Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conner Vernon Impressing at OTA's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34045
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
He's of caucasian persuasion so people just assume he plays in the slot.


I was going to mention that part too.


No I assume he's going to play the slot because his skillset is similar to players who have had success there. This race thing is flipping ridiculous.


Agreed. It's pretty evident IMO.


If anything, saying that the only reason fans think he'll do well in the slot is because he's is is being racist. But whatever.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?

FTR, I never liked Shields


That's exactly what I meant, how did you know? You must be some kind of sorcerer. No Raiders WR will ever be good because Arman Shields. And it stems solely from you never liking him.


The irony is that you "never liked" a WR we drafted but you get upset when people dog undrafted guys. You're allowed to dislike bad players but we aren't?


jeez you are touchy

anyway, I don't even know what the second statement means. Who do I get upset about people dogging? I'd like a list since you said "guys"

and who's a bad player? Vernon? Well, he wasn't in college, and he hasn't proved it in the NFL, so not sure how you're labeling him a bad player already.

I didn't dislike Arman Shields because he was a "bad player". When we drafted him I just never thought he was going to amount to anything, didn't mean he couldn't go out and prove me wrong. Not sure what you're getting at.

You can like or dislike whoever the heck you want, not sure why you need my approval? Just because I defend certain players or dislike certain players doesn't mean you can't like or dislike certain players, Still not sure what is so earth moving or ironic about the fact that I like Vernon and didn't like Shields. I guess your rule is that it's ironic if someone likes an undrafted player but not a drafted player, is that not allowed?

Not trying to be an a hole, just trying to see what's so ironic about the fact that I didn't like Shields as a prospect, but like Vernon, and why you feel that you aren't allowed to dislike Vernon? Also, who did I "dog"?
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S


Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3811
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?

FTR, I never liked Shields


That's exactly what I meant, how did you know? You must be some kind of sorcerer. No Raiders WR will ever be good because Arman Shields. And it stems solely from you never liking him.


The irony is that you "never liked" a WR we drafted but you get upset when people dog undrafted guys. You're allowed to dislike bad players but we aren't?


jeez you are touchy

anyway, I don't even know what the second statement means. Who do I get upset about people dogging? I'd like a list since you said "guys"

and who's a bad player? Vernon? Well, he wasn't in college, and he hasn't proved it in the NFL, so not sure how you're labeling him a bad player already.

I didn't dislike Arman Shields because he was a "bad player". When we drafted him I just never thought he was going to amount to anything, didn't mean he couldn't go out and prove me wrong. Not sure what you're getting at.


Not touchy, you just go overboard constantly. I mention Arman Shields and you take that as no WR will ever be good on the Raiders...you've always been the shock factor guy anyway so nothing new.

The same thing you say for Shields is what people say about this kid. Why else wouldn't anyone like him?? Of course its only because we think he won't amount to much. And as far as players you are strangely overprotective of, McGloin is another guy. So there's another. Neither of these guys stand much of a chance of amounting to a roster spot, just like Arman. You go ahead and let your emotions get in the way of probability.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3811
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?

FTR, I never liked Shields


That's exactly what I meant, how did you know? You must be some kind of sorcerer. No Raiders WR will ever be good because Arman Shields. And it stems solely from you never liking him.


The irony is that you "never liked" a WR we drafted but you get upset when people dog undrafted guys. You're allowed to dislike bad players but we aren't?


jeez you are touchy

anyway, I don't even know what the second statement means. Who do I get upset about people dogging? I'd like a list since you said "guys"

and who's a bad player? Vernon? Well, he wasn't in college, and he hasn't proved it in the NFL, so not sure how you're labeling him a bad player already.

I didn't dislike Arman Shields because he was a "bad player". When we drafted him I just never thought he was going to amount to anything, didn't mean he couldn't go out and prove me wrong. Not sure what you're getting at.


Not touchy, you just go overboard constantly. I mention Arman Shields and you take that as no WR will ever be good on the Raiders...you've always been the shock factor guy anyway so nothing new.

The same thing you say for Shields is what people say about this kid. Why else wouldn't anyone like him?? Of course its only because we think he won't amount to much. And as far as players you are strangely overprotective of, McGloin is another guy. So there's another. Neither of these guys stand much of a chance of amounting to a roster spot, just like Arman. You go ahead and let your emotions get in the way of probability.


McGloin is a prospect I like because I've followed for so long at PSU. I'm not over protective of him at all as I've even said his potential in the NFL is as a career back up. All I said is he won't go down without making an impression. Not sure who I "dogged" in terms of "protecting" him though.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?


I simply said that because it's obvious what you were implying. It gets annoying when people act like we can't talk about the future of a prospect because, admittedly, we've had so many busts at WR. Unless you were legitimately concerned about Arman Shields. Yeah your point is valid, but it doesn't mean people can't get excited about someone, every year is different.

And I appreciate the compliments from you. You should look in the mirror (or your first response to me) when calling me over emotional....
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S


Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
He's of caucasian persuasion so people just assume he plays in the slot.


I was going to mention that part too.


No I assume he's going to play the slot because his skillset is similar to players who have had success there. This race thing is flipping ridiculous.


This. Vernon has a slot WR skill set and the race thing in ridiculous.

My issue with Vernon is he is a glider. He really only has one speed. He doesn't get open with quick cuts and separation. He's going to be a guy who makes a living finding holes in the zones and making himself a target.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3811
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?


I simply said that because it's obvious what you were implying. It gets annoying when people act like we can't talk about the future of a prospect because, admittedly, we've had so many busts at WR. Unless you were legitimately concerned about Arman Shields. Yeah your point is valid, but it doesn't mean people can't get excited about someone, every year is different.


Go ahead and get excited for him, I think we all route for every Raider (well, most of us). We'd all love to see him become the next Tim Brown, but realistically he will be lucky to make any impact in the NFL. If he does become anything ill be the first to say you were right--I hope that happens in this case. But as for me I am (word of the day) hampering expectations of him even making the team.

As for Arman, I brought him up only because every other mid-late round WR had been mentioned and I literally wondered what he's doing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3811
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?


I simply said that because it's obvious what you were implying. It gets annoying when people act like we can't talk about the future of a prospect because, admittedly, we've had so many busts at WR. Unless you were legitimately concerned about Arman Shields. Yeah your point is valid, but it doesn't mean people can't get excited about someone, every year is different.

And I appreciate the compliments from you. You should look in the mirror (or your first response to me) when calling me over emotional....


Laughing had to throw that last part in again huh? Take your Midol and relax.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?


I simply said that because it's obvious what you were implying. It gets annoying when people act like we can't talk about the future of a prospect because, admittedly, we've had so many busts at WR. Unless you were legitimately concerned about Arman Shields. Yeah your point is valid, but it doesn't mean people can't get excited about someone, every year is different.


Go ahead and get excited for him, I think we all route for every Raider (well, most of us). We'd all love to see him become the next Tim Brown, but realistically he will be lucky to make any impact in the NFL. If he does become anything ill be the first to say you were right--I hope that happens in this case. But as for me I am (word of the day) hampering expectations of him even making the team.

As for Arman, I brought him up only because every other mid-late round WR had been mentioned and I literally wondered what he's doing.


I never said anything like that man, slow down lol. I think he can be successful from what I see when watching/evaluating him, his work ethic and mind set. but it's far from a guarantee. He still has limitations, and can very well be a non factor, I'm not that naive to sit here and say every player on the roster is a future pro bowler.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?


I simply said that because it's obvious what you were implying. It gets annoying when people act like we can't talk about the future of a prospect because, admittedly, we've had so many busts at WR. Unless you were legitimately concerned about Arman Shields. Yeah your point is valid, but it doesn't mean people can't get excited about someone, every year is different.

And I appreciate the compliments from you. You should look in the mirror (or your first response to me) when calling me over emotional....


Laughing had to throw that last part in again huh? Take your Midol and relax.


I'm just saying. You're the same way and don't even realize it, it's why we clash a lot. At least I can admit I'm a bit of a hot head Wink
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3811
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Haha you can add whatever you want, but with comprehension like this there's no reasoning with the unreasonable:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Wonder what Arman Shields is up to these days.


So no WR will ever be good for us because Shields was a bust?


I simply said that because it's obvious what you were implying. It gets annoying when people act like we can't talk about the future of a prospect because, admittedly, we've had so many busts at WR. Unless you were legitimately concerned about Arman Shields. Yeah your point is valid, but it doesn't mean people can't get excited about someone, every year is different.

And I appreciate the compliments from you. You should look in the mirror (or your first response to me) when calling me over emotional....


Laughing had to throw that last part in again huh? Take your Midol and relax.


I'm just saying. You're the same way and don't even realize it, it's why we clash a lot. At least I can admit I'm a bit of a hot head Wink


I realize it. I'd venture to guess I'm one of the biggest hot heads on here. We clash a lot, plus I've clashed with almost everyone here. Word-twisting irks me to no end though, but in this case it sounds more like it was a miscommunication. Vernon is not Shields, and will not have any worse of a non-career than Shields. Shields amounted to nothing and his career is over, like you said Vernon remains to be seen. I hope what you say you observe in Vernon translates to a WR worthy of a spot on the team. Summer months are for following these unknown guys so let's find out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
He's of caucasian persuasion so people just assume he plays in the slot.


I was going to mention that part too.


No I assume he's going to play the slot because his skillset is similar to players who have had success there. This race thing is flipping ridiculous.


Agreed. It's pretty evident IMO.


If anything, saying that the only reason fans think he'll do well in the slot is because he's is is being racist. But whatever.


Just think, he'd come around more if I wasn't here. Maybe I should leave Smile

I can't wait until we have more things to talk about. The NFL off-season is so weak LOL. Baseball will suffice but I don't really get too into it until August.

Regardless, I'm liking Vernon and what he brings to the table. I almost wish we'd get rid of Ford and his injury issues so we could potentially keep McGuffie and Vernon. IMO, we have the most odd WR corp in the NFL. No big names but the potential is huge from top to bottom for the most part.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10108
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
He's of caucasian persuasion so people just assume he plays in the slot.


I was going to mention that part too.


No I assume he's going to play the slot because his skillset is similar to players who have had success there. This race thing is flipping ridiculous.


Agreed. It's pretty evident IMO.


If anything, saying that the only reason fans think he'll do well in the slot is because he's is is being racist. But whatever.


Just think, he'd come around more if I wasn't here. Maybe I should leave Smile

I can't wait until we have more things to talk about. The NFL off-season is so weak LOL. Baseball will suffice but I don't really get too into it until August.

Regardless, I'm liking Vernon and what he brings to the table. I almost wish we'd get rid of Ford and his injury issues so we could potentially keep McGuffie and Vernon. IMO, we have the most odd WR corp in the NFL. No big names but the potential is huge from top to bottom for the most part.


See I wouldn't go that route yet. I like Vernon as well, but I don't think we can afford to cut Ford, one of the few proven guys we have at WR, for un proven UDFA's quite yet. Now if he gets injured again, that's a different story, but until then I think he needs to stay with us for at least another year until these young guys we have get some time in and show they can play in pads.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

See I wouldn't go that route yet. I like Vernon as well, but I don't think we can afford to cut Ford, one of the few proven guys we have at WR, for un proven UDFA's quite yet. Now if he gets injured again, that's a different story, but until then I think he needs to stay with us for at least another year until these young guys we have get some time in and show they can play in pads.


I agree w/ your logic completely. I'm just sick of Ford always getting hurt. But you know what, now that I think about it, might as well keep Ford b/c odds are, he'll get hurt again and then we'll have that opportunity to bring those other guys onto the squad to get some PT.

I retract my previous statement. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction LOL
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group