Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Evan Rodriguez arrested again
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Evan Rodriguez arrested again Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/bears-evan-rodriguez-arrested-for-second-time-this-offseason/

Not very smart....

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
ChiBear

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez arrested again Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/bears-evan-rodriguez-arrested-for-second-time-this-offseason/

Not very smart....

dummy.
I do not get why people can be so inmature. The league is ready to forgive the ELITE but when you arent you better best behave - or your out the door.
They will cut him..that is my guess.. Mad
Landru

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a loser.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow again. I really thought he would be able to contribute to the team this year. Doesn't look like he'll be here much longer now.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Wow again. I really thought he would be able to contribute to the team this year. Doesn't look like he'll be here much longer now.

After the comments from Phil on his last arrest....I dont think his stay is going to last much longer.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut him. I was rooting for him but after this he does not deserve to be in the NFL. He's far too stupid and irrational to depend on if he's willing to drink and drive.

Dallas Clark, Kevin Boss, Chris Cooley, Leonard Pope, and David Thomas can all step in as a one year patchwork back up TE for minimal money. Thomas actually was just playing for the Saints so he already has a head-start on the system.

If he was going to be in the backfield much then a FB might be needed, and I think Mike Cox might be the best available.There really isn't much talent there now. Don't really know much about him, but looking up on him others said he progressed as a run blocker for ATL last year. Might just have to wait for a guy to get cut and pounce when they do if they desire a solid run blocker from the backfield.

I would rather Kyle Adams step up and be the receiving threat we would like from a number two TE. The ceiling isn't high for him but as long as he is efficient and not a liability we would be fine.

Maneri is suppose to be a great run blocker but has only caught 6 passes, and Eldridge and Onobun just seems to be bodies. Outside of Bennett though, Brody has caught the most passes of the TEs we have at an illustrious 14. Laughing

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Cut him. I was rooting for him but after this he does not deserve to be in the NFL. He's far too stupid and irrational to depend on if he's willing to drink and drive.

Dallas Clark, Kevin Boss, Chris Cooley, Leonard Pope, and David Thomas can all step in as a one year patchwork back up TE for minimal money. Thomas actually was just playing for the Saints so he already has a head-start on the system.

If he was going to be in the backfield much then a FB might be needed, and I think Mike Cox might be the best available.There really isn't much talent there now. Don't really know much about him, but looking up on him others said he progressed as a run blocker for ATL last year. Might just have to wait for a guy to get cut and pounce when they do if they desire a solid run blocker from the backfield.

I would rather Kyle Adams step up and be the receiving threat we would like from a number two TE. The ceiling isn't high for him but as long as he is efficient and not a liability we would be fine.

Maneri is suppose to be a great run blocker but has only caught 6 passes, and Eldridge and Onobun just seems to be bodies. Outside of Bennett though, Brody has caught the most passes of the TEs we have at an illustrious 14. Laughing

I thought I remembered hearing that David Thomas signed somewhere. I agree that he would be a good fit for our team.

Rodriguez is an idiot though. If he was ever going to get a big chance to make a splash in the NFL this was going to be the season and it seems to me that he screwed that up now. I think there is a very good chance the team not only shows him how quickly the window can close in the league but also uses him as an example for behavior that will not be tolerated. Trestman wants to lead men and will treat his team like men but expects them to act like men in return. Rodriguez really seems incapable of doing that at this point.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how fast you have to be going to be considered "speeding" in Illinois? At least 100 if he was on an interstate.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
You know how fast you have to be going to be considered "speeding" in Illinois? At least 100 if he was on an interstate.

Rolling Eyes
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

This is a bit personal but I actually got a DUI when I was 24 on thanksgiving night, I was initially pulled over for going 70 in a 55(the IL speed limit)

This dude was still stupid though, you gotta keep your nose clean after one incident.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

I thought I remembered hearing that David Thomas signed somewhere. I agree that he would be a good fit for our team.

Rodriguez is an idiot though. If he was ever going to get a big chance to make a splash in the NFL this was going to be the season and it seems to me that he screwed that up now. I think there is a very good chance the team not only shows him how quickly the window can close in the league but also uses him as an example for behavior that will not be tolerated. Trestman wants to lead men and will treat his team like men but expects them to act like men in return. Rodriguez really seems incapable of doing that at this point.

Just did a quick check to make sure, Wikipedia and NFL.com both have him listed as an unrestricted free agent, and nfldraftscout shows that he was cut on 02/21/13, but that was the last update on him. His statistical profile still shows up with the Saints logo, but they generally do that for people until they resign elsewhere. Another such example of their delaying of updating is the G Tyronne Green. He was recently released by the Pats, but is a free agent. but his profile still shows up under the Pats.

I do like the idea of giving him a shot, as he didn't get a lot of reps with Graham obviously being one of the elite TEs in the game. This also means he won't require but a minimal contract, and Clark you just don't know if he still has the speed or agility he use to have when he was a very respected threat at TE. It is hard to say as he had the wrist issue in 2011 and Manning was out, so he had no help there. And then Freeman was highly erratic last year. I truthfully have no clue if he has anything left in the tank, but if he does I would be happy and believe he would be worth a look if we are going to still need the H-back. He seems to be the best fit for that mold, Thomas for the traditional TE, and I think Maneri is best suited for the run blocker. I think getting Thomas and Clark in for a tryout would at least be worthwhile when E-Rod gets cut. Let them and Adams fight it out for the number two, and let Maneri be the #3 (unless he performs poorly in camp, then take the top 2).

There will be suitable backup TEs in the draft and inexpensive quality depth at TE in the free agency, so either way we just need a band-aid for this season, we've already got the quality starter. Who knows, now that we have a real offensive mind in the coaching staff (several now actually) we might get to see Adams showcase some talent and development. I'm always in favor of competition though.

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Not true, not even close.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez arrested again Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Not very smart....

dummy.
I do not get why people can be so inmature. The league is ready to forgive the ELITE but when you arent you better best behave - or your out the door.
They will cut him..that is my guess.. Mad
It isn't like NFL players have monopoly on drinking and driving. Who should get fired for doing this: everyone caught, or only special classes of people? Mickey Mantle could probably have been charged with this every day of his life, should he have been thrown out of baseball?

We are products of our culture to some extent and drinking and sports have gone together like hand and glove. It took a long time to become a drinking culture and will take a long time to stop being one. And, no I am not a big drinker myself and am fully aware of the damage alcohol does to people and families. Interestingly enough it was a huge political issue during the 1800s culminating in Prohibition.
dabears32

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Seconded. I've found Illinois cops/troopers to be particularly stringent.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Seconded. I've found Illinois cops/troopers to be particularly stringent.

Certain towns especially. My one ticket that was ever actually given to me is for going 37 in a 35. While it was dismissed, it still shows on my record.

I think he may have meant the likelihood of getting caught in southern Illinois? At times there are some large gaps of interstate without a town. So cops can be scarce between the little towns. That's just an idea though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: