Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How good will we be if McFadden gets 1500 yards, Flynn 30tds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Should have been done last season. Its a shame we never saw Palmer and McFadden play together in a PBS, vertical attacking offense. Instead we got Knapp time.

It's possible this season if Flynn proves to be a good QB and Olsen a good OC. Doubtful though.

True.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a QB throw for 4000 yards last year. Yardage isn't everything--he was bad. And honestly 3000 yards is average in today's league. 30 TDs is nice though, and won't happen with this WR core.

If McFadden would ever stay healthy for 16 games (and he is more likely than ever due to his contract year) in a PBS he should get around 1500 yards.

Our offense would be good enough for playoffs assuming turnovers aren't high. Defense would still be a question mark.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
If McFadden would ever stay healthy for 16 games (and he is more likely than ever due to his contract year) in a PBS he should get around 1500 yards.

I wasn't aware that playing in a contract year has an impact on whether or not you get injured... Eh?

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I wasn't aware that playing in a contract year has an impact on whether or not you get injured... Eh?

common sense says no it doesnt. however I get what he is saying. For some reason player in contract years usually stay healthy and usually play well.

Although in McFadden's case I am pretty sure most of his injuries could not be played through. Just my imo though.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

common sense says no it doesnt. however I get what he is saying. For some reason player in contract years usually stay healthy and usually play well.

Although in McFadden's case I am pretty sure most of his injuries could not be played through. Just my imo though.

I can understand saying players may be more inclined to tough it out and play through some injuries in a contract year, but he said "stay healthy", which has nothing to do with money or contracts.

La_Vader wrote:
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I can understand saying players may be more inclined to tough it out and play through some injuries in a contract year, but he said "stay healthy", which has nothing to do with money or contracts.

Surprised I have to explain this, but historically players somehow muster up the strength to play at a high level through any circumstances (including injury) when their next contract depends on it. Once they tough it out and get their contract they can go back to sitting out through injury, major or minor. It absolutely has to do with money. You can be able to play through injuries when livelyhood counts on it. A sprained foot feels just fine when millions depend on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A QB that throws for 30 TDs and A RB that runs for 1500 yards, we'd be competing for a playoff spot.

Reggie is called a genius, DA contends for coach of the year and we're all high fiving saying we called it all along.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Surprised I have to explain this, but historically players somehow muster up the strength to play at a high level through any circumstances (including injury) when their next contract depends on it. Once they tough it out and get their contract they can go back to sitting out through injury, major or minor. It absolutely has to do with money. You can be able to play through injuries when livelyhood counts on it. A sprained foot feels just fine when millions depend on it.

Surprised I have to explain this even though I already wrote it above: you did not say "if McFadden can tough it out" or "if he can play through injuries", you said "if McFadden can stay healthy". Those are two different things. Yes, players may tough it out when a big payday could be on the line, but the richest contract in the league won't keep a player healthy. Healthy and playing through injuries are not synonymous.

La_Vader wrote:
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Surprised I have to explain this even though I already wrote it above: you did not say "if McFadden can tough it out" or "if he can play through injuries", you said "if McFadden can stay healthy". Those are two different things.

Well I'm not talking about catching STDs or getting a few cavities here Dr Zoom. In football terms health means getting on the field on gameday without hampering success.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Surprised I have to explain this even though I already wrote it above: you did not say "if McFadden can tough it out" or "if he can play through injuries", you said "if McFadden can stay healthy". Those are two different things.

Well I'm not talking about catching STDs or getting a few cavities here Dr Zoom. In football terms health means getting on the field on gameday without hampering success.

No it does not. Even a small injury, when played through, will still most likely "hamper" a player's success in some way. A strained hammy will limit your speed, turf toe will limit your running and stop-and-go ability, concussions can effect your mind, broken or sprained fingers will limit your catching ability, a hurt shoulder affects throwing motion... see where this is going? If you consider Healthy to mean not hampered, then nobody is healthy unless they have no injuries. Again, playing through injury is not the same as staying healthy. Youcan control playing through injury to a certain extent, but you have almost no control over whether or not you get injured.

La_Vader wrote:
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

No it does not. Even a small injury, when played through, will still most likely "hamper" a player's success in some way. A strained hammy will limit your speed, turf toe will limit your running and stop-and-go ability, concussions can effect your mind, broken or sprained fingers will limit your catching ability, a hurt shoulder affects throwing motion... see where this is going? If you consider Healthy to mean not hampered, then nobody is healthy unless they have no injuries. Again, playing through injury is not the same as staying healthy. Youcan control playing through injury to a certain extent, but you have almost no control over whether or not you get injured.

You know AP played with a sports hernia last year right? Looked fine to me. Go ahead and argue that he was hampered. You can play through it at a high level or you can ride the pine. Ya know who plays through it? Guys like AP and guys who are in a contract year. Being on an injury report doesn't have anything to do with health. If you're healthy enough to play at a high level, you're healthy--injured or not.

If you haven't realized guys tend to be OK when it comes to injuries in a contract year then you just aren't paying attention. There's something to that........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

You know AP played with a sports hernia last year right? Looked fine to me. Go ahead and argue that he was hampered. You can play through it at a high level or you can ride the pine. Ya know who plays through it? Guys like AP and guys who are in a contract year. Being on an injury report doesn't have anything to do with health. If you're healthy enough to play at a high level, you're healthy--injured or not.

If you haven't realized guys tend to be OK when it comes to injuries in a contract year then you just aren't paying attention. There's something to that........

Dude, I said an injury will hamper a player in some way. I never said it would turn a guy like AP into an Average Joe. Yes, AP looked fine, but I would be willing to bet that if he did not have a hernia he would have been even better... in other words, he was hampered. Hampered does not mean you suck, it means you are unable to perform at the highest level you are capable of. Look who you are talking about- AP had like the quickest, most successful recovery from ACL surgery anyone has ever had. He is a freak. AP at 80% is still better than most RBs that have ever played. Most guys can't play though hernias and perform near their peak ability like that.

Again, I never denied that guys in contract years play through injuries, all I said is that money has no bearing on HEALTH.

justwinbaby81 wrote:
If you're healthy enough to play at a high level, you're healthy--injured or not.

If you want to make up your own definitions then that is fine I guess, but if you are injured then you are not at full strength. Last year you couldnt read an article about Calvin Johnson without hearing something about him not being healthy. He still had a supreme year, but that doesnt mean he was healthy. It means the dude is a monster who is just that good even when he isnt 100%. The league is not filled with AP's and Megatrons, most good players will not be able to perform that well if they have a bunch of injuries. There is a reason those are pretty much the only two names you hear people raving about when it comes to performing that well while having serious injuries- because they are the absolute best at their positions and are pretty much the only guys who can play better than anyone even when injured. AP and Calvin would have been even better had they not been injured, meaning they were limited. Sure, their "limited" is still better than most players at 100%, but it doesnt change the fact that their conditions hampered them and they would have been even better if they were healthy.

Now that this discussion has gotten ridiculously off track, I will reiterate my original point: McFadden's contract situation will not keep him healthy. It may push him to play through injuries, but it will not prevent him from getting injured, nor will it make him healthier.

La_Vader wrote:
RODRIGUEZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on the DEFENSE my friends...
nickdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff George and Napoleon Kaufman accomplished nearly those numbers in '97, and the result was a 4-12 season.

Someone already mentioned it, and I will echo it: defense.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are arguing over semantics. . . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: