Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How are Bills Fans to opposing Fans at the stadium?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: How are Bills Fans to opposing Fans at the stadium? Reply with quote

Greetings all, I am considering going to the Buffalo Bills vs Panthers game this season, and as a Panthers fan, I am wondering how the fans in Buffalo treat opposing fans? There are some places that you shouldn't go to as an opposing fan, I am just wondering if Buffalo is one of them..

Thanks all for the input!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were a Dolphins, Jets or Patriots fan I would say you are going to have a bad time, but for Carolina, I don't think you will have too much trouble, although it is the Home opener and our fans like to drink, and drink a lot so expect some heckling, but you should be in decent shape.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
If you were a Dolphins, Jets or Patriots fan I would say you are going to have a bad time, but for Carolina, I don't think you will have too much trouble, although it is the Home opener and our fans like to drink, and drink a lot so expect some heckling, but you should be in decent shape.

Would it be wise to bring an enforcer along? I wasn't sure if I can even get a buddy to go down with me, but I reckon it would be a bad idea to go alone..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: How are Bills Fans to opposing Fans at the stadium? Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Greetings all, I am considering going to the Buffalo Bills vs Panthers game this season, and as a Panthers fan, I am wondering how the fans in Buffalo treat opposing fans? There are some places that you shouldn't go to as an opposing fan, I am just wondering if Buffalo is one of them..

Thanks all for the input!

I went with my father, who is a Vikings fan back in 2006 when the Bills last hosted them in a regular season game. He was dressed up in his Vikings gear, and cheering his team on, but we didn't have any problems.

Granted, we did win that game, and you can never guarantee that you won't get one or two outlying idiots, but there didn't seem to be any systematic problems.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Would it be wise to bring an enforcer along? I wasn't sure if I can even get a buddy to go down with me, but I reckon it would be a bad idea to go alone..

I would recommend it just because it'll be more fun for you.. Not that you'll really need an enforcer person.

Tommy was right on though, if your a Pats fan or Dolphins fan you'd be treated like garbage. As a season ticket holder myself, my crew doesn't mess with opposing fans unless you start with us (excluded our division foes).

By the way, the home opener is the Patriots

shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I would recommend it just because it'll be more fun for you.. Not that you'll really need an enforcer person.

Tommy was right on though, if your a Pats fan or Dolphins fan you'd be treated like garbage. As a season ticket holder myself, my crew doesn't mess with opposing fans unless you start with us (excluded our division foes).

Yeah I mean I definitely don't Want to drive 9 hours to Buffalo by myself, but finding a friend with enough coin and the desire to see a Bills Vs Panthers game might be challenging... I live in Maine so everyone's a Patriots fan around here, except for me of course... I despise the Patriots...

I'm hoping to make it to this Bills/Panthers game because my hopes of going to a Home Panthers game are slim, as all the good single game tickets are about gone, and Tick Exchange peeps want $400+ for good seats.

Also im not one of those arrogant/ignorant/belligerent fans that yells obscenities and talks smack the whole game.. I cheer on my team but I don't start crap with opposing fans...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Yeah I mean I definitely don't Want to drive 9 hours to Buffalo by myself, but finding a friend with enough coin and the desire to see a Bills Vs Panthers game might be challenging... I live in Maine so everyone's a Patriots fan around here, except for me of course... I despise the Patriots...

I'm hoping to make it to this Bills/Panthers game because my hopes of going to a Home Panthers game are slim, as all the good single game tickets are about gone, and Tick Exchange peeps want $400+ for good seats.

Also im not one of those arrogant/ignorant/belligerent fans that yells obscenities and talks smack the whole game.. I cheer on my team but I don't start crap with opposing fans...

Ah well you should be fine. Good luck getting a buddy to join you.

Maxmw22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone as the opposing fan in Bills gear, as long as you take things in stride, it's usually never too bad, but you always have those guys who get waaaay too drunk before the game, that happens everywhere.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the info.... I think i'm gonna try to go to the game..

Do you guys know when single game tickets go on sale? I checked the Bills website and it didn't say...

Also are there usually good seats available for sale when single game tickets go on sale, or should I expect to be sitting in the nosebleed? I don't like to spend the money on going to a game unless I can get a pretty decent seat...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

Do you guys know when single game tickets go on sale? I checked the Bills website and it didn't say...

Also are there usually good seats available for sale when single game tickets go on sale, or should I expect to be sitting in the nosebleed? I don't like to spend the money on going to a game unless I can get a pretty decent seat...

It might be a little tough this year compared to past years, but if you're going by yourself you should have no issues getting a good seat. I think they go on sale in July. Not sure on that though. The prices are pretty good compared to most teams. You could spend ~$50 and get a good seat.

I know it may not be the best time, but you could get a seat in the family section (mid level - 200 section) for a decent price and you'll have very few drunk idiots around. But like I said, it'll be less of a party/lively crowd.

jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just avoid "The Rockpile" section, which is located behind the endzone by the scoreboard.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I would just avoid "The Rockpile" section, which is located behind the endzone by the scoreboard.

I sit in 240 Laughing the very edge of the Rockpile (although it isn't considered a Rockpile section). I love it there. Why the hate?

joutman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Game Reply with quote

I wish you the best. I have been a fan since i was a toddler and i have given up on attending games. Maybe i just picked the wrong games but the crowd was out of control. I will never forget a monday night game against the Jets when they brought out police dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

Even the Nosebleeds at the Ralph are pretty good seats. I have sat in the upper section near the 50 a couple times and have been more than satisfied.

Sat right near Pinto Ron for the Bills-Lions game when we went from 0-8 to 1-8 a couple years ago Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: