Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Da'Rick Rogers Learning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Da'Rick Rogers Learning Reply with quote

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/216460/4/Bills-WR-DaRick-Rogers-Learning-on-the-Job

Quote:

On Friday, the former Tennessee receiver often went one-on-one with second-year cornerback and LSU product Ron Brooks. On one particular play, Rogers made a tremendous leaping grab over Brooks, as both fell to the ground. A great play until Rogers popped back up and stood over Brooks in a taunting manner.

Rogers told Marrone he wouldn't do it in a game, to which Marrone said he wants Rogers to act in practice like he would act in a game.

Rogers explained his behavior was a product of the intense competition, mixed with the heat and the excitement of making a play. He went on to say it's something he has to work on.

Since it's super slow in here I figured it wouldn't hurt to post this.

Da'Rick stared down Ron Brooks after making a good catch (uh oh) but Marrone was quick to let him know you can't do that. Seems like Rogers recognized it as a problem he needs to correct and he needs to just let his play do the talking.

Not something we want him to be doing. Could jeopardize his roster spot if he acts this way. Hopefully he can correct it. This is the kind of stuff we have been warned of..

That said, I love the way Marrone talked about the situation. He handled it the right way as a coach should. Hope Rogers takes it seriously. We can't afford 15-yard penalties over show-off taunting.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we get enough penalties from Stevie... Laughing

I really hope he doesn't make this a habit. Hopefully he takes what the coaches say seriously, and lets his play do all the talking.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather him taunt on the field then get into trouble off it. I guess it would be nice if he could correct both.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
I'd rather him taunt on the field then get into trouble off it. I guess it would be nice if he could correct both.

That's a very good point!
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get "Rogers learning" out of this..

More like "Rogers being an [inappropriate/removed]"

Dont get me wrong.. I love the signing and think he has starter potential.. But I also think you are taking a negative thing and trying to call it positive..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Dont get me wrong.. I love the signing and think he has starter potential.. But I also think you are taking a negative thing and trying to call it positive..

Did you read the article title? You're coming off as a jerk, calm down. No need to attack me..

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/216460/4/Bills-WR-DaRick-Rogers-Learning-on-the-Job

I did not once say his actions were a positive thing. I said what Marrone did about the situation was a positive thing. If you watch the video, which you probably didn't, Rogers says he is going to take this as something he needs to work on and it won't happen again.

QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
I'd rather him taunt on the field than get into trouble off it. I guess it would be nice if he could correct both.

FIFY, you sounded like you wanted him to be a real tool Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
I'd rather him taunt on the field than get into trouble off it. I guess it would be nice if he could correct both.

FIFY, you sounded like you wanted him to be a real tool Laughing Laughing
lolz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Did you read the article title? You're coming off as a jerk, calm down. No need to attack me..

I did not once say his actions were a positive thing. I said what Marrone did about the situation was a positive thing. If you watch the video, which you probably didn't, Rogers says he is going to take this as something he needs to work on and it won't happen again.

wow.. please dont overreact..

I was "attacking" Rogers, not you..

Fans often wear the rosy glasses when thinking about the team/players.. I just feel like this is one of those cases where we shouldn't get over excited over something that is in no way a positive..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

wow.. please dont overreact..

I was "attacking" Rogers, not you..

Fans often wear the rosy glasses when thinking about the team/players.. I just feel like this is one of those cases where we shouldn't get over excited over something that is in no way a positive..

My apologies. When you said "you" I thought you were referring to me.

Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back on topic.

I really hope Marrone takes this stance with everyone on the team though. If Stevie does something stupid and gets us a 15 yard penalty in a game, he needs to take the same approach or what he laid out today is for nothing, especially for a young Rogers who will be learning from Stevie. No double standards.

Adopt-A-Bills:
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, But I don't see an issue "standing over" someone after making a big catch. I mean is that really going to draw a penalty? The TE's in New England have and do much worse "taunting actions".

As for the Stevie comments, he has been nothing but spectacular lately, I can't recall a single issue last season and lets not act like we would be fine without him. Stevie is by far are best WR and and all these youngsters should be learning from him.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this is, is media being really slow. I dont see this as a big deal, if he gets a penalty for it in the season you yell at him but to talk about cutting him because of this is just ridiculous. Once again the media has worked up Buffalo fans to make it sound like this is an important topic to talk about.

Look how many players have been arrested and have actually done something bad and still stayed on a team. Example, Goodson from the Jets guy had a gun and marijuana in his possession and is still on the team after signing a month before. The guy from the bears had a dui and has been arrested recently again for the 2nd time and still on the team. This guy looks at a DB and people think he will be an issue and is immature give me a break. Lets talk about something that matters

Thanks Max
billzz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Maybe it's just me, But I don't see an issue "standing over" someone after making a big catch. I mean is that really going to draw a penalty? The TE's in New England have and do much worse "taunting actions".

As for the Stevie comments, he has been nothing but spectacular lately, I can't recall a single issue last season and lets not act like we would be fine without him. Stevie is by far are best WR and and all these youngsters should be learning from him.

lmao at comparing rogers to gronk..

gronk can do whatever the hell he wants, he earned it. he maintains his level of play regardless. and the nfl protects him similarly to how the nba protects lebron..

i hope rogers can catch 17 td's and go for 1600 yards.. if he did that i wouldnt mind if he played with his genitals out.. until then think before you spew.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets just hope he's not Roy Williams 2.0 and celebrates every 1st down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: