Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hate Towards Raiders and Fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Hate Towards Raiders and Fans Reply with quote

Quote:
Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com

Worst tight end group - Honorable mention: Oakland Raiders

Worst wide receiver group: Oakland Raiders

Worst Quarterback group - Honorable mention: Oakland Raiders

Worst cornerback group - Honorable mention: Oakland Raiders

Worst linebacker group: Oakland Raiders

Worst defensive line (4-3): Oakland Raiders

ESPN all season long has just been trying to put down the Oakland Raiders pretty much on a daily bases with the latest being Matt Williamson's grade of the Raiders.

Quote:
ESPN's Matt Williamson gave out his off-season grades and has the Raiders with the worst grade in the AFC.

Via Matt Williamson ESPN AFC WEST BLOG :
Quote:
I hate putting a grade on the Raiders' offseason. This front office is doing an exceptional job of bargain basement shopping while dumping good players to get out from under a terrible situation that it inherited. But my grades are based on if the team improved on the field or not, and while I give this group credit for some very shrewd additions, the Raiders simply are not ready to compete right now. They rival the Jaguars as the worst roster in the entire league.

The defensive line is a big problem area, but Oakland is better at linebacker and at cornerback than it was a year ago. The Raiders now have several linebackers who are not well-known but are quality NFL players, and Sio Moore is a great addition in the third round. Jenkins, Porter and especially D.J. Hayden give the Raiders a core of man-to-man cover CBs to build around, which is a premium position. This front office was very familiar with Woodson (and Flynn for that matter) from their time together in Green Bay. Woodson will bring leadership and could firm up this secondary that I project to be much improved. Woodson also has rare versatility for the position.

On offense, right tackle was a huge problem spot in 2012. Menelik Watson has a lot of upside, but he is definitely a project, which works fine with the Raiders' long term plan. The pass-catchers here are young and very unproven, but Nick Kasa and Mychal Rivera could develop at tight end. There are sure to be growing pains with Flynn's or Tyler Wilson's receiving corps. Along those lines, don't be surprised if Flynn is beaten out by a rookie named Wilson for the second year in a row.

In the backfield, Latavius Murray possesses a rare combination of size and speed and could make a name for himself in Oakland's new power blocking scheme if/when Darren McFadden goes down with injury.

So not spending allot of money means the team can't be successful ?

So why is the defensive line a big problem area?

Based upon what?

Surely not facts seeing how down right terrible the defensive line was last season.

And QB yes Flynn or Wilson or if anyone else is the starter might not throw for 4,000 yards, but they might not have 20 turnovers either or turn the ball over inside there own redzone, so QB play might be better in terms of game management.

Why should they base stories around facts rather then opinion that holds no weight?

The truth is the Raiders have been getting bashed by everyone in the urine stream.

Trey Wengo said Raiders were behind the fans coming out to support Woodson not the fans on NFL Live.

Rotoworld bashing the Raiders TE's :
Quote:
We can safely say that there won't be any kind of Brandon Myers emergence out of this group.

Rotoworld bashing Pryor supporters :
Quote:
The notion that Pryor might push for the Raiders' starting position -- a popular idea in some Oakland fan circles -- was nothing short of ludicrous.

Peter King going after Reggie McKenzie
Quote:
SI's Peter King believes Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie "will be in trouble" next offseason unless the team's 2013 season is "significantly brighter" than 2012.

Why some much bashing towards the Raiders?

No Bills or Jets bashing seeing they might be the top 5 worst teams in the league?

The Jags aren't getting anywhere near the bashing Oakland is taking, and now that MJD might not play in 2013 they are clear cut the worst team in the league.

Is the league trying to force Mark Davis to sell the team?

Can't wait to see who bashes the Raiders tomorrow even though no games have been played what so ever stay tuned.

Last edited by ch8878 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing. Excluding Wingo, your examples didn't really seem that biased or even that wrong, as I see it. Now, there's an argument going on about Reggie's job security in the other thread and we'll leave that alone for now. I don't necessarily agree with Williamson's grade but his explanation seems sound. DL is still a weakness. We are still missing a pass rush unless proven otherwise.

Beyond just those examples, I would say that since Reggie took over, the Raiders have actually gotten much better press than in previous years with Al in charge. There are always going to be those that don't like the Raiders and let it show (Silver), but I haven't seen as much of it lately.

Quote:
Is the league trying to force Mark Davis to sell the team?

Do you know where I can get some good tin-foil hats, by any chance?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
Here's the thing. Excluding Wingo, your examples didn't really seem that biased or even that wrong, as I see it. Now, there's an argument going on about Reggie's job security in the other thread and we'll leave that alone for now. I don't necessarily agree with Williamson's grade but his explanation seems sound. DL is still a weakness. We are still missing a pass rush unless proven otherwise.

Beyond just those examples, I would say that since Reggie took over, the Raiders have actually gotten much better press than in previous years with Al in charge. There are always going to be those that don't like the Raiders and let it show (Silver), but I haven't seen as much of it lately.

There is million's of more Raiders bashing all over the internet I just used the most recent instead of digging through out bing / google.

DL is way better did you not watch any games last season ?

So you also believe the Raiders had the worst offseason why because the amount of money spent?

Quote:
Do you know where I can get some good tin-foil hats, by any chance?

Why else so much bashing seeing there is 32 teams in the NFL and 3 that are down right awful not including the Raiders?

Last edited by ch8878 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is literally nothing unfair in that criticism if you go by there reasonings. Only one i think is odd is rotoworld pretending Myers is some kind of transendemt talent rather than just a good tight end.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its refreshing to see other people seeing all the garbage being pumped out bashing the Raiders.

I like this Rory anderson guy on twitter not sure who he is.

Quote:
Rory anderson ‏@holistic_pickle

@mtlraider514 @LeviDamien remember how much better it was after rolo? Now add a ton of depth

Quote:

@mtlraider514 @LeviDamien ur lb analysis js way off

Quote:

@LeviDamien he claims amount of $ spent equals better offseason. How dumb. And last years d-line was terrible. Wheres the drop off? Silly

Quote:

@kalani91 @1RaidersReport and what was so good about last years line? It was terrible! Just no names this year

Quote:

I find it funny when people say how terrible the #raider d-line is and how its worse than last yr. What was so special about last yrs?

Quote:

@957thegame @SI_PeterKing hes only two years late and every raider fan already knew but why not! You never do anything positive 4 raiders

Quote:

@1RaidersReport by williamsons admission the amount of money a team spends equals a better grade. How stupid.

Quote:

@SI_JimTrotter @RaidersBeat trotter did nothimg wrong. Great article very fair. Mark has daddy issues and other writers pumping angles

Quote:
Raider Nation News ‏@YourAutumnWind

@holistic_pickle LOL, Doesn't it seem that there are more creative articles crafted this offseason than ever before?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
There is literally nothing unfair in that criticism if you go by there reasonings. Only one i think is odd is rotoworld pretending Myers is some kind of transendemt talent rather than just a good tight end.

I didn't include all the articles about how the Raiders are the worst at every single position.

Sorry I just don't believe the Raiders had the worst offseason guess I'm crazy for looking at things in a positive light. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um this isnt anything new. raiders have always and will always be the outcasts of the nfl.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
There is million's of more Raiders bashing all over the internet I just used the most recent instead of digging through out bing / google.

DL is way better did you not watch any games last season ?

Yes, did you see the team finish 31st in total sacks? Did you see them lose their top 3 DTs? What, in your view, is the weakness of the team? Because from where I'm sitting its on the defensive line.

ch8878 wrote:
So you also believe the Raiders had the worst offseason why because the amount of money spent?

Jamethus92 wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with Williamson's grade

Quote:
Why else so much bashing seeing there is 32 teams in the NFL and 3 that are down right awful not including the Raiders?

BECAUSE WE ARE THE RAIDERS.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
Yes, did you see the team finish 31st in total sacks? Did you see them lose their top 3 DTs? What, in your view, is the weakness of the team? Because from where I'm sitting its on the defensive line.

The sacks part its impossible to disagree with you on that, DT's on the other hand I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict how they will play, but the DT's last year couldn't stop the run, and couldn't create any pressure up the middle so this years group can be better or can be as bad, hopefully not as bad fingers crossed.

Added the part about how the Raiders are the worst at just about every position according to NFL.com.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't much there that isn't a cold, hard truth. No games have been played, so teams are graded on paper. Last I checked, however, games weren't won on paper.

I can think of a bunch of things I care about more than the writings of "analysts" in May and June, and it's been awhile since I've riffed. So, I present to you, "things I care more about than the space filling ramblings of people who get paid more than me to be critical":

Summer Olympics
Winter Olympics
Fat free ice cream
People whom criticize movies with the phrase "it's not like that in the books"
Any and all politics
Spoilers on front wheel drive cars and
that red thing that comes out of a dog's bird

All things I care about more than article space filler in May.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone in the media will have the Raiders picking #1 in the draft. Hopefully we can prove them wrong, we'll see.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem ch8878 is your a giant homer and hate to hear the reality of the Raiders.

There is nothing there that isn't arguable or accurate. The Raiders roster is bad. They have some potential, but on paper as we are talking about, they are bad.

The Raiders are a bottom 3-5 talented team in the NFL. They are in full rebuild and are going to have trouble finding a lot of success this season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the media objective when they talk Raiders? No not really. Is it annoying? Heck yes it is. And it's every thing, we fire our PR person, we are drafting 1 over because of it. Hayden goes under the knife again, well he's a bust and Reggie is getting fired next year. McClain is all about himself,Seymour gets old, our corners are made of glass, and Kelly still doesn't know about gap control, well then Dennis Allen is the worst head coach in the NFL because he couldn't get these guys to play at an elite level.

And people wonder why there's always chicken little threads.

Now understand this, I have no illusions about my team. I don't expect playoffs, heck I don't even expect a winning season, but I do expect us to be competitive and better than we were a year ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
The problem ch8878 is your a giant homer and hate to hear the reality of the Raiders.

There is nothing there that isn't arguable or accurate. The Raiders roster is bad. They have some potential, but on paper as we are talking about, they are bad.

The Raiders are a bottom 3-5 talented team in the NFL. They are in full rebuild and are going to have trouble finding a lot of success this season.

This.

Also why are people mad that they talk about us so much. It's quite simple, reporters and writers talk about stuff, people want to read and hear. Raiders have a huge following of fans, and haters. We are a relevant topic. Nobody wants to read or hear about jags or bills bucs or plenty of other teams. Now when we are actually good again, we will get love. I mean do you guys remember how much we was talked about in 2001 and 2002. We was praised big time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: