Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: Contract Extensions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 Free Agents:
Ducasse,McKnight, and Pace------2 might be gone before this season and he other might not finish the year on team

2015 Free Agents:
MUST KEEP---Wilkerson, Cromartie, and Kerley

ON THE BUBBLE(how they perform next year or 2 will determine)---Ellis,Harris,Wilson(he is interesting cause if he stays the same hell probably stay at reasonable rate but if he improves at all some team will pay him to be there starter but a slot corner is easier to replace then starter so lets hope Milliner is it)

DUMP/REPLACEABLE---Malone,McElroy,Schlauderoff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imaiden6669 wrote:
2014 Free Agents:
Ducasse,McKnight, and Pace------2 might be gone before this season and he other might not finish the year on team

2015 Free Agents:

ON THE BUBBLE(how they perform next year or 2 will determine)---Ellis,Harris,Wilson(he is interesting cause if he stays the same hell probably stay at reasonable rate but if he improves at all some team will pay him to be there starter but a slot corner is easier to replace then starter so lets hope Milliner is it)

Howard and Cumberland are 2014 Free Agents. Hayden Smith is an ERFA in 2014.
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
imaiden6669 wrote:
2014 Free Agents:

2015 Free Agents:

Howard and Cumberland are 2014 Free Agents. Hayden Smith is an ERFA in 2014.

they fall under the ON THE BUBBLE section

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Austin Howard is still young and probably hasn't reached his full potential yet. Now that teams have seen what he can do, let's see how well he does.

Yeah, this contract is in anticipation that he takes a step forward. If he does not perform that well, we could turn to Oday Aboushi in 2014.

I mean that's still a major step forward. I really think you are overestimating how much the cap is going to be pushed up. Howard right now and has only shown promise of being an average player and he should be paid that way.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers just signed Justin Smith to a two-year extension. This could give some insight into what kind of deal Wilkerson might receive.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy contract for Wilkerson thats a Tannenbaum contract. I think hes a real nice player but thats insane money for a 5-tech DE.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we don't end up paying Wilkerson almost $12 mil a year.

And we are better off letting Harris go then paying him that, hes getting slower, so its probably best to move on. Especially if Davis shows us a lot this season.

Kerley's contract seems about right.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Crazy contract for Wilkerson thats a Tannenbaum contract. I think hes a real nice player but thats insane money for a 5-tech DE.

He's a better player than Calais Campbell and I would say Campbell is worth the $11M AAV that he is getting from the Cardinals.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say if some of these contracts are worth it without the pivotal 2013-2014 season to help judge. Wilkerson's contract is slightly high, but if he really dominates this year then should be right. I'm not sure if I would trust Cromartie for a long term deal like that, but if he plays well again this year it'll be completely justified (I want to see if his focus finally just came from replacing Revis abruptly because now that he's officially the man he might revert back). Lots of ifs, personally I would let Harris go, but if Ryan is still around Harris will be back. I think line backers just need to be faster now with the game as it's, even at ILB then Harris is.

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I would say good bye to Harris and Wilson. Both are way over paid. They are average at best.

Harris is average at best? Rolling Eyes

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
green24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason La Canfora wrote:
If Wilkerson, who has freakish ability at 6-4, 315, has the type of breakthrough season I expect -- and, for those paying close attention, he was quietly stellar for this floundering team in 2012 -- then by this time next year he will be the face of this franchise, the focus of much more attention, and I figure, the benefactor of a fat new contract with something like $40 million guaranteed. He is that good, and those around here know it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23135188/young-d-line-star-wilkerson-becoming-just-what-new-jets-want
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Wilkerson is going to get paid after this season.

Thankfully we'll have a lot of cap room once we clear guys like Sanchez, Holmes, and Harris
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the salary cap increase you simply won't see some of those deals handed out--particularly Kerley's. Are you projecting future performances by Kerley? I'd anticipate him getting no more then an average of 4 million per season unless he really shines this year.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Even with the salary cap increase you simply won't see some of those deals handed out--particularly Kerley's. Are you projecting future performances by Kerley? I'd anticipate him getting no more then an average of 4 million per season unless he really shines this year.

Yeah, a little bit. If Geno starts, I think he can make a run at 1,000 yards.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

Yeah, a little bit. If Geno starts, I think he can make a run at 1,000 yards.

Kerley has a chance to be a poor mans victor cruz in this system and should catch plenty of balls.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: