Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your thoughts on Aldrick Robinson's future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
yeah last year Briscoe came in right before camp, he was 3 months behind. i believe re-signing Briscoe next off-season will be several million dollars cheaper for more Tds... Lets see what happens

@Mknight82. Morgan is currently a better blocker but I'd like to see how Briscoe looks year 2 in our system. He should be much improved in that area as I'm sure coaches grilled him on it and told him if he wanted to play, he needed to block better

Excuses. Rolling Eyes Josh Morgan had never played in Shanahan's Offense and led the team in Receptions, Plus got as many TD's as Briscoe had Catches Shocked Before you say he led the team because Garcon was hurt: He STEPPED UP, and Briscoe couldn't. 2 Receptions in a Year is Horrible...pathetic

Everyone has a role. Neither one of these guys is going to bring what Garcon can. Just keep them both and put them in good situations. That is, IF Briscoe can earn a spot on the field, which Morgan already has.
You're totally making this into a Morgan vs Briscoe thing.

I know what Morgan did, again I love Morgan and I think he's a solid possession wr and great blocker, but I also believe Hank and Briscoe can fill his role and actually do more. When evaluating costs though in the future sometimes you have to make tough decisions.

This team has to re-sign Orakpo next offseason, probably spend $ on a #1 cb, possibly spend $ on re-signing Fred Davis depending what he does this season to earn a new contract from us, probably sign a new ILB if Fletch retires.

They might not have the money to re-sign Morgan, and they might choose not to if Hank and Briscoe play better and show better in practice this season.

I think this is all dependent on how Hankerson and Briscoe look in their development. Last year is last year. Hankerson is close to breaking out and was close to Morgan's production in receptions last year with more yards and tds. With Briscoe, he's was a young player in a new system with little reps its not a large enough sample size of what he can ultimately do for the team.

This is just a prediction, but I see Morgan as the present, Hank and Briscoe are the future of this passing offense along with Garçon and Robinson opposite them.

I'm just a bit miffed (besides Morgan being from DC) why he's viewed as irreplaceable, because Morgan through out his career hasn't been anything more than a Antwaan Randle El (ARE) type WR and everyone wanted to run Randle El out of town as fast as they could back after 2009, even though we replaced ARE with lesser wrs in Galloway, Armstrong and Roydell Williams.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the title: Robinson's future.

A roster spot for a WR with 11 receptions in one season is a waste, unless they are 11 long pass TD.

He has to improve: number of receptions, yards, route running, variety of routes. He must also become a threat in the short range.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:

A roster spot for a WR with 11 receptions in one season is a waste, unless they are 11 long pass TD.

He has to improve: number of receptions, yards, route running, variety of routes. He must also become a threat in the short range.
he also was the 5th WR. When's the last time a #5 WR caught 11 passes for 237 YDs, and 3 Tds (more than Morgan in 16 games started) for a 21.5 avg (1st for a wr with 10 receptions or more) for a team who led the NFL in rushing?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any team in recent history who led thr nfl in rushing have that kind of production out of a #5 WR.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

he also was the 5th WR. When's the last time a #5 WR caught 11 passes for 237 YDs, and 3 Tds (more than Morgan in 16 games started) for a 21.5 avg (1st for a wr with 10 receptions or more) for a team who led the NFL in rushing?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any team in recent history who led thr nfl in rushing have that kind of production out of a #5 WR.

He may have been listed as at the 5th WR spot but with the injury to Garcon I know he moved up and got more playing than a normal 5th WR. I believe this guy can be our replacement for Moss but he has to produce more than those numbers to do that and earn more playing time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

Much of what you say makes sense, but the point is that he's #5 for a reason; were he a better receiver, he would be #2 or #3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

Much of what you say makes sense, but the point is that he's #5 for a reason were he a better receiver, he would be #2 or #3.
He was #5 because he's still developing as a WR. Last year were both Robinson's and Hankerson's first years with plying experience in the NFL. I'm not saying you, but many posters just expect rookie wrs to come in a contribute a lot right away- that rarely happens, even some of today's #1s struggled as rookies and 2nd year players. It's that 3rd or 4th year when you expect a WR to become a solid dependable player. I think this year and especially in 2014 you will see our 3 young wrs become a group that compliments what Garçon does tremendously well.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

He may have been listed as at the 5th WR spot but with the injury to Garcon I know he moved up and got more playing than a normal 5th WR. I believe this guy can be our replacement for Moss but he has to produce more than those numbers to do that and earn more playing time.
yeah, that's true. He replaced Garçon in the New Orleans game and played well, and he started two other games (Stl when he had a huge drop and carolina)but his concussion set hi back in the middle of the season.

I hope he can be like Moss in the future but I believe he has a lot to learn. Playing in the slot is harder than playing outside, there's more traffic, it requires more concentration and toughness, the ball gets to you faster, and you have to run precise routes to juke your coverage and find the sweet spots if its a zone. I've heard that Robinson is working extremely hard on his route running, but at this point I still see him as Garcon's back up and deep threat on the outside. They may try him out some on the inside in the preseason. I guess that's something to watch out for.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

yeah, that's true. He replaced Garçon in the New Orleans game and played well, and he started two other games (Stl when he had a huge drop and carolina)but his concussion set hi back in the middle of the season.

I hope he can be like Moss in the future but I believe he has a lot to learn. Playing in the slot is harder than playing outside, there's more traffic, it requires more concentration and toughness, the ball gets to you faster, and you have to run precise routes to juke your coverage and find the sweet spots if its a zone. I've heard that Robinson is working extremely hard on his route running, but at this point I still see him as Garcon's back up and deep threat on the outside. They may try him out some on the inside in the preseason. I guess that's something to watch out for.

Agreed. I really dont care where they put him as long as they put him at the position that helps us the most, but at the same time teach him and train him where he can be versitile

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
This is an attempt to get what I want from the quote box:

Quote:
turtle28 wrote: "I sure hope its your last response about Fletch, Moss or Doughty because there's only one person spouting off rhetoric. ... Woz asked him to because he refuses to use the quote button."

Ha-ha, good one... As I said, the default font size in the quote box is too small. You & DCRED clearly agree with me as you both change the default size.

Generally speaking, the first quote box tends to be a bit bigger than subsequent ones as you can see in the rest of this post. This way, if a thread gets really long, it tries to make the most recent text bigger.

Quote:
The other thing I don't like about it is that unless you edit, the same comments are reposted over & over again.

And I appreciate that you trim down your messages to the specific references. I also understand that if you are posting from a phone or tablet that it is nearly impossible to edit exactly what you want.

Quote:
But here's the other thing... In order to get "turtle28 wrote", I have to reply to your previous comment directly. Which limits me to responding to one person per post, unless again, I jump through these hoops.

Actually, you can quote as many people as you want if you copy and paste. The quote button only quotes the message you clicked on, but there is absolutely nothing that stops from adding more.

All you need to do is put:
Code:
[quote="name of the poster you want to quote"]<their message>[/quote]

For instance:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Abraham Lincoln wrote:
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

As I said before, the size of subsequent quotes gets smaller as you can see. You pointed out that you can adjust it manually, but in case you didn't know:
Code:
[quote="person being quoted"][size=12]text[/size][/quote]

Woz wrote:
Hi there. I've manually increased the size of this box so it the same size as the first quotation box.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
markrc99 wrote:
This is an attempt to get what I want from the quote box:

Quote:
turtle28 wrote: "I sure hope its your last response about Fletch, Moss or Doughty because there's only one person spouting off rhetoric. ... Woz asked him to because he refuses to use the quote button."

Ha-ha, good one... As I said, the default font size in the quote box is too small. You & DCRED clearly agree with me as you both change the default size.

Generally speaking, the first quote box tends to be a bit bigger than subsequent ones as you can see in the rest of this post. This way, if a thread gets really long, it tries to make the most recent text bigger.

Quote:
The other thing I don't like about it is that unless you edit, the same comments are reposted over & over again.

And I appreciate that you trim down your messages to the specific references. I also understand that if you are posting from a phone or tablet that it is nearly impossible to edit exactly what you want.

Quote:
But here's the other thing... In order to get "turtle28 wrote", I have to reply to your previous comment directly. Which limits me to responding to one person per post, unless again, I jump through these hoops.

Actually, you can quote as many people as you want if you copy and paste. The quote button only quotes the message you clicked on, but there is absolutely nothing that stops from adding more.

All you need to do is put:
Code:
[quote="name of the poster you want to quote"]<their message>[/quote]

For instance:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Abraham Lincoln wrote:
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

As I said before, the size of subsequent quotes gets smaller as you can see. You pointed out that you can adjust it manually, but in case you didn't know:
Code:
[quote="person being quoted"][size=12]text[/size][/quote]

Woz wrote:
Hi there. I've manually increased the size of this box so it the same size as the first quotation box.
Political quotes? You slapped on the wrist or my Lincoln quote.

Woz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

There's a difference between quoting famous documents/speeches and selecting a quote to push a certain political viewpoint.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

There's a difference between quoting famous documents/speeches and selecting a quote to push a certain political viewpoint.
it was a famous quote also.

Seems like a double standard though, tbh

Woz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If you want to discuss it further, we can take it to PMs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If you want to discuss it further, we can take it to PMs.
nah. I know where you're coming from

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: