Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's Talk: Fantasy Football
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

I'm aware that this might conflict with our leagues(although my team sucks so bad in the keeper league, i dont care anymore)

I'm opening to answer the questions you have on fantasy football, but feel free to step in answer them too!

First Question:

(Saw this in the fantasy thread)

Doug Martin or Jamaal Charles, standard league non-ppr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I'm aware that this might conflict with our leagues(although my team sucks so bad in the keeper league, i dont care anymore)

I'm opening to answer the questions you have on fantasy football, but feel free to step in answer them too!

First Question:

Charles is the top player on my board. I don't see them on the same tier.

To keep the question train rolling, how about some top five quarterbacks?

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

First Question:

Charles is your #1 RB Shocked

I think Brady, Rodgers, Peyton and Brees are pretty easily Top-4, but the 5th is tough. Matt Ryan, Kaep and Cam are up there

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

First Question:

I think Brady, Rodgers, Peyton and Brees are pretty easily Top-4, but the 5th is tough. Matt Ryan, Kaep and Cam are up there

There's no way AP repeats that performance, he's actually much more likely to really disappoint following such a heavy workload. I just think Charles is tailor-made for Andy Reid. I think he's going to have a special season if he stays healthy.

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

First Question:

There's no way AP repeats that performance, he's actually much more likely to really disappoint following such a heavy workload. I just think Charles is tailor-made for Andy Reid. I think he's going to have a special season if he stays healthy.

I guess JC could be Reid's Westbrook, I'm wondering if they will be down in more games and have to throw though, thats why id go Martin

I'm expecting a big year from Chris Johnson too with that OL improving but they could be down late alot too.

Thoughts on Larry Fitzgerald? Top-10 fantasy WR with Palmer there?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give the Muscle Hamster the slight edge over Charles.

Top 5 qbs

1. A Rodge
2. Brees
3. Manning
4. Brady (worried about his weapons, that's why he isn't top 3)
5. Matty Ice
6. Cameron Newton

Word of advice for everyone. When I post my draft in my money league, stay away from my first 2 round picks. Every year something happens to one of them.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
I'd give the Muscle Hamster the slight edge over Charles.

Top 5 qbs

1. A Rodge
2. Brees
3. Manning
4. Brady (worried about his weapons, that's why he isn't top 3)
5. Matty Ice
6. Cameron Newton

Word of advice for everyone. When I post my draft in my money league, stay away from my first 2 round picks. Every year something happens to one of them.

Haha, okay Laughing

Every year I get 2 RBs and a WR in the first 3 rounds, but im strongly considering going QB in round 1 if i can get an elite one. One of our leagues is 6 points for all TDs whereas the others are 4 points. I had Matt Ryan, but he was a little inconsistent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have high hopes for Lesean McCoy in the Chip Kelly offense

Id take Martin over Charles

Top 5 QBs

1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Russell Wilson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Top 5 QBs

1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Russell Wilson

Is Wilson going to throw enough to contend for top-5?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Top 5 QBs

1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Russell Wilson

He should get enough on the ground to warrant high expectations, but I'd say top five is a significant stretch.

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Top 5 QBs

1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Russell Wilson

He should get enough on the ground to warrant high expectations, but I'd say top five is a significant stretch.

If i was taking a runner, id go Cam simply because he will score alot of TDs on the ground and throw alot late in games

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I guess JC could be Reid's Westbrook, I'm wondering if they will be down in more games and have to throw though, thats why id go Martin

I'm expecting a big year from Chris Johnson too with that OL improving but they could be down late alot too.

I think Charles fits the mold of Andy's most productive runningbacks in that he can be very active in the passing game, but he has the added element of being the second or third most explosive runningbacks in football. Where you see Westbrook putting up his usual 1,300/600 with 12 TD's, you'll see Charles adding a handful of explosive plays to a similar statline. And because of his ability in the passing game, falling behind wouldn't hurt him as much as, say Adrian Peterson or MJD. Pretty much every player is a system player in some respect and I just see Charles being ideal for Reid's system and vise-versa (in a similar vein to how Marshal Faulk was perfect for Mike Martz).

I still think Fitzy is the second or third best receiver in football and Palmer will help to get him back in the top tier, but it seems Fitzy would be a slightly better fit in the west coast offense versus what will certainly be a very vertical offense down there. I think he gets back to an elite ball-player, but just shy of the top 5-7 fantasy receivers (CJ, AJ, Marshal, a healthy Percy, the guys in Atlanta and AJ being above him - not to mention Victor Cruz and probably a couple others who'll vie for that top group).

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Talk: Fantasy Football Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I think Charles fits the mold of Andy's most productive runningbacks in that he can be very active in the passing game, but he has the added element of being the second or third most explosive runningbacks in football. Where you see Westbrook putting up his usual 1,300/600 with 12 TD's, you'll see Charles adding a handful of explosive plays to a similar statline. And because of his ability in the passing game, falling behind wouldn't hurt him as much as, say Adrian Peterson or MJD. Pretty much every player is a system player in some respect and I just see Charles being ideal for Reid's system and vise-versa (in a similar vein to how Marshal Faulk was perfect for Mike Martz).

I still think Fitzy is the second or third best receiver in football and Palmer will help to get him back in the top tier, but it seems Fitzy would be a slightly better fit in the west coast offense versus what will certainly be a very vertical offense down there. I think he gets back to an elite ball-player, but just shy of the top 5-7 fantasy receivers (CJ, AJ, Marshal, a healthy Percy, the guys in Atlanta and AJ being above him - not to mention Victor Cruz and probably a couple others who'll vie for that top group).

I definitely overdrafted him, I'm worried that OL still wont give him enough time to shine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are guys flying under the radar(ranked 20-30 spots below where they should be overall)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 person league, 6 points all TDs. What would be the "ideal" spot and who would you hope to (realistically) get in the first 3 rounds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: