Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JaMarcus Russell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: JaMarcus Russell Reply with quote

Hows it goin chaps, things are quiet round here. Just hear that baltimore are one of 3 teams interested in JaMarcus Russell.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22351790/source-jamarcus-russell-could-get-workouts-with-at-least-three-teams

what do you guys think??
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we'd definitely have the strongest combination of QB arm strength in Madden history with such a move.

I think Russell and Upshaw could both join a celebrity weight loss reality TV show with how they both like to grub.

Beyond that... I've got nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree i dont see any QB intelligence in Russell, ye big arm but makes stupid decisions.

on another note i also read baltimore are considering Daryl Smith formally of the Jags
nevermore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For funsies: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287798&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
mcdni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
For funsies: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287798&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

lmao at the 96 losers who voted for Russell.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

Have that thread favorited.

Russell would be interesting. Flacco is so good at staying healthy so backup QB is not as pressing for us as some other teams like Pittsburgh or Washington. But it would be an interesting pickup either way.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least now we know that if McKinnie doesn't pan out at LT, we can just put JaMarcus there.

Gosh I just feel bad for Joe and Tyrod. QB dinners are going to be DOMINATED by JaMarcus if we sign him. RIP Flacco going for seconds.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only possible reason I can see for it is if the Ravens wanted a backup who could mimic Joe's skill set, given that the offense is really based around what Joe can do. Vertical passing game, effective running of the ball (though Caldwell has talked about getting the short passing game working better too).

Russell would be a better fit for such a system than Tyrod Taylor, just because he has that big arm. But still... I don't think he's the only backup calibre guy the Ravens could sign who can throw the ball a long way.

They might be better just putting a Jugs machine on the field instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. He has the physical tools and it looks like he is trying to turn his life around. Give him a tryout to show what he can do and sign him if he's good enough. I agree that Tyrod doesn't really look like a long term solution at backup. He's still a guy who looks to just run rather than going through his progressions. TBH I think he'll be out of the league in a couple of years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: