Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sedrick Ellis to visit the Bears
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Sedrick Ellis to visit the Bears Reply with quote

Quote:
Sedrick Ellis - DL - Free Agent
Free agent DT Sedrick Ellis will visit the Bears and Lions this week.
Ellis worked out for the Patriots on Friday, but left without a deal. The seventh overall pick in the 2008 draft, Ellis will be rotational depth wherever he lands.

C'mon guys I'm hungover on my 21st and even I am getting this news out first. You guys are slacking.

And there's extra emphasis on the "I", I just couldn't really show it since it's already capitalized.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need depth there badly.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedrick Ellis to visit the Bears Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Ellis worked out for the Patriots on Friday, but left without a deal. The seventh overall pick in the 2008 draft, Ellis will be rotational depth wherever he lands.

C'mon guys I'm hungover on my 21st and even I am getting this news out first. You guys are slacking.

And there's extra emphasis on the "I", I just couldn't really show it since it's already capitalized.

I was a big fan of Ellis coming out and think he'd be a solid depth guy for sure. He disappointed in NO but he wouldn't have top 10 pick expectations here to which he has to live up.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
We need depth there badly.

Yeah I wouldn't mind signing him at all. What happened to him in NO? Picked 7th overall and now he's still unsigned. Was it a scheme thing, or just talent?

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedrick Ellis to visit the Bears Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

I was a big fan of Ellis coming out and think he'd be a solid depth guy for sure. He disappointed in NO but he wouldn't have top 10 pick expectations here to which he has to live up.

As much as he disappointed for a top 10 pick I never felt he was used the right way in NO…he was mostly asked to take up blockers for blitzing LBs and that was never his game coming out of USC…he was a penetrating UT and our scheme would be prefect for him to come in and play a key role in the rotation...he would be a very solid depth pick up.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sedrick was a monster at USC, but he hasn't lived up to being a top 10 pick. I also dont think he was used properly in NO. A change of scenery and a better scheme would help him out significantly.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 13 Yards- 119 TDs- 4 Tgts- 20
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him being billed as a solid UT, I think he would fit in nicely here if he's healthy (and not too expensive).

Hell, if he has a career year it might make Hank Melton expendable Twisted Evil

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
KG1187

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long he is willing to play without guaranteed money I see no harm.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I remember him being billed as a solid UT, I think he would fit in nicely here if he's healthy (and not too expensive).

I always saw him as a similar player to Tank Johnson. More of a 1 gap 4-3 NT. Never gonna be a big time pass rusher but a good athlete for the position and can still take on double teams. Athletically he's a good fit.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Why is it people are looking to get rid of the best pass rushing DT in the conference?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

Why is it people are looking to get rid of the best pass rushing DT in the conference?

G08's comment was heavily laden with sarcasm. None of us want to lose Henry Melton, but I would be happy to add some depth behind him. We learned with Cutler, Urlacher, etc that having no depth behind an important starter is a terrible gamble.

I'm not comfortable having Nate Collins, Irvin, or a handful of undrafted FAs lining up behind him. If he goes down, without signing anyone else we would have to move Wooten to the 3-technique and have Shea start opposite to Peppers, and all semblance of a rotation goes out the door. Izzy might still be available, but a few injuries happen and I think he gets a call quick.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

G08's comment was heavily laden with sarcasm. None of us want to lose Henry Melton, but I would be happy to add some depth behind him. We learned with Cutler, Urlacher, etc that having no depth behind an important starter is a terrible gamble.

I'm not comfortable having Nate Collins, Irvin, or a handful of undrafted FAs lining up behind him. If he goes down, without signing anyone else we would have to move Wooten to the 3-technique and have Shea start opposite to Peppers, and all semblance of a rotation goes out the door. Izzy might still be available, but a few injuries happen and I think he gets a call quick.

I don't see a scenario where we ever shift Wootton inside for anything other than a 3rd down passing situation or to finish out a game in which the other DTs get hurt. If Melton went down we would certainly bring someone in.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

It was definitely tongue-in-cheek but nonetheless it's always good to have a backup as insurance in case Melton wants to break the bank.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

I don't see a scenario where we ever shift Wootton inside for anything other than a 3rd down passing situation or to finish out a game in which the other DTs get hurt. If Melton went down we would certainly bring someone in.

That's exactly why I said "without signing anyone else." I wouldn't want him there either, I just didn't want to make guesses on who would and would not be available other that Izzy. Just the lazy way of doing it. lol
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sedrick Ellis to visit the Bears Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Happy Drunk Day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: