Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodell: We May Potentially Ask Jags to Play 2 Games in Lond
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So we have 6 homes games...great
Reading the thread would be a good idea. There's only 6 posts.

I know, i still think it is dumb to send us over there. i highly doubt people in london care about the jags
And and almost no one out of Jacksonville ever will unless we put forth an effort to make ourselves accessible to them. It's a fantastic business decision. I'm not sure how anyone would be against us playing games to build the brand in front of a crowd that is eventually going to become more accustomed to us and therefore more likely to support us during what likely will be an away game every year. An away game in front of a group that will become increasingly warm towards the Jaguars, that will bring in a lot of revenue? What's not to like?

I'm just thinking in terms of wins, we stand a better chance to win when we actually play in Jacksonville
And playing an away game there increases our chances?

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So we have 6 homes games...great
Reading the thread would be a good idea. There's only 6 posts.

I know, i still think it is dumb to send us over there. i highly doubt people in london care about the jags
And and almost no one out of Jacksonville ever will unless we put forth an effort to make ourselves accessible to them. It's a fantastic business decision. I'm not sure how anyone would be against us playing games to build the brand in front of a crowd that is eventually going to become more accustomed to us and therefore more likely to support us during what likely will be an away game every year. An away game in front of a group that will become increasingly warm towards the Jaguars, that will bring in a lot of revenue? What's not to like?

I'm just thinking in terms of wins, we stand a better chance to win when we actually play in Jacksonville
And playing an away game there increases our chances?

I think so, better than playing at another team's backyard

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen a mainstream journalist discredit themselves as quickly and thouroughly as Hubbuch has. I know he works for the NYP, but still this has been incredible.

#JagsOnly
dswinton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's terrible to play 2 home games over there. Any coach will tell you how bad that flight and different time zone affects the players play. I wonder why they didn't ask Giants,Packers or Patriots to play twice over there .

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
That's terrible to play 2 home games over there. Any coach will tell you how bad that flight and different time zone affects the players play. I wonder why they didn't ask Giants,Packers or Patriots to play twice over there .
They haven't asked anyone to play over there, and even if they are asking us, it hasn't been specified if it was two home games or a home + an away.

If they go to three games, they will likely ask us to potentially play two games there. They would be asking because we are the only team signed up for multiple games now, so why wouldn't they ask if we wanted to play over there more? It's completely logical and doesn't mean that we would have to accept.

And if we were to play there twice, we would likely travel there, play two games over there, and then have our bye week. It's not the problem it's being made out to be.

#JagsOnly
dswinton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its terrible for any team to play over there,especially ours. I could see if we a consistent playoff team than I guess but we in our first year of rebuilding why go across the world to get slaughter. We should focus on getting better before we do all that. I understand Khan wants us to be globally known but its highly unlikely that people are going to fly from London to Jax to see the Jags play.

iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about getting people in Europe to buy tickets for games in Jacksonville, it's about our number of fans growing, both in Jacksonville, within the state, within the US and globally. This team is dead last in value right now among NFL teams, and if the team is to build a sustainable brand that will stay in Jacksonville, it must expand from a business front. This isn't debateable, if the team cannot make money, no matter how much Shad wants to keep the team in Jacksonville, he will be forced to move the team for financial reasons. Playing in London presents an incredible opportunity to increase revenue, both from the sale of tickets and merchendise during the game we have across the pond as well as every day moving forward from the exposure that the experience brings the team.

#JagsOnly

Last edited by iPwn on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
dswinton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say for example we lose a home game, is the revenue really that much to gain over a home game. Let's say the game is sold out 90,000 tickets you got to evenly split that in half with the other team right, not to mention a cut for the NFL and there's a cut for London with stadium and all that stuff. You want increase your income increase your wins. Am I shocked that the leagues worst team has the worst income, no that's in any sport. What I get out of this that the only one who benefit out this is the NFL not the Jags. The NFL get to expand like it wants just at our expense. No NFL team and it's right mind would play two London games , teams don't even want to play one, that's how we got one this season because everyone was backing out of it.

iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Let's say for example we lose a home game, is the revenue really that much to gain over a home game. Let's say the game is sold out 90,000 tickets you got to evenly split that in half with the other team right, not to mention a cut for the NFL and there's a cut for London with stadium and all that stuff. You want increase your income increase your wins. Am I shocked that the leagues worst team has the worst income, no that's in any sport. What I get out of this that the only one who benefit out this is the NFL not the Jags. The NFL get to expand like it wants just at our expense. No NFL team and it's right mind would play two London games , teams don't even want to play one, that's how we got one this season because everyone was backing out of it.
We were dead last in the middle 2000's too, when we were consistently competing for a playoff spot. We've been dead last for a long time. And probably for the majority of our history have been at or near the bottom of the league in revenue. It has absolutely nothing to do with how many wins we have, nor does attendance have to do with it.

If you don't think this greatly benefits the Jaguars, you aren't looking at the economic impact of the expansion of the brand. This is huge for the team and will play dividends for decades.

#JagsOnly
dswinton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you pull that up and show me that we were dead last.

iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Can you pull that up and show me that we were dead last.
http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

#JagsOnly
dswinton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this only for 2012?

iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Is this only for 2012?
Values are total values of NFL teams, which is the most important thing. The earnings numbers are only for 2012.

#JagsOnly
dswinton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we are the least valued team, but during that playoff run did we finish last in those years in earnings?

iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
I know we are the least valued team, but during that playoff run did we finish last in those years in earnings?
Late 90's, I'm not sure, but for a good portion of the 2000's, we were either last or one of the bottom group. Forbes tracks them every year and updates their page every time the new data gets collected, every time I've seen the update (the past several years), we've been at the bottom, and data I've found before while researching the subject suggested that the issues went back further too. I'm trying to find it too for an article I'm writing about London, but I'm having trouble locating it.

A combination of Jacksonville being a growing city with lots of Jaguar generation aged people, the fact that we are a small market, being an expansion team and poor decisions by some on the business side led to this, and the only way to get out of it is going to be Khan, Lamping and company doing a lot to build up a brand that was never really built up. London is going to be a big part of that, great marketing that give exposure to the team as a whole and even things like Hard Knocks (which we tried to get last year) are going to be the driving factors in that.

#JagsOnly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: