Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders fire PR director Zak Gilbert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I like the fact Mark Davis is going to give Reggie a full 5 years to turn things around. Hopefully that's true. Seems like a fair way to judge him. Doesn't sound like Mark Davis feels the same way about the coaching staff though.

We don't know that Confused This little move isn't exactly reassuring either
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I bet Gilbert promised something different to Mark about what would come of the story. In the end, who really cares.
Exactly.

Gilbert was not paid to deliver cold hard truth's to the media, he was the freakin P.R. guy. He said something seemingly offensive to his boss, and spoke about his dead father.........who basically created the team.

The guy made a stupid choice addressing a subject that is clearly and for good reason is taboo.....................with Michael Silver? Hello do some research on your employer. He should have thought about his family, stuck to the positive no rehashing future and done the best he could. He was playing with fire and should have been smart enough to know it.

Now Silver doesn't want to take responsibility for getting a friend fired, whatever i don't really care he was the freaking P.R guy. Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people hating on mark but love reg when mark hired reg. go figure.

are they really going to blame the field on the injuries? lol

if i spoke bad about my boss to the media id get fired to.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, firing Gilbert is a message to McKenzie. When you are really angry at "your guy" what do you do? Strike at someone close to "your guy".

Quote:
Davis's meeting with Holmgren? McKenzie's idea. Because Davis isn't in the building every day, McKenzie inquired about bringing in an experienced staffer to bounce ideas off. The discussion didn't get far, but if it had, Holmgren never would have been more than a consultant.

When I re-read the article this stuck out out to me. It reads like: 1) Mark is an absentee owner, 2) McKenzie can't talk to Mark about football at all because he doesn't know anything about football, 3) Mark has the attention span of gnat. Summary: Mark is Tommy Boy.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
rodya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this is much ado about nothing. the only people who are making a big deal about this is the media itself. they have access to the raiders through this guy but fans could careless. i follow every move the raiders make, and i could give two cents about some pr guy. what difference will he make on the field? all i care about is getting more talent on the field and winning games. i don't know why mark davis fired him. none of us are in the know and who knows what his reasons were. all i care about is winning which we haven't done any of in 10 seasons. some pr guy the media is crowing about? child please Rolling Eyes
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the big fuss about this. Especially when none of us here know anything about this situation.

There has to be more to the story other than this drivel/speculation spewed out by the media. I don't love Mark Davis either, but to jump to conclusions on him from something like this is misguided.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders like to keep things secret judging by all the media coming to Gilberts defense, something tells me maybe he was too close to the media and maybe ran his mouth about some things. Anyway there's always more to a story.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Summary: Mark is Tommy Boy.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid?

Huh? Why? Confused

Classic Laughing Laughing Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Huh? Why? Confused

This isn't the way I feel. I'm suggesting that Mark is sensitive to the notion and that's how that particular paragraph comes across. However, I see you have reverted to your usual typical replies so I'll reply in kind so you can understand:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I win?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I could care less. Mark Davis has the right to fire anyone he wants for any reason he wants. imo PR's job is to paint everything in a good light not just feed or allow information. Also I highly doubt it was only this that lead to the decision. This in now way takes our team back and hinders us from winning games or improving the team.

The media is all over it and mad because it only affects them.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said "there's more to the story".
I'm not a fan of Mark Davis. I don't really know anything about him. You have to hand it to him, everyone said they would have to sell the Raiders. The vultures were circling including DeBartolo.
Somehow the Raiders stayed in the Davis family. A feat. Would you want DeBartolo as our owner? He tried very hard and was the most likely prospect. I don't like the guy.
Did Mark Davis do this on his own? I doubt it but he must have hired the right people.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Huh? Why? Confused

This isn't the way I feel. I'm suggesting that Mark is sensitive to the notion and that's how that particular paragraph comes across. However, I see you have reverted to your usual typical replies so I'll reply in kind so you can understand:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I win?

I believe he was quoting the movie "Tommy Boy", and not attacking your position. Classic movie btw.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Like others have said "there's more to the story".
I'm not a fan of Mark Davis. I don't really know anything about him. You have to hand it to him, everyone said they would have to sell the Raiders. The vultures were circling including DeBartolo.
Somehow the Raiders stayed in the Davis family. A feat. Would you want DeBartolo as our owner? He tried very hard and was the most likely prospect. I don't like the guy.
Did Mark Davis do this on his own? I doubt it but he must have hired the right people.

It's way to earlier to suggest Mark has secured ownership of the team. As long as Carol lives the inheritance tax doesn't come into play. I have suggested numerous times that Mark should strongly consider selling before his mother passes to avoid the potential tax bill that has forced the children of other owners to sell in the past.

The Raiders are the Davis family's primary source of income. Where this effects you is that an owner with short pockets could skimp on the type of facilities that don't generate revenue but attract/retain free-agents (such as practice fields) or staffing (limited only to coaches that come cheaply or can be fired cheaply).

I could care less about who the next owner is as long as he isn't cheap. As much as I like AEG and the things they do, corporate ownership is a model that has failed to be successful, iirc.

Bonez wrote:
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130602/SPORTS/130609930/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

Unfortunately, i can't disagree with this article. This firing isn't a huge deal on its own but it does tell us a lot about Mark Davis' mindset and what it tells me is he has no common sense. I'm now very worried about the nonsensical decision he could make whenever he feels like it.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130602/SPORTS/130609930/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

Unfortunately, i can't disagree with this article. This firing isn't a huge deal on its own but it does tell us a lot about Mark Davis' mindset and what it tells me is he has no common sense. I'm now very worried about the nonsensical decision he could make whenever he feels like it.

This is exactly how I feel about the move. Yeah, the Trotter article must have been tough on Mark but that isn't just cause for firing your PR guy. Not only that, but the move is completely non-sensical as it creates bad press for your organization. And now since you fired your PR guy, (who was doing a great job by the way) you have no way to come back from this. 'Makes Mark Davis look like a twit' is the perfect description.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: