Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McKenzie already on a short leash ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10182
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: McKenzie already on a short leash ? Reply with quote

Per Peter King

"SI's Peter King believes Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie "will be in trouble" next offseason unless the team's 2013 season is "significantly brighter" than 2012."


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8358/dennis-allen

I thought he was doing an OK job, had a lot of house-cleaning to do first. What do you guys think
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there isn't a reason to believe that.

Quote:
"Reggie's my guy," reiterates Davis. "He did inherit a mess, and he's still cleaning. I can be patient with him. I'm giving him the whole shot," meaning the five-year length of his contract.


If Mark goes back on that then I'm not sure how I'll react but for now, I'm not believing any of the media crap they come up with.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GJT1347


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1679
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, a subtlely conniving thread made by Cutler06 in the Raiders forum. this should be fun....
_________________


Props to Palooka ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5813
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the media applying heat to Mark because he fired Gilbert.

Part of the article dealing with this:



_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5766
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, it's disconcerting. I love what McKenzie has done.

Recent moves not by him, and reports like this kinda point to Mark Davis as an idiot. Kinda unstable, like Dad, without the former football genius part. Just the unstable power sucking idiot part.
I know my comments are premature and a bit over the top, but I fear it. I hope I'm not seeing tidbits of this.

A twitter post suggested something that would be fantastic but is totally 99.9999% impossible. Public ownership like Green Bay. I think if any team is fit for it, it's the Raiders. Not only because of the Davis presence going so sour, but also the rabid devoted fanbase and the small market.

The place where it fits terribly is in the logistics of actually making it happen. I.E. managing such a transfer and dealing with the minority owners having to sell too. Plus the fact that it was just a mere suggestion by a writer on twitter, and not an actual proposal of any kind. Still. It would be perfect for the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5813
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Honestly, it's disconcerting. I love what McKenzie has done.

Recent moves not by him, and reports like this kinda point to Mark Davis as an idiot. Kinda unstable, like Dad, without the former football genius part. Just the unstable power sucking idiot part.
I know my comments are premature and a bit over the top, but I fear it. I hope I'm not seeing tidbits of this.

A twitter post suggested something that would be fantastic but is totally 99.9999% impossible. Public ownership like Green Bay. I think if any team is fit for it, it's the Raiders. Not only because of the Davis presence going so sour, but also the rabid devoted fanbase and the small market.

The place where it fits terribly is in the logistics of actually making it happen. I.E. managing such a transfer and dealing with the minority owners having to sell too. Plus the fact that it was just a mere suggestion by a writer on twitter, and not an actual proposal of any kind. Still. It would be perfect for the Raiders.


GB fans do not actually own the team. The stock is technically real but without power or dividends. The stock is nothing more than a novelty.

Read: Are the Green Bay Packers the Worst Stock in America?
http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2012/01/13/are-the-green-bay-packers-the-worst-stock-in-america/
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10182
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
lol, a subtlely conniving thread made by Cutler06 in the Raiders forum. this should be fun....


WROONNGG !! I am a Reggie kinda guy.....and while I like Peter King, hate media mountain maker........

I did address this tactfully (and even supportive) so chill out GJT

It has seemed to me Reggie has been making good strides and decisions, no GM is going to get them all right, but he has made some hard decisions. The PR guy getting nailed, well it was his job to get good PR, so that's on him regardless if it was RM's guy, Davis Jr did what he thought was right.
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7472
Location: CA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Kings opinion based off the PR firing. Could have gone in the other thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5364
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I think there isn't a reason to believe that.

Quote:
"Reggie's my guy," reiterates Davis. "He did inherit a mess, and he's still cleaning. I can be patient with him. I'm giving him the whole shot," meaning the five-year length of his contract.


If Mark goes back on that then I'm not sure how I'll react but for now, I'm not believing any of the media crap they come up with.


This. Anyone who has even remotely followed the Raiders for the last few years knows that nobody could turn this team around in just one or two years. Any sports writer who would expect an owner to blow it up again this soon is a fool, and any owner that would do that has no business owning a team.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14229
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gained a lot of faith in McKenzie over the last few months, and for those who didn't notice i was a sceptic at first, but i really can't trust Mark Davis at this point. It's my opinion this guy has no idea how to run a business and even less a pro sport franchise. I'm sorry guys but i think there are still troubles ahead.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I've gained a lot of faith in McKenzie over the last few months, and for those who didn't notice i was a sceptic at first, but i really can't trust Mark Davis at this point. It's my opinion this guy has no idea how to run a business and even less a pro sport franchise. I'm sorry guys but i think there are still troubles ahead.


Same here, except I wasn't as skeptical. RMK has made some bad moves, but nothing really bad. If Mark Davis turns out to be a buffoon and screws up Reggie's plans and hard work then I'm going to have a hard time supporting this organization as long as its owned by the Davis family.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamethus92


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 4983
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't wrong. Mark said last year he wants to see "progress". If they go out there and lay an egg then maybe Reggie should look over his shoulder a little bit. I know its a long term job but you gotta give your boss a reason to believe you're the guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22505
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
He isn't wrong. Mark said last year he wants to see "progress". If they go out there and lay an egg then maybe Reggie should look over his shoulder a little bit. I know its a long term job but you gotta give your boss a reason to believe you're the guy.


I mean, cleaning up the mess is already proof enough right? The fact the Raiders will be 40 mil under the cap in the first time ever speaks volumes to his job. Factoring in the fact that none of the players who were let go were difference making type talents it was all well done.

Now, I understand that the results have to translate to the field, but what do people honestly expect? This was always going to be a 3-4 gutting and rebuilding of the roster.

Heck, the first year was essentially a loss w/ no draft picks or cap money. This is the first year McK has had to operate and acquire talent. Next year will be the year to see improvement. Right now, they are still feeling the effects of the cap situation.

Expecting anything this season is misguided IMO. Unless Flynn is a home run signing, this team still lacks talent from top to bottom. The rookies need time to develop before judging McK's ability to draft talent as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5364
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
He isn't wrong. Mark said last year he wants to see "progress". If they go out there and lay an egg then maybe Reggie should look over his shoulder a little bit. I know its a long term job but you gotta give your boss a reason to believe you're the guy.


I mean, cleaning up the mess is already proof enough right? The fact the Raiders will be 40 mil under the cap in the first time ever speaks volumes to his job. Factoring in the fact that none of the players who were let go were difference making type talents it was all well done.

Now, I understand that the results have to translate to the field, but what do people honestly expect? This was always going to be a 3-4 gutting and rebuilding of the roster.

Heck, the first year was essentially a loss w/ no draft picks or cap money. This is the first year McK has had to operate and acquire talent. Next year will be the year to see improvement. Right now, they are still feeling the effects of the cap situation.

Expecting anything this season is misguided IMO. Unless Flynn is a home run signing, this team still lacks talent from top to bottom. The rookies need time to develop before judging McK's ability to draft talent as well.


+1

I've been saying for a while that year 1 was not rebuilding, it was demolishing. Now that the dust has settled we can start the rebuilding, which is this year. We have draft picks, we have a little bit of money this year and will have a ton next, and we jettisoned a ton of overpaid player who had overstayed their welcome. Reggie couldnt do much in 2012, but this year he has done a lot and set us up for success next year.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22505
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
He isn't wrong. Mark said last year he wants to see "progress". If they go out there and lay an egg then maybe Reggie should look over his shoulder a little bit. I know its a long term job but you gotta give your boss a reason to believe you're the guy.


I mean, cleaning up the mess is already proof enough right? The fact the Raiders will be 40 mil under the cap in the first time ever speaks volumes to his job. Factoring in the fact that none of the players who were let go were difference making type talents it was all well done.

Now, I understand that the results have to translate to the field, but what do people honestly expect? This was always going to be a 3-4 gutting and rebuilding of the roster.

Heck, the first year was essentially a loss w/ no draft picks or cap money. This is the first year McK has had to operate and acquire talent. Next year will be the year to see improvement. Right now, they are still feeling the effects of the cap situation.

Expecting anything this season is misguided IMO. Unless Flynn is a home run signing, this team still lacks talent from top to bottom. The rookies need time to develop before judging McK's ability to draft talent as well.


+1

I've been saying for a while that year 1 was not rebuilding, it was demolishing. Now that the dust has settled we can start the rebuilding, which is this year. We have draft picks, we have a little bit of money this year and will have a ton next, and we jettisoned a ton of overpaid player who had overstayed their welcome. Reggie couldnt do much in 2012, but this year he has done a lot and set us up for success next year.


And the funny thing is, if the Raiders win 5 games a good majority will be calling for McK's head. Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group