Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans New Offense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Titans New Offense Reply with quote

http://presnapreads.com/2013/05/31/jake-locker-the-tennessee-titans-and-identity-not-being-optional/#more-832

Good read on the Titans new offense and the additions.

Also has a topic on it in NFL General where I'm sure alot of haters will join in.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember last year when we got all excited about the Run' N' Shoot offense.

I'll believe it when I see it! Just want them to stay on the field and maintain drives and put points on the board, and at the end of the game, protect a lead.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Jake Locker Article Reply with quote

Since this thread is barely used, I figured I'd start posting anything offense related on here and put a little more mileage on it. The other thread is pretty worn out. I'm pretty anxious to see what Loggains new offense is going to look like. Outside of knowing it's going to be a run-first offense and more physical, it's been a real enigma. Based on the moves made this offseason in coaches, talent, and attitude adjustments, it's hard for me to get a real lock on who to try and compare this offense to. Once we get everybody on board and up to par, I keep thinking of teams like the Saints, 49ers, the Bills' old K-Gun offense (my front runners), or perhaps something completely new. As usual, we just gotta wait and see.

In the meantime, this was a pretty interesting read, and I hope it pans out as such.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130623/COLUMNIST0202/306230056/Climer-Locker-s-early-career-mirrors-McNair-s
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in preparations for this season I began a new franchise on Madden. I signed Mendenhall to create a 2 back system. Drafted a guard in the 2nd and a wide out in the 1st. Tried to replicate our off season and signed no one the same haha. After 2 games CJ has 490 and 5 tds on limited carries and the defense has 2 shut outs. If only Madden translated in real life.

I'm really excited about this season, I think the 2 back system is really going to benefit CJ. He was a flat out stud with Lendale in the backfield with him, plus I'm extremely excited for Justin Hunter. I am really looking forward to seeing what Loggains has planned as well as seeing a hopefully healthy Britt along with Hunter, Wright and Washington. Also our oline is going to be disgusting! I hope...

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
EverythingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have the pieces for our offense to have a breakout year:
1) Locker is getting a full off season as the starter
2) CJ will be more rested in order to make big plays, because of the addition of Shonn Greene
3) Our offensive line is vastly improved
4) We have even more firepower with the addition of Hunter
5) Our defense is more aggressive and will allow our offense to have more time of possession

However, from the sample size with Loggains last year, our offense got drastically worse than it was under Palmer.

The top stat line per player is under Palmer, and the bottom stat line is under Loggains.

Chris Johnson:
Car/PG - Yrd/PG - AVG - TD/PG - Rec/PG - RYrd/PG - Yrd/Rec - TD/PG - CombYrds/PG - CombTouches/PG - Yrd/Touch
17.4 ---- 85.6 ---- 4.9 --- .4 ------ 2.4 ------ 15.9 ----- 6.7 ----- 0.0 ----- 101.5 ------------- 19.8 --------------- 5.2
17.0 ---- 60.0 ---- 3.5 --- .4 ------ 2.0 ------ 11.4 ----- 5.7 ----- 0.0 ----- 71.4 -------------- 19.0 --------------- 3.8

Jake Locker:
Comp % - YPA - T:I Ratio - Sacks/G - QBR
59.3% ---- 7.0 -- 7:4 ------- 0.8 ------- 84.5
53.1% ---- 6.9 -- 3:7 ------- 4.0 ------- 61.9

Kendall Wright:
Rec/PG - YPC - TD/PG - YPG
4.4 ------ 09.1 - .4 ------ 39.8
4.0 ------ 11.8 - .0 ------ 47.0

For Johnson, every statistical category dropped, except for touchdowns, which remained even.
For Locker every statistical category dropped, except for sacks. And NOBODY wants more sacks. 5 times as many sacks per game is horrible.
Of these three players, only Kendall Wright saw any improvement under Loggains. However, he did not get a single touchdown, when under the Palmer average he should have had 2 touchdowns when Loggains was OC. And touchdowns are more important that yards.

While it's certain that one could say it's because Loggains wasn't able to fully prepare his players for his newer offense, it also shows a lack in play-calling ability. So it actually seems like it's more necessary for Loggains to improve than for the actual players themselves to improve. Loggains will be the one who makes or breaks this offense, not any of the players.

#10 Jake Locker: He puts the "Ten", in Tennessee
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingTitan wrote:
We seem to have the pieces for our offense to have a breakout year:
1) Locker is getting a full off season as the starter
2) CJ will be more rested in order to make big plays, because of the addition of Shonn Greene
3) Our offensive line is vastly improved
4) We have even more firepower with the addition of Hunter
5) Our defense is more aggressive and will allow our offense to have more time of possession

However, from the sample size with Loggains last year, our offense got drastically worse than it was under Palmer.

The top stat line per player is under Palmer, and the bottom stat line is under Loggains.

Chris Johnson:
Car/PG - Yrd/PG - AVG - TD/PG - Rec/PG - RYrd/PG - Yrd/Rec - TD/PG - CombYrds/PG - CombTouches/PG - Yrd/Touch
17.4 ---- 85.6 ---- 4.9 --- .4 ------ 2.4 ------ 15.9 ----- 6.7 ----- 0.0 ----- 101.5 ------------- 19.8 --------------- 5.2
17.0 ---- 60.0 ---- 3.5 --- .4 ------ 2.0 ------ 11.4 ----- 5.7 ----- 0.0 ----- 71.4 -------------- 19.0 --------------- 3.8

Jake Locker:
Comp % - YPA - T:I Ratio - Sacks/G - QBR
59.3% ---- 7.0 -- 7:4 ------- 0.8 ------- 84.5
53.1% ---- 6.9 -- 3:7 ------- 4.0 ------- 61.9

Kendall Wright:
Rec/PG - YPC - TD/PG - YPG
4.4 ------ 09.1 - .4 ------ 39.8
4.0 ------ 11.8 - .0 ------ 47.0

For Johnson, every statistical category dropped, except for touchdowns, which remained even.
For Locker every statistical category dropped, except for sacks. And NOBODY wants more sacks. 5 times as many sacks per game is horrible.
Of these three players, only Kendall Wright saw any improvement under Loggains. However, he did not get a single touchdown, when under the Palmer average he should have had 2 touchdowns when Loggains was OC. And touchdowns are more important that yards.

While it's certain that one could say it's because Loggains wasn't able to fully prepare his players for his newer offense, it also shows a lack in play-calling ability. So it actually seems like it's more necessary for Loggains to improve than for the actual players themselves to improve. Loggains will be the one who makes or breaks this offense, not any of the players.

The problem with those numbers is this:

Quote:
Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.

Our offensive line went to complete crap after losing Hutch and Stewart.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

That's only because what was behind them was worse than complete crap.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

That's only because what was behind them was worse than complete crap.

Well it's good that we wasted no time addressing that problem in major ways. We finally removed the weak links along with adding 2, maybe 3, should-be premier players (Levitre, Warmack, Schwenke) in the interior, with a stronger depth.

Speaking of our O-line, does anybody know how close we are to finally getting Chance Warmack signed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: