Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who is the better receiver, Golden Tate or Sidney Rice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tate or Rice, who's better?
Tate
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Rice
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

clubmember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I feel a lot better about harper filling in for a guy like tate than a player like Rice. Sidney is the leader of the pass catchers. He's the guy defenses key in on. He makes the tough catches when we need him and always puts himself on the line. I love tate, no ifs ands or buts. He's the more entertaining and explosive player, as well as our best deep threat. When it comes down to it though, what this offense needs most is that intermediate passing game. That's where the money is for us. When things break down, when russell escapes the pocket on third and long, it's rice who's been most reliable between the two. Golden still struggles with the basic routes, still gets lost on extended plays and outside of his abilities deep, doesn't do much that Percy Harvin can't. This is a much harder choice for me if we don't trade for #11

Obviously, I'm taking the value-to-our-offense approach and choosing Rice.

Wut?

Golden is our best receiver at getting open when Russell escapes the pocket.........

It's not as cut and dry Rice as you guys may think. He's lost some explosion as a route runner with so many injuries. Golden Tate was really on fire at the end of the year... I think he becomes our #1 next year.

IMO

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble answering this question until I considered who I'd rather lose to suspension or injury. I think this team needs Rice more than they do Tate.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clubmember wrote:
imani wrote:
I feel a lot better about harper filling in for a guy like tate than a player like Rice. Sidney is the leader of the pass catchers. He's the guy defenses key in on. He makes the tough catches when we need him and always puts himself on the line. I love tate, no ifs ands or buts. He's the more entertaining and explosive player, as well as our best deep threat. When it comes down to it though, what this offense needs most is that intermediate passing game. That's where the money is for us. When things break down, when russell escapes the pocket on third and long, it's rice who's been most reliable between the two. Golden still struggles with the basic routes, still gets lost on extended plays and outside of his abilities deep, doesn't do much that Percy Harvin can't. This is a much harder choice for me if we don't trade for #11

Obviously, I'm taking the value-to-our-offense approach and choosing Rice.

Wut?

Golden is our best receiver at getting open when Russell escapes the pocket.........

It's not as cut and dry Rice as you guys may think. He's lost some explosion as a route runner with so many injuries. Golden Tate was really on fire at the end of the year... I think he becomes our #1 next year.

IMO

I strongly disagree. Golden get's lost in traffic all the time. Rice and baldwin have been much better at getting back to the quarterback to get open. Golden's greatest plays last season came when he was the first or second read, or when the ball goes his direction quickly. Here are some examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fRuJsWioUw

0:18-Designed

0:24-Designed

1:22-First Option

2:02-First Option

2:24-Second Read

2:31-First Option

3:14-Second Read

3:20-First/Second Option

3:34-Designed

3:43-Designed

3:52-Second Read (may have been later/)

4:09-Second option (might have been first)

4:30-First play i saw where golden came back

The coaches have done a great job of designing plays for him. Unfortunately for tate, i think a lot of those go into percy's hands now and we could see a dip in GT's production.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: