard to unseat them as the top team in the AFCW. You can never really bank on the WC either.

I'm very excited about Nico though. I think everyone knows that Kelce has the potential to be a very good TE in this league, but Nico I think also could be a good LB in this league. He fell farther than I ever thought he would.
omar72587

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

HOnestly how good do you think the donks are without Peyton Manning? I think our squad is really going to surprise the donks when we play them. We have the personnel to not only shut down the donks offense, but to layeth the smack down Very Happy
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
HOnestly how good do you think the donks are without Peyton Manning? I think our squad is really going to surprise the donks when we play them. We have the personnel to not only shut down the donks offense, but to layeth the smack down Very Happy

Well they have an outstanding receiving group, drafted a RB that bottom line knows how to find the endzone. They have one of the best young pass rushers in the league, and they improved their LB's and defensive backfield in the off-season.

So if you take out Manning, I think they are still pretty good. How good are we if Daniels has to start? Or without JC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: