Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign former Titans OL Jake Scott, OL Leroy Harris
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManeLine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed depth at guard pretty bad. Scott is a pretty solid signing. Don't know much about Harris but Tennessee fans say he is a good back up but if he starts (which he won't for us) you're in trouble.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I understand the need for depth but frankly all these signings are scaring the rap out of me.

Oh crap, DHLF's about to start spittin' rhymes.

Laughing Laughing I could throw a little something together but my recording contract with Old Buzzard Artists inc. would really frown on it.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much rather have a Scott or Harris taking over at OG should Warford or Sims go down than have to rely on an unproved Nagy, Austin, or Gandy. Make the back ups truly earn their keep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Much rather have a Scott or Harris taking over at OG should Warford or Sims go down than have to rely on an unproved Nagy, Austin, or Gandy. Make the back ups truly earn their keep.

I guess it is a difference in philosophy. I would rather have an unproven guy than one proven to suck.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

I guess it is a difference in philosophy. I would rather have an unproven guy than one proven to suck.

Well if they suck as bad people say the do then they ultimately won't make the final roster so it'll be a mute point anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

Well if they suck as bad people say the do then they ultimately won't make the final roster so it'll be a mute point anyways.

Exactly. Competition is a good thing. The best player will play, and they'll be able to keep the depth situation a competitive one. Having to earn your position will only make the player and the team better.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... This just got interesting. Jake Scott has pretty much been a solid OG for a long time except for last season. Nothing great but pretty solid imo. Not sure he could slide up to RT though and not sure anyone signed is better than Larry Warford(IMO).

Leroy Harris has a shot imo at taking over the C position possibly, especially if an injury happens with Riaola. He's already a better blocker than Riaola is but he needs time I expect with the offense to get the timing/calls down. Rob Sims also wasn't too great of a blocker, solid in pass protection but pretty poor in run blocking though for now I think his job is safe unless Scott/Harris are CLEARLY upgrades in the staffs opinions.

I like the moves a lot though, They've needed to focus on this line for a long time now and its' good to see they're making moves and trying to accomplish something with the O-line.
oda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Not going to do much for the running game. The Titans interior is a big reason CJ2K sucks now.
Or, CJ2K goes down on first contact it's probably a little of both, but if Matt Forte can rack up 1k yards last season with a horrible line what's CJ2K's excuse? Not every team will have the 95 Dallas Cowboys offensive line.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oda wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Not going to do much for the running game. The Titans interior is a big reason CJ2K sucks now.
Or, CJ2K goes down on first contact it's probably a little of both, but if Matt Forte can rack up 1k yards last season with a horrible line what's CJ2K's excuse? Not every team will have the 95 Dallas Cowboys offensive line.

Especailly when he did get 2k yards both those two players were playing the interior.
38andy38

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oda wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

CJ1K had 1243 yds last yr. I agree that he seems to run with less " intent " than in his best years but that's still a solid season. If Bush comes close to that this year we as Lions fans would be ecstatic.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know how much one should look into it but Harris is listed as an OC on the roster. It is nice to know that no-one's job is safe on the Oline. I am very anxious to see who makes the cut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: