Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: Contract Extensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Calvin Pace had 14 sacks in 5 seasons before joining the Jets. Johnson had 11.5 sacks last season alone.

As a DE. No more signing FAs and praying they can convert.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetsfan7817

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great post and I thought it could use a bump.

I do think that some (almost all) of the dollar amounts are a little high, but one can use this framework and trim a few million here and there depending on what you think is most likely. I think it's great that almost all options were considered rather than leave out guys who IMO will likely not be extended (like Harris).

I think we extend Wilkerson for something similar to Geno Atkins extension ($55/5). I think Kerley has a chance to be extended as well (his injury may actually have helped us in this regard, or it may actually lead us to not extending him this early), but that's it as far as young players.

The restructure that I'm most confused about is Cromartie. I think Cromartie will definitely be restructured, but I'm having a very hard time figuring out what that will look like (i.e telling the future). I don't think he'll be extended very far, but then what incentive does he have to restructure? Optimally, you can extend him for 1-2 years, hopefully dropping to cap hit to about 10 mil a year. What's better, Cro for 2014 at 14.9 mil cap hit or Cro from 2014-16 at 10 mil per? I guess his play the rest of the season will dictate how the Jets handle the negotiation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: