Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Evan Rodriguez arrested again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
You know how fast you have to be going to be considered "speeding" in Illinois? At least 100 if he was on an interstate.
Not true, not even close.

I just got pulled over Tuesday for 70 in a 65 on I-57 just north of champaign. Some cops will pull you over for any thing

IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
You know how fast you have to be going to be considered "speeding" in Illinois? At least 100 if he was on an interstate.

I just got pulled over Tuesday for 70 in a 65 on I-57 just north of champaign. Some cops will pull you over for any thing

I'm not saying it never happens. I'm just saying more often than more often than not traffic on Chicagoland interstates is easily 75-90 and the cops don't seem to care. Particularly ridiculous are I-80 from the Indiana line to I-55 and the Bensenville Bridge area of 294. Outside of the Chicago area all bets are off.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez arrested again Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/bears-evan-rodriguez-arrested-for-second-time-this-offseason/

Not very smart....

dummy.
I do not get why people can be so inmature. The league is ready to forgive the ELITE but when you arent you better best behave - or your out the door.
They will cut him..that is my guess.. Mad
It isn't like NFL players have monopoly on drinking and driving. Who should get fired for doing this: everyone caught, or only special classes of people? Mickey Mantle could probably have been charged with this every day of his life, should he have been thrown out of baseball?

We are products of our culture to some extent and drinking and sports have gone together like hand and glove. It took a long time to become a drinking culture and will take a long time to stop being one. And, no I am not a big drinker myself and am fully aware of the damage alcohol does to people and families. Interestingly enough it was a huge political issue during the 1800s culminating in Prohibition.

A lot of people would probably get fired from their job if they got a DUI, including myself, and mine requires very little driving. A lot of bigger companies build things like that into corporate Codes of Conduct. Rodriguez's biggest blunder is that at an NFL salary he can obviously afford not to drive when he drinks which makes doing so all the more irresponsible, especially seeing as he was basically put on notice about being an idiot after the March incident. As was said before if this was a star player the team would be more inclined to show some leeway but for a mid-round guy who is far from established in the league the tendency is probably for the team to take a stronger position against this. The last thing the super conservative McCaskeys will want is for the team to foster an environment where acting outside the law is seen as acceptable to the franchise.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Cops outside of Champaign are jerks though, because they have nothing else to worry about besides speeders, whereas cops in chicago have other things to care about, and will only really do anything when, like IM said, someone is just being stupid/reckless.
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Cops outside of Champaign are jerks though, because they have nothing else to worry about besides speeders, whereas cops in chicago have other things to care about, and will only really do anything when, like IM said, someone is just being stupid/reckless.

Yeah, I was more so just venting about getting pulled over for going 5 over the speed limit lol...

Still if they see you stumble to your car or act stupid they can find any reason to pull you over. Being a young kid in what I'm guessing is a flashy car could be reason enough.

Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do need a traditional FB, I hope next offseason we get a look at Erik Lorig. He's and UFA and the few games I've seen he has really made some huge blocks for Martin. The guy is 6'4", 275 lbs, and has a mean streak. I doubt he hits the market, but there is always wishful thinking. Being a FB he still won't warrant too much, especially since he's not much of a receiver or runner, he's just a fast (4.86 at 275), undersized lineman basically.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Yeah, I was more so just venting about getting pulled over for going 5 over the speed limit lol...

Still if they see you stumble to your car or act stupid they can find any reason to pull you over. Being a young kid in what I'm guessing is a flashy car could be reason enough.

The town I work in, we'll give you 14 over the limit. Once you hit 15+ over, you're getting a ticket; but 14 over and we won't even look at you twice.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

The town I work in, we'll give you 14 over the limit. Once you hit 15+ over, you're getting a ticket; but 14 over and we won't even look at you twice.

The number we've all been dying to know!

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Where are you working at now?

Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000208444/article/evan-rodriguez-issues-statement-after-second-arrest

Quote:
Two days after he was arrested for the second time this offseason, Chicago Bears tight end Evan Rodriguez released a statement on his most recent troubles.

"I am deeply sorry for the incident that occurred the other night," the statement read. "I want to apologize to the entire Bears organization, my teammates, coaches and Bears fans everywhere. I realize that I made a very poor decision. I know that more is expected of me and that I let a lot of people down that are counting on me. I will make positive changes in my life so that this doesn't happen again."
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'm interning in a southwest suburb near Downers Grove and Hinsdale (I'm not going to specify), but I'm interviewing for a job with Streamwood and Lake in the Hills this summer.

AZBearsFan wrote:

ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:

I'm interning in a southwest suburb near Downers Grove and Hinsdale (I'm not going to specify), but I'm interviewing for a job with Streamwood and Lake in the Hills this summer.

That's cool. I just moved to streamwood. Good luck with the interviews!

G08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000208444/article/evan-rodriguez-issues-statement-after-second-arrest

Quote:
Two days after he was arrested for the second time this offseason, Chicago Bears tight end Evan Rodriguez released a statement on his most recent troubles.

"I am deeply sorry for the incident that occurred the other night," the statement read. "I want to apologize to the entire Bears organization, my teammates, coaches and Bears fans everywhere. I realize that I made a very poor decision. I know that more is expected of me and that I let a lot of people down that are counting on me. I will make positive changes in my life so that this doesn't happen again."

Stupid kid making a stupid mistake.

I'll be shocked if Emery cuts his 4th pick from his first draft as a GM.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'm calling Clarendon Hills or Westmont. Got my first speeding ticket in Westmont when I was 16. 53 in a 35... Oops!

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I'm calling Clarendon Hills or Westmont. Got my first speeding ticket in Westmont when I was 16. 53 in a 35... Oops!

Close, but no cigar. I know a Westmont cop, but he was just recently hired.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: