Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs 3: Injuries [Ridley, Ballard], Hernandez runs routes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: OTAs 3: Injuries [Ridley, Ballard], Hernandez runs routes Reply with quote

Quote:
Svitek returned to practice. Gronkowski, Spikes, Edelman, McDonald. Bolden remained absent.

Quote:
Stevan Ridley (right hamstring) and Jake Ballard (left ankle) also suffered injuries and didn't finish practice.

Quote:
Dennard's injury didn't look good. Ridley and Ballard remained on the field to watch practice.

Quote:
Jake Ballard comes down awkwardly on left leg/ankle and watches rest of session. And Stevan Ridley pulls up holding right hamstring.

Quote:
Lot of time spent on 3-WR package in this practice. Michael Jenkins/Kamar Aiken the top WR pairing on outside. Danny Amendola in slot.

Quote:
One lesser-known player who catches the eye: Rookie TE Zach Sudfeld. Seems to take advantage of reps with top TEs out. Private work w/ Brady

Quote:
not a really crisp day in the passing game - Gregory gets INT off Brady on tipped ball by Jenkins...Kafka may not have completed a pass

Quote:
Aaron Hernandez ran some late routes to catch some Tom Brady passes, so there's some positive injury news.

Quote:
Kafka and Hernandez working together as practice wraps up.

Quote:
Two more pass breakups for CB Ras-I Dowling, who seems to have had a strong string of OTAs.

***Update***
Quote:
Ridley, who appeared to tweak a hamstring in OTA's Tuesday, said his health is "perfect." Said, "We're just working on push-ups [with kids]"

http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342321960908369920

Quote:
Ridley did look fine. Was running around with kids at the Play 60 event.

http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342322264722784256
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Good to hear about Sudfeld. He should make the squad if he continues to show well, he has NFL talent and is their best option as far as physically replicating what Gronkowski can do in the passing game.

I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

I'm on the same boat as you. Sudfeld is a great athlete, he can block, and he fits what the Patriots want out of their TEs. I definitely think he should make this team.

The best part is, when they signed him, I actually knew who he was, since he played at UNR. If he can make plays with that stiff Cody Fajardo throwing the ball in the Mountain West, he can make some plays at the NFL level with Brady doing the distributing.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

The best part is, when they signed him, I actually knew who he was, since he played at UNR. If he can make plays with that stiff Cody Fajardo throwing the ball in the Mountain West, he can make some plays at the NFL level with Brady doing the distributing.

I got the chance to interview him - he's a smart guy, too. Won a student-athlete award up there. He should have been drafted, even in the fifth round or so. He's a great athlete.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear that Hernandez is healing up.

Training camp injuries always suck - but the fact both Ballard and Ridley stayed to watch rather than going straight to physios or for scans etc implies they are just tweaks and sitting out was precautionary.

The Dennard thing is not good. He really needs to be healthy. Whilst Talib, Dowling, Arrington, Ryan isn't necessarily bad it's one injury away from being terrifying.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 53 Yards: 734 TDs: 9
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

Was he the TE you were talking about on twitter?
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

Was he the TE you were talking about on twitter?

Yeah.

Iggles wrote:

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Ridley, who appeared to tweak a hamstring in OTA's Tuesday, said his health is "perfect." Said, "We're just working on push-ups [with kids]"

http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342321960908369920

Quote:
Ridley did look fine. Was running around with kids at the Play 60 event.

http://twitter.com/Mary_Paoletti/statuses/342322264722784256
Tom Brady Tribute
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasy football question. Didn't want to start a new topic. What are the odds that Aaron Dobson is your starting WR on the outside this year? I expect anyone starting in that offense to put up good numbers. However he's not being ranked as highly as you'd think as a fantasy player. Thoughts?

Also, I think Veeren is due to put up big numbers. He flashed late last season and he'll also pick up the snaps that Woodhead would have had.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Last edited by Gmen on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Fantasy football question. Didn't want to start a new topic. What are the odds that Aaron Dobson is your starting WR on the outside this year? I expect anyone starting in that offense to put up good numbers. However he's not being ranked as highly as you'd think as a fantasy player. Thoughts?

Opening day starter? I'd say 50/50. By the end of the year? I'd say 70/30.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Opening day starter? I'd say 50/50. By the end of the year? I'd say 70/30.

I agree with the opening day assessment, but I'm so high on him, that barring injury, I'd put the end of the year odds at 90/10. I really, really think they got it right this time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: