Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your thoughts on Aldrick Robinson's future?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MooreJE3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Your thoughts on Aldrick Robinson's future? Reply with quote

There was a little buzz on Aldrick Robinson recently, so I looked around to get a better sense of what people were saying about him. This article struck me as interesting because the interviewee said that ARob is like an off-brand version of Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson, which was startling, but I guess I can see it. Obviously the WR situation is crowded, but how do you think ARob fits into the Skins plans over the next few seasons?

(btw, I'm new to this community, so thanks in advance for the hospitality)
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, MooreJE3! There's a thread where you can introduce yourself and such.

Personally, I really like Aldrick Robinson and think he's a good deep threat, but the Skins haven't really utilized his abilities that often, saved for the Cowboys and Eagles game. He can be a bit raw with his route running but he can do a lot to help our offense. I think that he can probably take the 2nd WR spot after Morgan if Leonard Hankerson doesn't improve (I think he does).

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Your thoughts on Aldrick Robinson's future? Reply with quote

MooreJE3 wrote:
There was a little buzz on Aldrick Robinson recently, so I looked around to get a better sense of what people were saying about him. This article struck me as interesting because the interviewee said that ARob is like an off-brand version of Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson, which was startling, but I guess I can see it. Obviously the WR situation is crowded, but how do you think ARob fits into the Skins plans over the next few seasons?

(btw, I'm new to this community, so thanks in advance for the hospitality)
First of all, welcome to the board and be sure to go to the first few stickies where you can read the forum rules and introduce yourself to the redskins forum in the getting to know you topic. I'm glad you figured out the hyperlink, because in 12 years on the board I still haven't! Laughing

This is also an excellent first topic to have.

Anyways, to the subject at hand. I do agree that Robinson can be a lesser version of Mike Wallace or DeSean Jackson or lets say a younger version of Anthony Armstrong (currently) with potential to be better than Anthony Armstrong this year and in the future.

I see Robinson having a similar season to that he had last year and just being the teams main deep threat as he develops more on special teams and as a more polished route runner. He'll probably have 15-20 receptions, 300 YDs and 3 or 4 Tds.

2014 I see as a break out season for Robinson as I don't see Santana Moss being on the Redskins past this season and possibly not Joshua Morgan either without a new contract.

That means that Aldrick Robinson will be fighting with Hankerson, Briscoe and whomever else we bring in in 2014 via free agency or the draft for the starting spot opposite Pierre Garçon for the 2014 season.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO with his skills he has the ability to take over for Moss as a slot WR, if we ultilize his skills correct. He's a small guy with a great amount of speed and the ability to stretch the field. I don't see him beating out Hankerson nor Morgan for that #2 spot unless he shows the ability to beat top notch CB's both with speed and being physical at the line of scrimmage.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
IMO with his skills he has the ability to take over for Moss as a slot WR, if we ultilize his skills correct. He's a small guy with a great amount of speed and the ability to stretch the field. I don't see him beating out Hankerson nor Morgan for that #2 spot unless he shows the ability to beat top notch CB's both with speed and being physical at the line of scrimmage.
I think I the future he could do what Moss does, but currently he isn't that great of a route runner and he doesn't catch the ball well in traffic. Moss is a good route runner and has become a reliable WR in traffic over the years.

This is why Robinson isn't Moss' back up currently, he's Garçons and when he comes in the game he is almost primarily a deep threat who doesn't run too many other patterns. Possibly, that will change this offseason and into next season but I really don't see him leap frogging Moss, guy RG3 seems to go to when he's in trouble. I think Robinson is going to be developing still and in 2014 year with Moss gone, he'll get an opportunity to win a starting job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I think I the future he could do what Moss does, but currently he isn't that great of a route runner and he doesn't catch the ball well in traffic. Moss is a good route runner and has become a reliable WR in traffic over the years.

This is why Robinson isn't Moss' back up currently, he's Garçons and when he comes in the game he is almost primarily a deep threat who doesn't run too many other patterns. Possibly, that will change this offseason and into next season but I really don't see him leap frogging Moss, guy RG3 seems to go to when he's in trouble. I think Robinson is going to be developing still and in 2014 year with Moss gone, he'll get an opportunity to win a starting job.
I hope you're right. I like Robinson, he was a really good WR in college and continues to develop. I like how the staff is being patient with him. He's defenitely got burner speed he just needs to work on the ins and outs of the position. You're right though, right now his best contribution to the team is as a backup deep threat when Garcon is not on the field (he's certainly never going to be the blocker Morgan or Hankerson are).

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board, MooreJE3.

Personally, I love Aldrick Robinson. Nothing made me more happier, than to see Aikman gush over Robinson in the 1st Dallas game last year. (right before he caught that long pass from RG3... Dancing )

I like his speed and upside to the team.
He forces defenses to respect his speed, which we have desperately needed for sometime.
If he can develop his game, there's no reason he can't become a solid #3 WR for us.

Garcon is locked in @#1
Morgan & Hankerson are fighting for #2
Moss is still good enough to stay @#3 at his age.
And I like Robinson better than Briscoe for sure...

As said above...Robinson will replace Moss, whenever he retires.
I hope we can hold on to Robinson.

I still think though...
Our true #2 or studly #1 who moves Garcon over to #2, is still not here yet.

But I'm satisfied with what we have at the moment & what we could only do because of the 32M cap penalty and no 1st rounders cause of RG3 trade.

We've kept the Playoff team in tact & Shanahan & Bruce should be commended for that, imo.

I think this is an 11-5 type team right now.
Specially if we can stay healthy.

Get ourselves another Stud WR & our secondary patched up?
And we will have a dynasty in the making, imo.

That's how close I think we are.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Welcome to the board, MooreJE3.

Personally, I love Aldrick Robinson. Nothing made me more happier, than to see Aikman gush over Robinson in the 1st Dallas game last year. (right before he caught that long pass from RG3... Dancing )

I like his speed and upside to the team.
He forces defenses to respect his speed, which we have desperately needed for sometime.
If he can develop his game, there's no reason he can't become a solid #3 WR for us.

Garcon is locked in @#1
Morgan & Hankerson are fighting for #2
Moss is still good enough to stay @#3 at his age.
And I like Robinson better than Briscoe for sure...

As said above...Robinson will replace Moss, whenever he retires.
I hope we can hold on to Robinson.

I still think though...
Our true #2 or studly #1 who moves Garcon over to #2, is still not here yet.

But I'm satisfied with what we have at the moment & what we could only do because of the 32M cap penalty and no 1st rounders cause of RG3 trade.

We've kept the Playoff team in tact & Shanahan & Bruce should be commended for that, imo.

I think this is an 11-5 type team right now.
Specially if we can stay healthy.

Get ourselves another Stud WR & our secondary patched up?
And we will have a dynasty in the making, imo.

That's how close I think we are.

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 things that could actually help Aldrick Robinson this season. Get in the film room and learn how to run routes.

He needs to learn what the slot guys are doing in this game and how they can work the S's to bite on moves and what not.

I would like to see Robinson fielding kick offs as his position of being a #4 or 5 WR is a bit relaxed as a player looking to make an impact.

IMO, he has to be pushed to that point so he can see what is expected of him. Training Camp is going to make or break his position and he needs to clearly show that he has improved.

I expect a lot out of him as a 3rd year player and he really needs to be working with Moss to be that slot guy that can split a defense and run those deep ins to get behind LB's and blow by S's.

That is what I expect of him.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Donthate48

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally view Robinson the same way I viewed Anthony Armstrong. They are both fast and have shown flashes of big play potential but they need to sure up in the middle of the field to set themselves apart.
I was a huge fan of Armstrongs but in the end he got cut just because he couldn't keep it up.

Hopefully Robinson doesn't follow in his footsteps.

^^ Good looks by Walter on the skin
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
There are 2 things that could actually help Aldrick Robinson this season. Get in the film room and learn how to run routes.

He needs to learn what the slot guys are doing in this game and how they can work the S's to bite on moves and what not.

I would like to see Robinson fielding kick offs as his position of being a #4 or 5 WR is a bit relaxed as a player looking to make an impact.

IMO, he has to be pushed to that point so he can see what is expected of him. Training Camp is going to make or break his position and he needs to clearly show that he has improved.

I expect a lot out of him as a 3rd year player and he really needs to be working with Moss to be that slot guy that can split a defense and run those deep ins to get behind LB's and blow by S's.

That is what I expect of him.
Same here. That's what I was eluding to in part of my post.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donthate48 wrote:
I personally view Robinson the same way I viewed Anthony Armstrong. They are both fast and have shown flashes of big play potential but they need to sure up in the middle of the field to set themselves apart.
I was a huge fan of Armstrongs but in the end he got cut just because he couldn't keep it up.

Hopefully Robinson doesn't follow in his footsteps.
yeah the very reason Armstrong didn't make the cut last year is because Robinson is a younger version of Armstrong. Totally agree with this post.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Robinson is going to have to have a really good camp to make this team. He has to be more versitile that just a deep threat. Guys like Sky Dawson who can contribute in the return game and passing game may really challenge him for his roster spot. I realize Robinson has experience in the return game, but he never seemed to be able to contribute......Im really pulling for the kid, but he is going to have to contribute more than just a deep threat!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“Aldrick has made strides each year that he's been here,” the coach said. “I think he’s having one heck of a camp. Not only does he have speed, his consistency catching the football right now is as good as it's been."

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/shanahan-has-praise-hankerson-and-robinson

Looks like Robinson is having a good camp. I really hope this kid steps up and wins a job....
Pretty good article by Tarik giving props to Hankerson and Robinson
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Quote:
“Aldrick has made strides each year that he's been here,” the coach said. “I think he’s having one heck of a camp. Not only does he have speed, his consistency catching the football right now is as good as it's been."

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/shanahan-has-praise-hankerson-and-robinson

Looks like Robinson is having a good camp. I really hope this kid steps up and wins a job....
Pretty good article by Tarik giving props to Hankerson and Robinson
thanks for posting that Marcus21. I think I had read that before. I agree with Tarik and you. I really think this 3rd year (or really 2nd in terms of playing time) will be a break out for both. It will make us feel better about moving on from Morgan and Moss for the 2014 season I believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: