Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor Has it...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTOW wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
I mean obviously Schwartz is on the hot seat this season and Brian Kelly has had success everywhere he's been.

That being said if Schwartz is fired I would like to see a proven NFL coach who's had some success in the league be the hire. No more giving guys their first break.

Cough-Bill Cowher-Cough

If only.

I don't think there's anyway he would come to Detroit.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
DTOW wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
I mean obviously Schwartz is on the hot seat this season and Brian Kelly has had success everywhere he's been.

That being said if Schwartz is fired I would like to see a proven NFL coach who's had some success in the league be the hire. No more giving guys their first break.

Cough-Bill Cowher-Cough

If only.

Me either. Gruden, maybe, but he's doing pretty well for himself in the broadcasting booth and I'm not sure he'd want to go back to the intensity of an NFL head coaching job. Not to mention that NFL coaches who retire and come back usually don't have too much success in their follow-up stints, with a few exceptions like Marty Schottenheimer or - Vermeil. But I feel like for every one of those guys there's another Art Shell, Joe Gibbs, or Bill Parcells who probably should have just stayed retired.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
DTOW wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

Cough-Bill Cowher-Cough

If only.

Me either. Gruden, maybe, but he's doing pretty well for himself in the broadcasting booth and I'm not sure he'd want to go back to the intensity of an NFL head coaching job. Not to mention that NFL coaches who retire and come back usually don't have too much success in their follow-up stints, with a few exceptions like Marty Schottenheimer or - Vermeil. But I feel like for every one of those guys there's another Art Shell, Joe Gibbs, or Bill Parcells who probably should have just stayed retired.

I can tell you from experience that when you work in a high intensity job and leave it, the intensity, long hours and dedication required are hard to get gong.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I have 0 interest in Gruden or having a roster of 53 less than average QBs.

I would like COwher if he would come here however. And I am not sure aboiut the hate for Brian Kelly. If Schwartz was to get the axe, I think we could do alot worse than giving him his first shot. Like giving Marinelli a shot....
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Personally I have 0 interest in Gruden or having a roster of 53 less than average QBs.

I would like COwher if he would come here however. And I am not sure aboiut the hate for Brian Kelly. If Schwartz was to get the axe, I think we could do alot worse than giving him his first shot. Like giving Marinelli a shot....

Oh God, that would be awesome to see the fans melt down... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
This makes the Ansah pick look even worse to me really. He is scheme specific for this staff and not really sure he how he fits beyond wide 9.

I've hated the pick ever since it's been made but I'm willing to atleast give him a chance though. He just looks like Kelimba Edwards 2.0 at 5th overall pick, imo. Hope, HOPE Lions prove me wrong but I don't think they will.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

I just want the Lions to become a respectable organization that wins more than they lose. Some playoff victories and an eventual trip to the Super Bowl would be nice.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I just want the Lions to become a respectable organization that wins more than they lose. Some playoff victories and an eventual trip to the Super Bowl would be nice.

Absolutely. I guess I got a little deeper than I needed to there. I just don't feel Gruden would/could do that.....or Marinelli Laughing
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Absolutely. I guess I got a little deeper than I needed to there. I just don't feel Gruden would/could do that.....or Marinelli Laughing

I'm not a Gruden fan either.

I don't care who they hire. I just want to see the Lions win before I'm dead.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plz no to Brian Kelly. Sad

Sig bet
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get any new coach that is available or could be available, I like Gary Kubiak. I know he is currently employed, but he could be on the hot seat. I think Reggie Bush behind that OL Scheme could be dangerous.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
thenoilif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
If we get any new coach that is available or could be available, I like Gary Kubiak. I know he is currently employed, but he could be on the hot seat. I think Reggie Bush behind that OL Scheme could be dangerous.

Kubiak would not be a good choice. He had some amazing talent in Houston and wasnt able to make it over the hump, basically a poor mans norv turner.
This team needs to get away from all of these player's coach type guys and get a x's and o's guy.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wouldn't be upset with Jack Del Rio. He had pretty good season's in Jacksonville when both the Titans, and Colts were good, and when the Patriots/Steelers were good. Not sure he's the greatest at development, especially at QB, But he was overall a solid coach who got his players ready and is position to make plays and win games, wasn't always pretty though which I think turns a lot of fans/people off.

As far Schwartz on the hotseat... Good, at least the rumors are starting now. He's looked below average on a NFL level for a Head Coach. If he's fired, it'll be interesting to see if that saves Mayhew's job(likely will/should for a year or two.)
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenoilif wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Kubiak would not be a good choice. He had some amazing talent in Houston and wasnt able to make it over the hump, basically a poor mans norv turner.
This team needs to get away from all of these player's coach type guys and get a x's and o's guy.
If the Texans actually had a franchise QB they would have won the SB multiple times, so really it wasn't just the talent that led to wins in Houston.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want a coaching staff and front office that works.

I'm on the fence about Schwartz. I would hate the signing of Kelly but I think it could be worse. Coaches can only work with what they have.

The Lions might need an entire overhaul. New FO and new coaching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: