Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your NFC North rival?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your top rival?
Vikings
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Packers
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Bears
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Who is your NFC North rival? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was thinking about the NFC North today and I came to the conclusion that whenever the Vikings, Packers, and Bears play against each other that is a rivarly game. The Lions are kind of left out. Is there any truth to my opinion or am I just crazy?

Who do you guys think of as your top rival?
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we really dont have one. I see the Browns as more of a rival than any of the North teams. but that has historical relevance and present day suckiness relevance.

lions are somewhat like university of Arkansas. the hogs view Texas and LSU as their rivals, but neither of them schools view the Hogs as their rivals.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably agree with FTW. I consider the Browns more of a rival. But in terms of NFC North... despite lacking a true rival in the fans eyes, the Packers/Lions obviously don't like each other, and I always like games against the Bears.
Lions017

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Green Bay, even if it hasn't been much of a rivalry lately in terms of wins/losses.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say the Bears due to proximity. Green Bay and Minnesota are too far away to be true rivals as much as division foes. The Packers, like the Wolverines and Ohio State in the Big10, seem to be everyone else's main rival. It seems like Chicago fans who drive over for the gameday hold more animosity at Lions home games vs Packers and Vikings fans who fly OT drive in for the weekend, in my opinion. Maybe it's driving with Chicago drivers that gets them all riled up. Laughing
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the Lions dismal record the last decade the rivalries have been quiet.

As a fan its Green Bay.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Chicago. I hate all Chicago sports and the hatred has ballooned due to that. I really dislike GB, but would rather lose to them over Chicago any day.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say none. We really don't care enough about any team to hate them. We have to play each team twice, so the games are important, but outside of that, we don't really have a in division rival.
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I say Chicago. I hate all Chicago sports and the hatred has ballooned due to that. I really dislike GB, but would rather lose to them over Chicago any day.

That about sums it up for me. And even though I'd love to see us knock them off, I have a hard time hating Green Bay, they build their program the right way, and they're from a town as small as the one I live in.

Bears I hate, always want to beat them, White Sox I hate the most, and the Bulls I will always hate.

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our rival?

I'd say it switches off. It's either our front office, our coaches, or our own players at any given time.

Realistically I'd say the Bears. A lot of my friends are Bears fans, so that adds something. Plus I think we're fairly even in terms of skill on the field despite how much better we should be on paper. Plus I'm not a big fan of Chicago in almost any facet.

I dislike the Vikings the most, and it's for no good reason. I tend to get along very well with their fans, most of whom, (at least that I've met) seem to be very classy. I just don't like them. I have no idea why. This might sound ridiculous to even mention, but purple is one of my favorite colors, so there's no unconscious causation due to uniform or anything there. It's weird.

The Packers... That's a confusing one. Some of their fans are among the best people I've met. I find many, many more to be particularly abrasive. I don't dislike the team... In fact, I'm actually very jealous of their history, their FO, their ownership, and their stadium. They're also much, much better than we are. I find it difficult to even consider them rivals. My father quit on the Lions in the 60's and somehow managed to switch his allegiance to GB. I often wish I could do the same thing... but

A; I can't simply throw a switch like that and

B; after sticking with the Leos through this much misery, how can you possibly give up for another team? I'm actually proud that I love them as much as I do regardless of how little joy they've given me in my entire lifetime.

I guess I'll go with the Bears... I doubt they'd say the same though.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Packers the most.

As far as who the Lions actual rival is...No one?

Bears v Packers, Packers v Vikings, Vikings v Bears are all rivalries to some extent.

Just dont see the Lions really being a rival to anyone. No solid background against any of these teams or player v player rivalries even. Lions have been a punching bag for too long.
JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana badboy wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

That about sums it up for me. And even though I'd love to see us knock them off, I have a hard time hating Green Bay, they build their program the right way, and they're from a town as small as the one I live in.

Bears I hate, always want to beat them, White Sox I hate the most, and the Bulls I will always hate.

+1. Between the Bears, the ChiSox, and the Blackhawks, Chicago teams are the most annoying to lose to.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the Packers, just since I have the most dislike for them. Bears are a close second though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Probably the Packers, just since I have the most dislike for them. Bears are a close second though.
pretty much this
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
tippitover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMcTilty wrote:
Montana badboy wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

+1. Between the Bears, the ChiSox, and the Blackhawks, Chicago teams are the most annoying to lose to.

+2 I cannot stand the bears. I'm ok getting it handed to me by the Vikes and Packers but I loath the bears with every inch of my person.

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: