Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwyer way out of shape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelkev43 wrote:

The guy is a piece of trash for being overweight?
I suggest reserving those words for guys like Antonio Cromartie and Titus Young.

certainly not on the same level as Titus Young, although I think that dude is legit mentally unstable

that said, when you make 100's of thousands of dollars based on your physical ability and you completely waste it by being lazy, you're still trash, just a different kind of trash.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelkev43 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Piece of trash.

Get out of the league.

I defended him last year because I thought it was overblown, and I thought he would put more effort out given the fact Mendenhall wasnt ready and he had a chance ot make a name. But he got fatter as the season went on and now THIS!?

Get him off my team. We dont need lazy idiots anchoring us down. I am fine with Bell, Redman and Howling this year....maybe a UDFA who WANTS to play football will take the slobs place.

I suggest reserving those words for guys like Antonio Cromartie and Titus Young.

We're not talking about him in a criminalistic type of way. Those are two separate issues entirely.

When it comes to his work ethic as a football player, yes he is garbage in that regard. The man has what could be a HUGE PAY DAY opportunity, not that I feel like money should be whats important but to many players it is, so whatever I'm not going to hark too much on that, but he's choosing to not take it seriously.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwyer isn't hungry and seems content with being a secondary option. From the looks of the picture he doesn't look to bad, but for a player leading the RB pack. You'd think he take that role more serioulsy. I say start Redman who seem to want the leading role. Of course that realistically depends on Le'veon Bell.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Dwyer isn't hungry

yes, yes he is....
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Dwyer isn't hungry

yes, yes he is....

Too easy... Shame on you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelkev43 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Piece of trash.

Get out of the league.

I defended him last year because I thought it was overblown, and I thought he would put more effort out given the fact Mendenhall wasnt ready and he had a chance ot make a name. But he got fatter as the season went on and now THIS!?

Get him off my team. We dont need lazy idiots anchoring us down. I am fine with Bell, Redman and Howling this year....maybe a UDFA who WANTS to play football will take the slobs place.

Trash is something that needs to be disposed of.

Dwyer is absolutely trash. He is extremely lazy and obviously doesnt aspire to be more, and therefore, pretty much worthless.

Titus Young isnt trash. He's an idiot and a criminal. You could refer to him as trash, but in a different way.

Dwyer is a piece of trash in the NFL.

Titus Young is a piece of trash in real life.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Dwyer isn't hungry

yes, yes he is....

You got me!!

Maybe "hungry" was the wrong word. How bout motivated!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as if you guys are taking this article a bit too seriously. It seems you all have forgotten that Dwyer filled in pretty well last season when both Redman and Mendy were out and gave us two consecutive 100 yards games for the first time since 2008. He had a better season than Redman last year, and I'd go as far as saying he was the most productive back on the roster.

I think it is very pre-mature to call Dwyer an "easy cut" when TC time comes around. We'll see what happens but I don't think one article in June will be enough to send JD packing.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
I feel as if you guys are taking this article a bit too seriously. It seems you all have forgotten that Dwyer filled in pretty well last season when both Redman and Mendy were out and gave us two consecutive 100 yards games for the first time since 2008. He had a better season than Redman last year, and I'd go as far as saying he was the most productive back on the roster.

I think it is very pre-mature to call Dwyer an "easy cut" when TC time comes around. We'll see what happens but I don't think one article in June will be enough to send JD packing.

Most Productive Running Back? Most definitely. What makes that statement a negative instead of a positive is the production he actually provided us. He had a total of 623 yards & 2 Touchdowns.. TWO TOUCHDOWNS!??!!!

Redman had 410 yards and ...TWO TOUCHDOWNS?

So..our running game had a total of 4 touchdowns, if you're including Chris Rainey, then it's 6 Touchdowns, he had 2 with 102 yards.

With Baron Batch added to the mix, we have 7 Touchdowns, he had 49 yards.

Mendenhall didn't have a single TD last season and just 182 yards.

That's a total of 1366 yards and 7 Touchdowns. Now here's the question you have to ask yourself. Do you think that Le'Veon Bell can put up more than 7 TDs and more than 700 yards? If so, that is your starting running back because that'd be more TDs than our entire 5 Man RB Squad combined and more yards than our highest rusher last season.

So this whole "he had a pretty good year"... 623 yards and 2 touchdowns is GARBAGE. Michael Turner came under all kinds of fire last season for not having a good year and isn't even signed to a team. Wanna know a not-so-secret?

In 2012 he had 800 yards and more TDs than our entire backfield (10). I'd trade our entire Backfield, minus Bell of course, for Turner in a heart beat right now.

Oh and for those questioning why LeRod Stephens-Howling is here, he wasn't even the starter last season and still had 356 Yards and 4 TDs. For Touchdowns is the same amount that BOTH of our "starters" had combined last season, and this is one guy we're talking about. On top of that, he didn't fumble once and he carried the ball 110 times.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Redman can be a good role player on this team and his injury is overlooked by fans. I take him any day of the week over Dwyer if only for the fact that he actually seems to be a professional and pretty damn tough.
gatek99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreasyApples wrote:

Not in the greatest of shape, but the way he's described in the article you'd think he's Jamarcus Russell. Seems like Bouchette's reaching.

Remember his beer belly last year? It was way worse than this pic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
I feel as if you guys are taking this article a bit too seriously. it's the offseason, we're bored. What else is new? *grin* It seems you all have forgotten that Dwyer filled in pretty well last season when both Redman and Mendy were out and gave us two consecutive 100 yards games for the first time since 2008. that was a function of the run blocking at the time, which is why we had a run of about half a dozen games where EVERY RB looked good, regardless of who was there. He had a better season than Redman last year, and I'd go as far as saying he was the most productive back on the roster. that's like saying, "well, as far as poop goes, he didn't stink that much

Dwyer has been chastised for a lack of conditioning on multiple occasions by the head coach, and despite Tomlin DESPERATELY trying to hand him the starting job, he quit in multiple games last year, asking to be taken out.

When we drafted Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd this year, both Redman and Dwyer knew their jobs were on the line, what did they do?

Redman showed up in outstanding shape, and Dwyer, once again, showed up 15-20 lbs overweight, by his own admission

he. doesn't. care. Coach wants him in shape, and he simply doesn't care.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Dwyer publicly address his weight this off-season. You have a link?

He doesn't look that bad in the picture to me. Certainly better than last year. He's always been a bigger back. The biggest issue with him is conditioning. Staying on the field means he wasn't working out, or at least not at the right intensity. You can be heavier and have endurance.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I haven't seen Dwyer publicly address his weight this off-season. You have a link?

He doesn't look that bad in the picture to me. Certainly better than last year. He's always been a bigger back. The biggest issue with him is conditioning. Staying on the field means he wasn't working out, or at least not at the right intensity. You can be heavier and have endurance.

Here is the problem with Dwyers situation. He has already given himself a bad image by not going through the process of getting in top end shape for camp. On top of that, while Le'Veon Bell is no Chris Johnson, he's not slow either. He, behind our OL, imo, is going to be able to get to the edges and make big runs to the outside, it won't happen overnight, I'm not saying that, but I do believe he'll be able to do it.

So, where does Dwyer fit in? No where, he does nothing exceptional. Redman is a very good Gut Runner, with nice size and ability and imo, looks to be in better shape this year than he was last year which really plays into our favor. I expect Redman to be used as a Bruiser a lot this year.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Dwyer isn't hungry

yes, yes he is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkysNet7Fs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: