Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFF: Jets' Secret Superstar is...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: PFF: Jets' Secret Superstar is... Reply with quote

...Jeremy Kerley

PFF wrote:
The new coordinator, Marty Mornhinweg, should provide a fresh approach to the offensive system this season. It will help the quarterback, whoever he is, and the receivers in a passing offense that has been ineffective for the past two seasons. Jeremy Kerley is in great position to benefit from that. His ability from the slot and versatility to produce in the short and deep game will be a big factor for the Jets’ offense. If Mornhinweg and the quarterback find the way to get the ball to Kerley often he could become the Jets’ first 1,000-yard receiver since Jerricho Cotchery in 2007.

Kerley had a breakout 2012 season, yet I think he might have even more in store in 2013. It is tough for a WR to put up outstanding numbers considering our QB situation, but Kerley can become a 1,000 yard receiver as soon as Geno or someone else steps up as our QB.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn he bit hard on that! What a route.

I'm not a huge Kerley fan, he has plastic hands but that route/catch/play was nasty.

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
captainhags

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:

I'm not a huge Kerley fan, he has plastic hands but that route/catch/play was nasty.

Just curious, but what makes you think he's got bad hands? I haven't looked at any metrics, but watching the games last year I didn't notice his hands being conspicuously bad. And either way, the guy flat out produces. If Hill can develop and line up across from Holmes and Geno plays alright, Kerley could be a monster in the slot.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerley almost had 1,000 yards with a terrible offense last season. I'm not sure if I would be shocked if he cracked 1,000 this season now that Marty is the one calling the shots.

He probably has the best hands out of our WR's imo. Holmes has dropped plenty of passes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Kerley almost had 1,000 yards with a terrible offense last season. I'm not sure if I would be shocked if he cracked 1,000 this season now that Marty is the one calling the shots.

He probably has the best hands out of our WR's imo. Holmes has dropped plenty of passes.

I personally think Kerley is better than Holmes at this point.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I personally think Kerley is better than Holmes at this point.

I think so too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Kerley I think he's the best WR on our roster and I think he ll excees 1000 yards thia season with MM system and Geno throwing him the ball if Hill can take a nice step forward this season we could be set at WR

JMG on the sig
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:

It was zone. The safety should've slide quicker to Kerley (not really sure what is happening else where, the safety may have been occupied in the middle or something but unlikely

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

It was zone. The safety should've slide quicker to Kerley (not really sure what is happening else where, the safety may have been occupied in the middle or something but unlikely

Browner bit very hard at that spin move.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

He did bite, but it was zone. The DB didn't have straight up true man coverage.

It was a nice move by Kerley and could have very well been a read option.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

He was suppose to bite. He overplayed the route because he had coverage over the top. It was a good route by Kerley (and a good move after the catch to lose the late safety) but I'd probably place fault on the safety for that one. Assuming it was zone.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another gif...

rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first game against the Pats & Texans is the reason why I think Kerley can be more than a slot WR. If he had a average QB, he would have cracked 1,000 last season. I like the potential of our offense with Kerley, Hill, Ivory, and the oline.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Here's another gif...

What does this show? Quick getoff?
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Here's another gif...

What does this show? Quick getoff?

That's what she said.

Obviously Kerley can be a fantastic slot WR, but as long as he builds on last year he can def be a starter for us IMO. Plus we have quite a few guys fighting for roster spots that all seem like good fits in the slot anyway, like White, Rogers, Spadola.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: