Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Martin - Is He The Answer At Left Tackle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
My prediction is that he ends up being by PFF standards the 14th ranked LT in 2013.

I hope you are right, Maddogg. Out of curiosity, what makes you think he will make that much of a jump, especially considering he will be going up against elite pass rushers this season on the left side?
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
My prediction is that he ends up being by PFF standards the 14th ranked LT in 2013.

I hope you are right, Maddogg. Out of curiosity, what makes you think he will make that much of a jump, especially considering he will be going up against elite pass rushers this season on the left side?

I don't know? I wouldn't say elite pass rushers tend to line up on the LT? I think they line up on the right side just as often. Wake was lined up over the RT most of the time last year.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't we be optimistic about the growth of a rookie. Jake Long played like crap since 2010. It was predicted he would play horribly and he exceeded those predictions. Bet a nice size group wanted him back. i don't get that at all.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I'm factoring in :

1) Intelligence
2) Weight/Muscle/Strength gain
3) Back to his natural side. I do believe putting him at RT screwed up his mechanics.
4) One year. No longer being a rookie which can be overwhelming.
5) Gut feeling, even though I had tacos last night.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: