Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is happening with the Rams Stadium Talks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: What is happening with the Rams Stadium Talks? Reply with quote

What is happening with the Rams Stadium Talks? I haven't heard much in this front in a while. Are talks still going on. I feel like we are going to have the worst Stadium in the NFL after the 49ers, Vikings, and Falcons get there new stadiums. Jeez what is going on right now in this front? The Vikings stadium looks beautiful! I don't like the Falcons stadium it looks strange.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been no news lately. The last thing that happened was the Rams won the arbitration process, which give Kroenke all the power. So either the CVC has to bend to his desires for the Stadium Renovations or let him leave. I will lay out to you what I think is in the works from people I have talked to with some of these parties (the CVC, StL Sports Commission, people who are familiar with Kronke's business practices, etc.) and remember this is just my opinion based upon information I have gathered.

Kroenke knows that he is missing out on alot of things having the Rams in the Dome. Not having a state of the ate Stadium means no chance at a Super Bowl, behind the 8 ball on things like the Final Four, and not to mention all the other events that like to use huge stadiums (Concerts, Soccer Events, WresstleMania,etc.) All things that are huge money making ventures outside of the 10+ NFL Games per season. Also the only way he can cash in on those things would be to Own the Stadium himself, not by leasing a space from the City. So all these plans they put out there were a bit lavish & extravagant, but not so absurd that a NFL team promised amenities in the Top 1/4 of the league. The entire time he knew that he would win the arbitration process, because its in the contract that he is supposed to have these things, that the city dumbly promised the franchise then never actually did anything to the Dome. So this whole arbitration thing was a feeling out process for Kroenke, to see what type of package/deal he has to give to the city to keep all the big players happy but also move the team to his own stadium.

As far as where the new Stadium will go, the 3 main spots have been pointed out for awhile now; The Bottle District downtown, north of the Dome. The old Chrysler Plant land in Fenton/Valley Park. Or taking it out to Earth City near the current practice facility or on the Verizon Amphitheater land. And while all the "big players" in St Louis (and by that I mostly mean the talking heads) want it to stay downtown in the Bottle District, but that is likely last on the list of places to put the new Stadium, and its because of one very important thing. Because after getting his state of the art stadium that can become a destination spot, the next thing on the list to have is Parking, and parking that he himself can own. Because that is a source of revenue directly into his pocket, and their is no real overhead costs or upkeep needed for it. That is the biggest reason to have it, but a secondary reason is to create that Football Culter here in St Louis, to make the Rams a Sunday Event for atleast 8 weeks out of the year. If you have ever been to the other great sports complexes across the country like Kansas City or Philadelphia you know that its one big party. That people come out to Tailgate just to be part of it, people that dont even have a ticket or any plans to try and get one show up just to be part of it. If you know people from KC, they go Tailgate concerts in Arrowhead like they were a football game. If the Royals werent awful they would probably do more of those games too. So parking, thats why Chrysler Plant or Earth City are the most likely destinations.

Personally I think the old Chrysler Plant is where they are eyeing, as its a much more convenient spot than Earth City. Just west of the I-44/I-270 interchange the Stadium would be 10-15 min from just about every other part of St. Louis, Getting more people down there, and spending more time there. Obviously to handle the traffic spikes, the Highway & Exits would need to be redone, but thats not a big deal. I also think The Chrysler Plant spot provides another thing that Kroenke would love to do, and thats bring St. Louis the Major League Soccer team that it has deserved for the past decade. So you have a full sports complex, the Football stadium on one side, and the 20,000 seat soccer stadium on the other that has a full soccer complex and replaces Soccer Park that is already out there.

When you have all those things in one complex you can be hosting events year round, (NFL games, College football, Highschool Football, MLS team, State Soccer playoffs, Laccrosse, Concerts, etc.) which allows you to build Hotels out there as well as develop other things around it (restaurants, stores, etc.) It would be quite the financial boon to St. Louis County, which is why it is going to take some dealing with the actual big players in St. Louis City, but St. Louis as a whole cant let another NFL Team go because after 2 chances we will never get another shot, especially with all these other cities that want them, plus the international expansion that the NFL wants (not so much the international cities tho) so they are going to let Kronke have his run of the Castle as long as he keeps the team in St. Louis.
mcfly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, didn't one of Kroenke's companies just close in on a deal to purchase the old union station? I know a lot of people have speculated that that would be the landing spot for a new MLS stadium. It makes sense that he would want to keep his NFL venue downtown as well. The arch as a backdrop definitely isn't an eyesore. I'd love to keep the stadium downtown but I also don't know enough about the city of St. Louis to know if it would work with parking etc. But as far as the stadium itself, I don't know if theres been any new updates.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chelsea soccer game was crazy downtown. We have a lot of soccer fans. We should make a stadium right across from the river in Illinois were you could see the arch. Make it outdoors and have a tailgating heaven and have the arch overlook it. We can then have an MLS team move here and play in the stadium as well due to all the soccer fans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
There has been no news lately. The last thing that happened was the Rams won the arbitration process, which give Kroenke all the power. So either the CVC has to bend to his desires for the Stadium Renovations or let him leave. I will lay out to you what I think is in the works from people I have talked to with some of these parties (the CVC, StL Sports Commission, people who are familiar with Kronke's business practices, etc.) and remember this is just my opinion based upon information I have gathered.

Kroenke knows that he is missing out on alot of things having the Rams in the Dome. Not having a state of the ate Stadium means no chance at a Super Bowl, behind the 8 ball on things like the Final Four, and not to mention all the other events that like to use huge stadiums (Concerts, Soccer Events, WresstleMania,etc.) All things that are huge money making ventures outside of the 10+ NFL Games per season. Also the only way he can cash in on those things would be to Own the Stadium himself, not by leasing a space from the City. So all these plans they put out there were a bit lavish & extravagant, but not so absurd that a NFL team promised amenities in the Top 1/4 of the league. The entire time he knew that he would win the arbitration process, because its in the contract that he is supposed to have these things, that the city dumbly promised the franchise then never actually did anything to the Dome. So this whole arbitration thing was a feeling out process for Kroenke, to see what type of package/deal he has to give to the city to keep all the big players happy but also move the team to his own stadium.

As far as where the new Stadium will go, the 3 main spots have been pointed out for awhile now; The Bottle District downtown, north of the Dome. The old Chrysler Plant land in Fenton/Valley Park. Or taking it out to Earth City near the current practice facility or on the Verizon Amphitheater land. And while all the "big players" in St Louis (and by that I mostly mean the talking heads) want it to stay downtown in the Bottle District, but that is likely last on the list of places to put the new Stadium, and its because of one very important thing. Because after getting his state of the art stadium that can become a destination spot, the next thing on the list to have is Parking, and parking that he himself can own. Because that is a source of revenue directly into his pocket, and their is no real overhead costs or upkeep needed for it. That is the biggest reason to have it, but a secondary reason is to create that Football Culter here in St Louis, to make the Rams a Sunday Event for atleast 8 weeks out of the year. If you have ever been to the other great sports complexes across the country like Kansas City or Philadelphia you know that its one big party. That people come out to Tailgate just to be part of it, people that dont even have a ticket or any plans to try and get one show up just to be part of it. If you know people from KC, they go Tailgate concerts in Arrowhead like they were a football game. If the Royals werent awful they would probably do more of those games too. So parking, thats why Chrysler Plant or Earth City are the most likely destinations.

Personally I think the old Chrysler Plant is where they are eyeing, as its a much more convenient spot than Earth City. Just west of the I-44/I-270 interchange the Stadium would be 10-15 min from just about every other part of St. Louis, Getting more people down there, and spending more time there. Obviously to handle the traffic spikes, the Highway & Exits would need to be redone, but thats not a big deal. I also think The Chrysler Plant spot provides another thing that Kroenke would love to do, and thats bring St. Louis the Major League Soccer team that it has deserved for the past decade. So you have a full sports complex, the Football stadium on one side, and the 20,000 seat soccer stadium on the other that has a full soccer complex and replaces Soccer Park that is already out there.

When you have all those things in one complex you can be hosting events year round, (NFL games, College football, Highschool Football, MLS team, State Soccer playoffs, Laccrosse, Concerts, etc.) which allows you to build Hotels out there as well as develop other things around it (restaurants, stores, etc.) It would be quite the financial boon to St. Louis County, which is why it is going to take some dealing with the actual big players in St. Louis City, but St. Louis as a whole cant let another NFL Team go because after 2 chances we will never get another shot, especially with all these other cities that want them, plus the international expansion that the NFL wants (not so much the international cities tho) so they are going to let Kronke have his run of the Castle as long as he keeps the team in St. Louis.

Very informative response. I personally would rather have it some where downtown. After the game I usually like to mingle around the bars and stuff downtown with the bros and I really like the atmosphere down there with the arch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Very informative response. I personally would rather have it some where downtown. After the game I usually like to mingle around the bars and stuff downtown with the bros and I really like the atmosphere down there with the arch.

Don't worry if Kroenke gets his way there will be bars and more around a new stadium not downtown. That's what he wants it to be a new area where you can go to do everything. And he will have his hand in it all making not only himself but the area money.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Don't worry if Kroenke gets his way there will be bars and more around a new stadium not downtown. That's what he wants it to be a new area where you can go to do everything. And he will have his hand in it all making not only himself but the area money.
Exactly, and to be honenst 4eva you are the rare exception to the current Ram fan. Games do not drive very much downtown business at all. Most people going to the dome are heading home directly after the game or they wait a little while back at their cars in the parking lots for the traffic to die down. Very few are actually walking down to the Landing or to Wash Ave to continue the outing. But for the ones who do want to do that, whatever area they choose, will be filled up with the hotels & restaurant/bars for people to hang out at. If they do it right, it could be like a Wrigley feel, the people who come to just tailgate & party head off to the Bars while their friends who have tickets go into the game.

mcfly wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, didn't one of Kroenke's companies just close in on a deal to purchase the old union station? I know a lot of people have speculated that that would be the landing spot for a new MLS stadium. It makes sense that he would want to keep his NFL venue downtown as well. The arch as a backdrop definitely isn't an eyesore. I'd love to keep the stadium downtown but I also don't know enough about the city of St. Louis to know if it would work with parking etc. But as far as the stadium itself, I don't know if theres been any new updates.
Union Station is a city landmark, there is almost no way that the City of St. Louis would let anyone tear any part of it down. They can rehab it and make it a place to go, but no way will it be a soccer stadium on those grounds. The only mention of it is by some off brand websites that connect LHM & Kroenke together. Nowhere is there any credible source that puts a Soccer Stadium in Union Station. Right noe its more credible that they are putting in a Water Park in Union Station before a Soccer Stadium
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Exactly, and to be honenst 4eva you are the rare exception to the current Ram fan. Games do not drive very much downtown business at all. Most people going to the dome are heading home directly after the game or they wait a little while back at their cars in the parking lots for the traffic to die down. Very few are actually walking down to the Landing or to Wash Ave to continue the outing. But for the ones who do want to do that, whatever area they choose, will be filled up with the hotels & restaurant/bars for people to hang out at. If they do it right, it could be like a Wrigley feel, the people who come to just tailgate & party head off to the Bars while their friends who have tickets go into the game.

mcfly wrote:
Union Station is a city landmark, there is almost no way that the City of St. Louis would let anyone tear any part of it down. They can rehab it and make it a place to go, but no way will it be a soccer stadium on those grounds. The only mention of it is by some off brand websites that connect LHM & Kroenke together. Nowhere is there any credible source that puts a Soccer Stadium in Union Station. Right noe its more credible that they are putting in a Water Park in Union Station before a Soccer Stadium

They need to rehab Union Station it has really gone down hill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/05/4331687/edward-jones-dome-wont-get-700m.html

Title- "Edward Jones Dome Won't Get $700 Million Upgrade; Rams May Leave St. Louis"

Note: I did NOT write this article haha
D9-EM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/05/4331687/edward-jones-dome-wont-get-700m.html

Title- "Edward Jones Dome Won't Get $700 Million Upgrade; Rams May Leave St. Louis"

Note: I did NOT write this article haha

It is what it is. Nothing really has changed. No one ever thought that the people of St. Louis/Missouri were going to fork over 700 million. I still believe that Kronke wants his own stadium in STL but there's nothing to keep him from leaving. No one can tell me that he actually thought his upgrade plan was going to fly. It just got him one step closer to his goal. We just have to wait and see what that is. 2015 will be here soon enough.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, this doesn't change anything but it seems that Nixon is going to take over the negotiations.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/dome-talks-head-to-new-stage-after-rams-proposal-is/article_483935ed-ddd2-57a4-8cb6-24a1bdf37d1b.html

Quote:
Shrewsbury said Gov. Jay Nixon had asked to take the lead on this round — one nearly certain to include talk of a new stadium, rather than trying to upgrade the Dome. Area officials have already begun scouting for potential new sites.

Quote:
“If anything’s going on, it’s between Stan Kroenke and the governor,” Shrewsbury said. “This thing is still fluid.”
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
Again, this doesn't change anything but it seems that Nixon is going to take over the negotiations.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/dome-talks-head-to-new-stage-after-rams-proposal-is/article_483935ed-ddd2-57a4-8cb6-24a1bdf37d1b.html

Quote:
Shrewsbury said Gov. Jay Nixon had asked to take the lead on this round — one nearly certain to include talk of a new stadium, rather than trying to upgrade the Dome. Area officials have already begun scouting for potential new sites.

Quote:
“If anything’s going on, it’s between Stan Kroenke and the governor,” Shrewsbury said. “This thing is still fluid.”
I think Nixon being involved is actually very telling. At this point the goal is now to make sure that the team stays in the state of Missouri, and keeping them in the actual city limits of St. Louis isnt a priority. If they could make it work then sure, and St. Louis County would be preferred if he has to go out of the city. But in the end they know we cant let another Team leave the eastern side of the state.

If keeping it in the Downtown Area was really a priority, Mayor Slay would be alittle more involved & helpful and a lot less of a jerk about the whole situation.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they make another stadium please don't make a dome. Make it an outdoor stadium and lets play real tough football. Maybe we could get some snow games Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
If they make another stadium please don't make a dome. Make it an outdoor stadium and lets play real tough football. Maybe we could get some snow games Smile

I love that we play in a dome. In all honesty, theres nothing more i would love (for obvious reasons) than for the Rams to move back here, but Im just so used to them in the dome and theres no way they would play indoors here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: