Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former Titans OL Jake Scott, OL Leroy Harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4851
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed depth at guard pretty bad. Scott is a pretty solid signing. Don't know much about Harris but Tennessee fans say he is a good back up but if he starts (which he won't for us) you're in trouble.
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25352
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I understand the need for depth but frankly all these signings are scaring the rap out of me.

Oh crap, DHLF's about to start spittin' rhymes.


Laughing Laughing I could throw a little something together but my recording contract with Old Buzzard Artists inc. would really frown on it.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much rather have a Scott or Harris taking over at OG should Warford or Sims go down than have to rely on an unproved Nagy, Austin, or Gandy. Make the back ups truly earn their keep.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35191
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Much rather have a Scott or Harris taking over at OG should Warford or Sims go down than have to rely on an unproved Nagy, Austin, or Gandy. Make the back ups truly earn their keep.

I guess it is a difference in philosophy. I would rather have an unproven guy than one proven to suck.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Much rather have a Scott or Harris taking over at OG should Warford or Sims go down than have to rely on an unproved Nagy, Austin, or Gandy. Make the back ups truly earn their keep.

I guess it is a difference in philosophy. I would rather have an unproven guy than one proven to suck.


Well if they suck as bad people say the do then they ultimately won't make the final roster so it'll be a mute point anyways.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18729
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Much rather have a Scott or Harris taking over at OG should Warford or Sims go down than have to rely on an unproved Nagy, Austin, or Gandy. Make the back ups truly earn their keep.

I guess it is a difference in philosophy. I would rather have an unproven guy than one proven to suck.


Well if they suck as bad people say the do then they ultimately won't make the final roster so it'll be a mute point anyways.


Exactly. Competition is a good thing. The best player will play, and they'll be able to keep the depth situation a competitive one. Having to earn your position will only make the player and the team better.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9020
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... This just got interesting. Jake Scott has pretty much been a solid OG for a long time except for last season. Nothing great but pretty solid imo. Not sure he could slide up to RT though and not sure anyone signed is better than Larry Warford(IMO).

Leroy Harris has a shot imo at taking over the C position possibly, especially if an injury happens with Riaola. He's already a better blocker than Riaola is but he needs time I expect with the offense to get the timing/calls down. Rob Sims also wasn't too great of a blocker, solid in pass protection but pretty poor in run blocking though for now I think his job is safe unless Scott/Harris are CLEARLY upgrades in the staffs opinions.

I like the moves a lot though, They've needed to focus on this line for a long time now and its' good to see they're making moves and trying to accomplish something with the O-line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oda


Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 1003
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Not going to do much for the running game. The Titans interior is a big reason CJ2K sucks now.
Or, CJ2K goes down on first contact it's probably a little of both, but if Matt Forte can rack up 1k yards last season with a horrible line what's CJ2K's excuse? Not every team will have the 95 Dallas Cowboys offensive line.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9020
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oda wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Not going to do much for the running game. The Titans interior is a big reason CJ2K sucks now.
Or, CJ2K goes down on first contact it's probably a little of both, but if Matt Forte can rack up 1k yards last season with a horrible line what's CJ2K's excuse? Not every team will have the 95 Dallas Cowboys offensive line.


Especailly when he did get 2k yards both those two players were playing the interior.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2931
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oda wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Not going to do much for the running game. The Titans interior is a big reason CJ2K sucks now.
Or, CJ2K goes down on first contact it's probably a little of both, but if Matt Forte can rack up 1k yards last season with a horrible line what's CJ2K's excuse? Not every team will have the 95 Dallas Cowboys offensive line.


CJ1K had 1243 yds last yr. I agree that he seems to run with less " intent " than in his best years but that's still a solid season. If Bush comes close to that this year we as Lions fans would be ecstatic.
_________________


2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whiffleballtony


Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Posts: 997
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know how much one should look into it but Harris is listed as an OC on the roster. It is nice to know that no-one's job is safe on the Oline. I am very anxious to see who makes the cut.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group