Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who is the better receiver, Golden Tate or Sidney Rice?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tate or Rice, who's better?
Tate
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Rice
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

clubmember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: who is the better receiver, Golden Tate or Sidney Rice? Reply with quote

I think Tate is a better WR than Rice right now. Just wanted to see your guys opinion on the matter.

#JDI
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Tate. His body control and tackle breaking ability is redonk.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Tate's playing style better than Rice. I think Rice is the better reciever though. He get's more seperation and can get open a lot more frequently than Tate. Tate has the snag ability though which is what I really like. I hope he improves his route running this year.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
clubmember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
I personally like Tate's playing style better than Rice. I think Rice is the better reciever though. He get's more seperation and can get open a lot more frequently than Tate. Tate has the snag ability though which is what I really like. I hope he improves his route running this year.

I think Rice's route running is a bit overrated. Both our receivers have this weakness though, IMO.

What I really like is Tate's ability to get open when Wilson starts scrambling. How many times has Wilson thrown the ball to Tate when he's started scrambling? One example off the top of my head is week 17, 3rd down against the Rams, on our side of the field, if we don't convert we don't have a great shot at winning. Wilson escapes a Laurinaitis sack, and then throws to Tate, who breaks like 3 tackles for 40 yards. Not too mention I like his clutch factor too Smile lol

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice is the better receiver imo. Even with Tate being great at high pointing the ball, he still can't compete with Rice in that regard. Rice has also mastered the sideline catch. He's not as good as Tate at breaking off his routes, but he's still good at it.

Tate may have a statistically better year, but Rice is key to making everything flow.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
bill21792

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard for me to say, they're two very different receivers. Rice is a tall, slower (not slow, just slower than Tate) possession receiver, while Tate is a shorter, nimble receiver who's great after the catch. Just too hard for me to call one way or the other.

Here a video of all the Tate plays from this year. It's a fun watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7m1-wf9AQ
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice is the better receiver. He's bigger which allows him to play outside a little more naturally. But dollar for dollar Is rather have Tate.

Something like 11 Mill cap hit for Rice vs 1 Mill for Tate.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Tate 10 times out of 10. The only thing Rice has on him is size, and Tate plays way bigger than his 5’10 frame, where I would say Rice plays smaller than his 6’4 frame would suggest.

I don’t see one area that Rice outplays Tate substantially, but I a lot better YAC and a better deep threat in Tate.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two completely different receivers, tate did have a hell of a year with the TD vs green bay and that bears TD idk who in the league couldve made that play,

WINTER IS COMING
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a lot better about harper filling in for a guy like tate than a player like Rice. Sidney is the leader of the pass catchers. He's the guy defenses key in on. He makes the tough catches when we need him and always puts himself on the line. I love tate, no ifs ands or buts. He's the more entertaining and explosive player, as well as our best deep threat. When it comes down to it though, what this offense needs most is that intermediate passing game. That's where the money is for us. When things break down, when russell escapes the pocket on third and long, it's rice who's been most reliable between the two. Golden still struggles with the basic routes, still gets lost on extended plays and outside of his abilities deep, doesn't do much that Percy Harvin can't. This is a much harder choice for me if we don't trade for #11

Obviously, I'm taking the value-to-our-offense approach and choosing Rice.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice is comfortably better than Golden. Although he has improved, Tate's routes are still pretty average. Sidney is the one who deals with the #1 corner and he still makes plays.

Echoing what imani said, I think that Percy has made Tate replaceable. They are too similar to each other. If Chris Harper pans out, he will become the #2 and also compliment the offense more.

Golden Tate would really disappear if he was getting the attention of the best corner on every play.
Dr.Seahawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is Rice and it really isn't even that close to me. If Tate didn't have a good year last year I would have said it was time to think about moving on, or keeping him as a 4th or 5th string guy. That being said he really impressed me last year. I hope he continues his up swing. Rice I feel has a much bigger upside and if he could stay healthy I would think he is far above Tate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice and it's not even close.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice. He relies more on good QB play then a lot of the better WR's, but his ability to catch the football even perfectly covered is amazing. His vertical used to be through the roof, and I doubt that's diminished.

Tate is pretty fun to watch, and Percy Harvin is way better than most of us Vikings fans would have you believe. It's gonna be fun to watch next season!

Lil Uno with the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: