Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs 3: Injuries [Ridley, Ballard], Hernandez runs routes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41173
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: OTAs 3: Injuries [Ridley, Ballard], Hernandez runs routes Reply with quote

Quote:
Svitek returned to practice. Gronkowski, Spikes, Edelman, McDonald. Bolden remained absent.


Quote:
Stevan Ridley (right hamstring) and Jake Ballard (left ankle) also suffered injuries and didn't finish practice.


Quote:
Dennard's injury didn't look good. Ridley and Ballard remained on the field to watch practice.


Quote:
Jake Ballard comes down awkwardly on left leg/ankle and watches rest of session. And Stevan Ridley pulls up holding right hamstring.


Quote:
Lot of time spent on 3-WR package in this practice. Michael Jenkins/Kamar Aiken the top WR pairing on outside. Danny Amendola in slot.


Quote:
One lesser-known player who catches the eye: Rookie TE Zach Sudfeld. Seems to take advantage of reps with top TEs out. Private work w/ Brady


Quote:
not a really crisp day in the passing game - Gregory gets INT off Brady on tipped ball by Jenkins...Kafka may not have completed a pass


Quote:
Aaron Hernandez ran some late routes to catch some Tom Brady passes, so there's some positive injury news.


Quote:
Kafka and Hernandez working together as practice wraps up.


Quote:
Two more pass breakups for CB Ras-I Dowling, who seems to have had a strong string of OTAs.


***Update***
Quote:
Ridley, who appeared to tweak a hamstring in OTA's Tuesday, said his health is "perfect." Said, "We're just working on push-ups [with kids]"


http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342321960908369920

Quote:
Ridley did look fine. Was running around with kids at the Play 60 event.


http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342322264722784256
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12584
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.


I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12584
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:
Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.


I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.

The best part is, when they signed him, I actually knew who he was, since he played at UNR. If he can make plays with that stiff Cody Fajardo throwing the ball in the Mountain West, he can make some plays at the NFL level with Brady doing the distributing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:
Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.


I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.

The best part is, when they signed him, I actually knew who he was, since he played at UNR. If he can make plays with that stiff Cody Fajardo throwing the ball in the Mountain West, he can make some plays at the NFL level with Brady doing the distributing.


I got the chance to interview him - he's a smart guy, too. Won a student-athlete award up there. He should have been drafted, even in the fifth round or so. He's a great athlete.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 4156
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear that Hernandez is healing up.

Training camp injuries always suck - but the fact both Ballard and Ridley stayed to watch rather than going straight to physios or for scans etc implies they are just tweaks and sitting out was precautionary.

The Dennard thing is not good. He really needs to be healthy. Whilst Talib, Dowling, Arrington, Ryan isn't necessarily bad it's one injury away from being terrifying.
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!


Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 53 Yards: 734 TDs: 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9300
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:
Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.


I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.


Was he the TE you were talking about on twitter?
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28841
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:
Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.


I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.


Was he the TE you were talking about on twitter?


Yeah.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41173
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Ridley, who appeared to tweak a hamstring in OTA's Tuesday, said his health is "perfect." Said, "We're just working on push-ups [with kids]"


http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342321960908369920

Quote:
Ridley did look fine. Was running around with kids at the Play 60 event.


http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342322264722784256
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15775
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy football question. Didn't want to start a new topic. What are the odds that Aaron Dobson is your starting WR on the outside this year? I expect anyone starting in that offense to put up good numbers. However he's not being ranked as highly as you'd think as a fantasy player. Thoughts?

Also, I think Veeren is due to put up big numbers. He flashed late last season and he'll also pick up the snaps that Woodhead would have had.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli


Last edited by Gmen on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 25214
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Fantasy football question. Didn't want to start a new topic. What are the odds that Aaron Dobson is your starting WR on the outside this year? I expect anyone starting in that offense to put up good numbers. However he's not being ranked as highly as you'd think as a fantasy player. Thoughts?


Opening day starter? I'd say 50/50. By the end of the year? I'd say 70/30.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12584
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Fantasy football question. Didn't want to start a new topic. What are the odds that Aaron Dobson is your starting WR on the outside this year? I expect anyone starting in that offense to put up good numbers. However he's not being ranked as highly as you'd think as a fantasy player. Thoughts?


Opening day starter? I'd say 50/50. By the end of the year? I'd say 70/30.

I agree with the opening day assessment, but I'm so high on him, that barring injury, I'd put the end of the year odds at 90/10. I really, really think they got it right this time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group