Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwyer way out of shape
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Dwyer way out of shape Reply with quote

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/121491-ed-rookie-signings-mean-little-anymore

Quote:
Jonathan Dwyer is heavy, real heavy, and his teammates cannot believe he is in such lousy shape. Itís early June, so he has a few months to get into shape, but if he reports to camp this way, his roster spot is in severe jeopardy. Unless there is an injury, he may not make it anyway because as Iíve written, the Steelers are not likely to carry two backup running backs at a $1.3 million salary each. And Isaac Redman is way ahead of Dwyer in the pecking order.

See ya.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy is McDonalds through and through.

Apparently not even embarrassed by it either since it is now an annual habit.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piece of trash.

Get out of the league.

I defended him last year because I thought it was overblown, and I thought he would put more effort out given the fact Mendenhall wasnt ready and he had a chance ot make a name. But he got fatter as the season went on and now THIS!?

Get him off my team. We dont need lazy idiots anchoring us down. I am fine with Bell, Redman and Howling this year....maybe a UDFA who WANTS to play football will take the slobs place.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that he is currently taking the first team snaps if Redman is way ahead of him in the pecking order

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwyer out of shape? Shocking.

He could still get in "shape", and I use that term loosely for him, during training camp but it's clear this guy does not have what it takes to be a dedicated athlete. He had some nice games and showed he can be a decent RB but he can't be trusted to stay in shape. It's pretty bad when you run a couple of plays and then take yourself out of the game. Why should the Steelers stay committed to him when he hasn't shown committed to take his training seriously?

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig

Last edited by 1BackInBlackFan on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazy slob who takes his god-given talent for granted.

3 years from now, he'll be asking "do you want fries with that?" at the drive-thru then he'll sneak a few fries before he puts it into the bag

pathetic.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Dwyer out of shape? Shocking.

He could still get in "shape", and I use that term loosely for him, during training camp but it's clear this guy does not have what it takes to be a dedicated athlete. He had some nice games and showed he can be a decent RB but he can't be trusted to stay in shape. It's pretty bad when you run a couple of plays and then take yourself out of the game. Why should the Steelers stay committed to him when he hasn't shown committed to take his training seriously?

He could get in shape but why would any team really pay him? He has shown that he does not care enough to take care of his body in the off season.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can't be right. I can't imagine Mr. Physical Fitness himself, Jonathan Dwyer, would be out of shape! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Such a shame. I won't say he'd be Adrian Peterson, but he has/had the talent to be a top 10-15 back in the NFL, if he'd just take care of himself.

Go Noles!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will be truly shocking is to see him NOT get cut.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend not to take any issue with guys out of shape at this time of the year. Football, training, and absolutely wrecking their body is their life for 8-9 months out of the year. If they want to take some time off before that carnage of the body happens again so be it...

Having said that... with his past, and the fact that he just doesn't seem to want to step up and grab that lead position that is dangling in front of him AND they draft a guy high in your position and you don't seem motivated show the front office that that was a wasted pick because YOUR the guy...Lets go Le'veon, I hope you are the lead back.
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a schmuck. Make an example of him and cut this bum now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
What a schmuck. Make an example of him and cut this bum now.

exactly. Cut him immediately. Send a message.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
I tend not to take any issue with guys out of shape at this time of the year. Football, training, and absolutely wrecking their body is their life for 8-9 months out of the year. If they want to take some time off before that carnage of the body happens again so be it...

Having said that... with his past, and the fact that he just doesn't seem to want to step up and grab that lead position that is dangling in front of him AND they draft a guy high in your position and you don't seem motivated show the front office that that was a wasted pick because YOUR the guy...Lets go Le'veon, I hope you are the lead back.

I get what you are saying, but there is a difference between being unconditioned and being out of shape.

There are people who stay in great shape year round and arent paid millions to do so. I know they dont go through the same stuff that pro athletes do, but still...Dwyer is responsible to stay in at least good condition year round.

And also...I dont think people would care if this were an isolated incident....but seeing as how Dwyer has ballooned up a few times before, there is no excuse.

Fatty needs to go.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradshaw is still a FA.

I've looked a little for pictures, but couldn't find any of Dwyer. A media report doesn't really prove much to me. I don't take the reports that a guy is in the best shape of his career too seriously, so I'm not going to take Bouchette at his word, either. If he really is out of shape, I'd rather dump him now and get Bradshaw in before he signs elsewhere.

I've also heard Dwyer had a child a few months back in February.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/02/21/dwyer-things-were-off-last-season/

So, maybe the coaches are being lenient because of that right now if this report is true. The fact that he's taking first team snaps doesn't indicate the coaches are angry with him right now, and given last year and his history you would expect they would be if his weight were a major issue.

Last edited by CKSteeler on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's inexcusable. Guess Baron Batch will be our #3 RB now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: