Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA thread to puts stuff inz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 34m
The hype is real. AJ Jenkins with another amazing catch, this time full body diving over the middle to haul in Kaepernick laser.

Take that Grant!!!!!

Based on all the media...its hard not getting a little bit excited about Jenkins. Still need to see him in game situations before I start believing anything, where people are going to play him physical, but this is eons better than what we were hearing at this time last year (wasn't this about the time that Harbaugh had to proclaim that Jenkins wasn't a bust?)

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 32m
Bowman and Asomugha with INTs, Vance McDonald made two nice downfield receptions on throws behind him to close out #49ers minicamp.

Vance McDonald has been a STUD all offseason. Great to hear that he continues to make down field catches.

I have been super impressed and very excited about what I'm hearing about McDonald. I liked him as a prospect, but he was number 4 on my board, and I thought we may have made a mistake passing on Kelce for him. But every step of the way there's been nothing but very good talk about McDonald. Does anyone else think, based on VD's salary, that if McDonald has a very good year and shows starter ability, that VD could be a cap casualty? I'm not sure what kind of cap hit he has for the remainder of his contract, but its weird that I just have this "men in black" type feel to McDonald..."not training a partner, training a replacement".

Quote:
Bay Area Sports Guy ‏@BASportsGuy 19m
Vance McDonald (who I just wrote about) looked great. Same can't be said for Scott Tolzien, who threw 2 more INTs ... on consecutive plays.

Could it be Daniels beats out Tolzien for the 3rd QB spot? Shocked

I think Daniels has a very good shot at making the squad if he shows real versatility. I'm putting it at even money right now; Tolzien's saving grace may be that he does not have practice squad eligibility and Daniels does.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDonald is the type of versatile weapon Roman loves. For him to go out and makes catches against two of the best covering ILBs in the game is definitely encouraging.

It seems like every day Jenkins makes a spectacular catch. We have to be a bit cautious as the season will tell us everything, but can't help but be impressed with his progress.

BUT WHERE IS LOCKETTE DAMN IT!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
McDonald is the type of versatile weapon Roman loves. For him to go out and makes catches against two of the best covering ILBs in the game is definitely encouraging.

It seems like every day Jenkins makes a spectacular catch. We have to be a bit cautious as the season will tell us everything, but can't help but be impressed with his progress.

BUT WHERE IS LOCKETTE DAMN IT!!!!!!

Yeah, McDonald also ate up Reid during rookie OTA's several times if I remember correctly; he had a couple of drops too, which i think everyone expects based on the fact that he's not the most natural of pass catchers, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's already an upgrade over walker (and when you think like I do, that Walker's "amazing blocking ability" was more so the product of blocking scheme, we aren't losing much there either).

The only thing about Jenkins is that the spectacular catch was sort of expected, his hands were one of his best assets coming into the league. But it's nice hearing that he's actually making those catches this year during the offseason; being aggressive and going to get the ball is a very very good sign to me.

It's been extremely quiet on the Lockette front, which is a little disconcerting. the most i've really heard is, "Lockette made a catch" haha. There's been at least one or two positive postings and reportings of pretty much every receiver but Lockette, even moore.

Swift21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
The hype is real. AJ Jenkins with another amazing catch, this time full body diving over the middle to haul in Kaepernick laser.

Take that Grant!!!!!

Based on all the media...its hard not getting a little bit excited about Jenkins. Still need to see him in game situations before I start believing anything, where people are going to play him physical, but this is eons better than what we were hearing at this time last year (wasn't this about the time that Harbaugh had to proclaim that Jenkins wasn't a bust?)

Quote:
Bowman and Asomugha with INTs, Vance McDonald made two nice downfield receptions on throws behind him to close out #49ers minicamp.

Vance McDonald has been a STUD all offseason. Great to hear that he continues to make down field catches.

I have been super impressed and very excited about what I'm hearing about McDonald. I liked him as a prospect, but he was number 4 on my board, and I thought we may have made a mistake passing on Kelce for him. But every step of the way there's been nothing but very good talk about McDonald. Does anyone else think, based on VD's salary, that if McDonald has a very good year and shows starter ability, that VD could be a cap casualty? I'm not sure what kind of cap hit he has for the remainder of his contract, but its weird that I just have this "men in black" type feel to McDonald..."not training a partner, training a replacement".

Quote:
Vance McDonald (who I just wrote about) looked great. Same can't be said for Scott Tolzien, who threw 2 more INTs ... on consecutive plays.

I think Daniels has a very good shot at making the squad if he shows real versatility. I'm putting it at even money right now; Tolzien's saving grace may be that he does not have practice squad eligibility and Daniels does.

No. We run plenty of two tight ends and Vernon has shown he's willing to restructure if needed.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair, lockette's a physical specimen but he's proven almost nothing in the nfl. he's an udfa that was cut by his first team and has 2 catches all year. couldn't even make our 53 when we lost 2 wr's to injury.

entirely possible he's the annual wr we get hyped about in the offseason, only to disappoint in tc (think marcus maxwell). which is why we need aj and patton to step up (or continue to step up), and williams and manningham to get healthy.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
to be fair, lockette's a physical specimen but he's proven almost nothing in the nfl. he's an udfa that was cut by his first team and has 2 catches all year. couldn't even make our 53 when we lost 2 wr's to injury.

entirely possible he's the annual wr we get hyped about in the offseason, only to disappoint in tc (think marcus maxwell). which is why we need aj and patton to step up (or continue to step up), and williams and manningham to get healthy.

In singing through the praises of a whole lot of guys after the OTA Harbaugh said about Lockette ... "he had perfect attendance".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

In singing through the praises of a whole lot of guys after the OTA Harbaugh said about Lockette ... "he had perfect attendance".

Wow... that's kinda like when you ask your buddy if the girl he's dating is pretty, and he replies: "She's very sweet".

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I still believe that Patton will be our starter across from Q week 1. He is scrappy as hell and just an all out gamer. Hopefully AJ can learn a little bit from him.

As I've said before, I don't think Manningham will be ready week 1. It will come down to Jenkins or Patton, and you very well may be right. I haven't heard much of Lockette lately though. How is he doing?

Harbaugh is weird enough to throw us a curveball... Kassim Osgood will be our week 1 starter. Rolling Eyes

or Marlon Moore

Or Will Tukuafu.

Eric Mangini.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its just me but i'm starting to get a little concerned about these injuries. Now i'm sure our medical staff will help in terms of the minor preventable stuff that don't seem to plague our team. But you can't control ACL's or Achilles. And Crabtree and Alex Debniak tore their Achilles, and Carswell his ACL. Now 2 of those players are camp fodder, but that may not always be the case. Thats 3 total players suffering major injuries and its not even TC...
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Take that Grant!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

No. We run plenty of two tight ends and Vernon has shown he's willing to restructure if needed

has he? I don't remember VD restructuring his contract at any time. All i know is that over the next 3 years, he makes over 8 million (highest paid player in 2013 I believe) this year, and over 7 in the next two. I love VD, but his on field production perhaps doesn't call for a salary that high; he is inconsistent in the passing game and disappears for long stretches of time. Lets not get confused, VD has the potential to be elite of course, but this is not Jimmy Graham here. He's a great blocker, but I'm not paying a guy 8 million a year to be a great blocker. With a lot of people coming up for extensions, and VD not playing a "premium" position, and possibly not worth the amount of money he makes, I can't believe that he wouldn't be at the top of the list of possible cut candidates (Brooks may be up there too after this year, especially if Lemonier impresses and I'm already on record as saying I believe this to be Gore's last season here, regardless of how he plays). All of this is dependent on what kind of dead money is involved, of course (I think its about 2.2 million in dead money for both 2014 and 2015, which would give a cap savings of about 5 million per season, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong), but if I have to choose between VD and Crabs, Kaep, Iupati, Aldon, etc, then VD is going on the chopping block, especially if you have a younger, cheaper tight end alternative who has proven to be productive (which McDonald has yet to do). I know its way early to talk about such things, but just food for thought to pass the idle offseason especially since I believe the team will have very hard decisions to make over the course of the next 2 seasons.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Maybe its just me but i'm starting to get a little concerned about these injuries. Now i'm sure our medical staff will help in terms of the minor preventable stuff that don't seem to plague our team. But you can't control ACL's or Achilles. And Crabtree and Alex Debniak tore their Achilles, and Carswell his ACL. Now 2 of those players are camp fodder, but that may not always be the case. Thats 3 total players suffering major injuries and its not even TC...

Frankly we've been pretty lucky over these past two seasons. Maybe the odds are catching up with us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

has he? I don't remember VD restructuring his contract at any time. All i know is that over the next 3 years, he makes over 8 million (highest paid player in 2013 I believe) this year, and over 7 in the next two. I love VD, but his on field production perhaps doesn't call for a salary that high; he is inconsistent in the passing game and disappears for long stretches of time. Lets not get confused, VD has the potential to be elite of course, but this is not Jimmy Graham here. He's a great blocker, but I'm not paying a guy 8 million a year to be a great blocker. With a lot of people coming up for extensions, and VD not playing a "premium" position, and possibly not worth the amount of money he makes, I can't believe that he wouldn't be at the top of the list of possible cut candidates (Brooks may be up there too after this year, especially if Lemonier impresses and I'm already on record as saying I believe this to be Gore's last season here, regardless of how he plays). All of this is dependent on what kind of dead money is involved, of course (I think its about 2.2 million in dead money for both 2014 and 2015, which would give a cap savings of about 5 million per season, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong), but if I have to choose between VD and Crabs, Kaep, Iupati, Aldon, etc, then VD is going on the chopping block, especially if you have a younger, cheaper tight end alternative who has proven to be productive (which McDonald has yet to do). I know its way early to talk about such things, but just food for thought to pass the idle offseason especially since I believe the team will have very hard decisions to make over the course of the next 2 seasons.

You'd like to hope it doesn't come down to keeping player A instead of player B when they're both integral parts of the team. But unfortunately, with the cap, that's exactly what it comes down to often. So the question would be which of our good players would we choose to let go instead of VD if it came down to that kind of decision.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineterviews with some of the fellas. Boldin's was a tad ackward Laughing

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/VINEterview-49ers-Reflect-on-Minicamp/0ab18f9a-545d-4882-985f-f5016ab9b1b4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Marlon Moore is getting a lot of praise by both Harbaugh and the beat writers lately. Wonder if he could take a spot in our WR corps. I think we'll keep 6 and after Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Mario, and Kyle, that 6th spot is wide open. Not to mention Moore is a key STer so he has that added value over a guy like Ricardo Lockette or Chad Hall...
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q&A Barrows. Good stuff in here.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/06/live-chat-what-we-learned-this-spring.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: