Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions claim QB Thad Lewis off waivers

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8414
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Lions claim QB Thad Lewis off waivers Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/article/20130528/SPORTS01/305280118/detroit-lions-thaddeus-lewis

Quote:

The Lions added competition for Moore on Tuesday, when they were claimed quarterback Thaddeus Lewis off waivers from the Cleveland Browns.

Lewis appeared in one game in his first three NFL seasons, starting the season finale for the Browns last year. He completed 22 of 32 passes with one touchdown and one interception in a 24-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.


Quote:
Hill has not taken part in Organized Team Activities after telling the Free Press he underwent minor foot surgery earlier this off-season. The 33-year-old is entering the final season of his contract.



What do you make of this? Will he make it out of camp? Does this pave Kellen Moores road out of town? Or do they cut Shaun Hill and save some money?


Last edited by Louis Friend on Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Detroitlions703


Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Posts: 11393
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Shaun Hill for a 7th or cut Kellen Moore. Either one is fine with me
_________________
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Pats4ever wrote:
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.


Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to look this guy up honestly. Seems like he played a game last year as a reserve and did( Ok ). Not sure, but my feelings are he'll replace Shaun Hill in the long run and Kellen Moore will be shown the door this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun Hill is one of the best backups and at relatively cheap.

Thad Lewis in, Kellen Moore out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19314
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Shaun Hill is one of the best backups and at relatively cheap.

Thad Lewis in, Kellen Moore out.


Agree with this. But I don't think Hill is resigned after this year, and this means maybe they don't think Moore can ever be more than a 3rd stringer.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They got rid of Carder already... What do that see in crap stain Kellen Moore...other than wins in college...so what Titus Yound had good career and he was great wasn't he...sometimes i really question Mayhew
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34878
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
They got rid of Carder already... What do that see in crap stain Kellen Moore...other than wins in college...so what Titus Yound had good career and he was great wasn't he...sometimes i really question Mayhew


Talk about overreacting.

Oh noes, I disagree about our 3rd string QB who barring complete disaster will never see a meaningful snap during the season. Mayhew sux!!!

Alex Carder wasn't very good either. For the record, I dont like Moore either, but your response seems over the top.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Lions add quarterback Thaddeus Lewis off waivers from Cleveland Browns


Quote:
Kellen Moore didnít see the field in his first season as the Detroit Lionsí No. 3 quarterback, and now heíll have to earn his way to a second season.

The Lions added competition for Moore on Tuesday, when they were claimed quarterback Thaddeus Lewis off waivers from the Cleveland Browns.


Quote:
Lewis appeared in one game in his first three NFL seasons, starting the season finale for the Browns last year. He completed 22 of 32 passes with one touchdown and one interception in a 24-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Moore made the Lions as an undrafted free agent out of Boise State last year after completing 52.6 percent of his passes in the preseason.

Lewis, 25, went undrafted out of Duke in 2010.

The Lions also have Alex Carder, an undrafted rookie out of Western Michigan, on their roster, though heís a long shot to make the team.


Feel free to copy and paste that into the OP later if you want, Louis.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
They got rid of Carder already... What do that see in crap stain Kellen Moore...other than wins in college...so what Titus Yound had good career and he was great wasn't he...sometimes i really question Mayhew


Talk about overreacting.

Oh noes, I disagree about our 3rd string QB who barring complete disaster will never see a meaningful snap during the season. Mayhew sux!!!

Alex Carder wasn't very good either. For the record, I dont like Moore either, but your response seems over the top.


[Link removed by Mod]
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
1King wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
They got rid of Carder already... What do that see in crap stain Kellen Moore...other than wins in college...so what Titus Yound had good career and he was great wasn't he...sometimes i really question Mayhew


Talk about overreacting.

Oh noes, I disagree about our 3rd string QB who barring complete disaster will never see a meaningful snap during the season. Mayhew sux!!!

Alex Carder wasn't very good either. For the record, I dont like Moore either, but your response seems over the top.


[Link removed by Mod]


That may have been in good fun, but it's against the rules and stuff like that just isn't cool and usually doesn't go over well. Try to avoid posting stuff like that going forward.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lions017


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 5051
Location: Alaska
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Kellen Moore sticking around as a #3 QB for a while...but I don't even see him being a good backup anymore. He just doesn't have the arm, and that makes him expendable. The one benefit is that he probably knows the system fairly well by now.

In any case, I don't think that Lewis or Moore will be a long-term backup for us. When Shaun Hill goes we'll either have to sign or even draft someone to take his place. A good backup QB is really important, IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in the event that someone was wondering....

Kellen Moore's Carrer Stats (Pre-Season): 41/78, 434 yards (5.6 Avg.), 1 TD, 2 INT, 9 Sacks, 4 Rushing Attempts for 7 Yards, 1 TD, 1 Fumble. 62.7 QB Rating. Games against Cleveland, Baltimore, Oakland and Buffalo in cleanup time. He's never attempted more than 30 passes in a game (Buffalo).
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group