Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA thread to puts stuff inz
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: 2013 OTA thread to puts stuff inz Reply with quote

Looks like maybe we should have one... so..

Few starters still absent as OTAs resume; Gore, Staley do individual conditioning

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/05/28/few-starters-still-absent-as-otas-resume-gore-staley-do-individual-conditioning/

Quote:
TaylorPrice49 Boldin's best catch was on rifled pass from Kap during 7on7 period. Willis had tight coverage and Boldin still made the grab over 52's head.
32 seconds ago reply retweet favorite

CamInman #49ers practice review: @AnquanBoldin still looks in playoff form, Kap best QB (duh), no big plays by DBs, Willis foot needed treatment
57 seconds ago reply retweet favorite

mattbarrows After watching today's practice I'm pretty sure @AnquanBoldin makes the squad. He was the No. 1 target for all four QBs, caught everything.
about 1 minute ago reply retweet favorite

TaylorPrice49 It was the @AnquanBoldin show today at #49ers OTAs. WR caught 10 passes in 7-on-7 and team periods.
6 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

ScottKegley Photos from today's OTA practice. http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/49ers-OTAs-Week-2/fae79be2-5663-405d-ad53-476dc657e3fd

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 9m
LaMichael James says he's up to 205 pounds after playing at 195 last year. Says the goal was to become stronger, more explosive.

Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 17m
Strong day at #49ers practice for WR Anquan Boldin. He definitely looked like a No. 1.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
LaMichael James says he's up to 205 pounds after playing at 195 last year. Says the goal was to become stronger, more explosive.

Quote:
Strong day at #49ers practice for WR Anquan Boldin. He definitely looked like a No. 1.

Good to hear about LaMike. Would like to see him be more than just a 3rd down threat - which is what I was thinking when we drafted him. Still not seeing him as an every down back. But would be great if he could get a few carries every game as well as a few targets running routes out of the backfield.

Great to hear about Bolding. But that's no surprise. I'm really wanting to hear good things about Patton and Jenkins.

Quote:
Christian Gin ‏@Christian_Gin 1m
Jim Harbaugh said Joe Staley underwent a minor procedure and didn't give further details. Adam Snyder has lined up in his place. #49ers

Quote:
Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 1h
Well, this is NOT good. Knee surgery (left meniscus) for 49ers LT Joe Staley. http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/knee-surgery-49ers-lt-joe-staley

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Jim Harbaugh said Joe Staley underwent a minor procedure and didn't give further details. Adam Snyder has lined up in his place. #49ers

Quote:
Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 1h
Well, this is NOT good. Knee surgery (left meniscus) for 49ers LT Joe Staley. http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/knee-surgery-49ers-lt-joe-staley

Well no injury is ever good. But "minor" miniscus tear should be a total non-event.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 1h

Well no injury is ever good. But "minor" miniscus tear should be a total non-event.

Perhaps, but definitely something to keep an eye on. We don't exactly have a lot of depth at the tackle position. Not sure if we would slide snyder there, or move Boone out to RT, kick davis to LT and move snyder or Looney/Kilgore inside if Staley were to miss any time. Also, didn't Staley miss a bunch of time a couple of years ago with a knee injury or something?

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 1h

Perhaps, but definitely something to keep an eye on. We don't exactly have a lot of depth at the tackle position. Not sure if we would slide snyder there, or move Boone out to RT, kick davis to LT and move snyder or Looney/Kilgore inside if Staley were to miss any time. Also, didn't Staley miss a bunch of time a couple of years ago with a knee injury or something?

He's had two significant leg injuries. The last time I believe he broke his leg.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Good to hear about LaMike. Would like to see him be more than just a 3rd down threat - which is what I was thinking when we drafted him. Still not seeing him as an every down back. But would be great if he could get a few carries every game as well as a few targets running routes out of the backfield.

I always envisioned him as an eventual everydown back. I knew he could add some muscle to his frame and has always been a very solid pass protector. I dont think you draft a RB in the first three rounds if you dont envision him eventually making that jump. Kendall hunter on the other hand, will never be an everydown back, because he is horrible in pass pro

Lamike and lattimore would be one dangerous one two punch... esp with our OL. I get wet just thinking about it hahah

Love what I am hearing about Q. Honestly expected nothing less tho, he has been my favorite non 49er for a long time, which is saying something considering he played for a division rival. I love his skillset and I think he is an absolute perfect fit for our team. he excells at the midrange routes and kaeps midrange accuracy and zip are second to none. I might get his jersey... cant decide who to get this year. maybe culliver
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear about Boldin taking the #1 spot. Also I think James could be an every down back. He did well with the carries he got last year. I just don't like his fumble in the playoffs.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Forge

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Great to hear about Boldin taking the #1 spot. Also I think James could be an every down back. He did well with the carries he got last year. I just don't like his fumble in the playoffs.

If he stays at 205, I think he could definitely be an every down back. I do think, however, that he'd be better off in tandem with someone.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I always envisioned him as an eventual everydown back. I knew he could add some muscle to his frame and has always been a very solid pass protector. I dont think you draft a RB in the first three rounds if you dont envision him eventually making that jump. Kendall hunter on the other hand, will never be an everydown back, because he is horrible in pass pro

Lamike and lattimore would be one dangerous one two punch... esp with our OL. I get wet just thinking about it hahah

Love what I am hearing about Q. Honestly expected nothing less tho, he has been my favorite non 49er for a long time, which is saying something considering he played for a division rival. I love his skillset and I think he is an absolute perfect fit for our team. he excells at the midrange routes and kaeps midrange accuracy and zip are second to none. I might get his jersey... cant decide who to get this year. maybe culliver

I hope you're right. A really big battle for PT could be between Hunter and James.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other half: Which 49ers benefit from starters' absences

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/05/the-other-half-which-49ers-benefit-from-starters-absences.html#storylink=cpy

Quote:
Boldin stood head and shoulders above every other receiver on Tuesday. However, Jenkins looked infinitely more comfortable than he did a year ago and was lined up with Boldin (and Hall) when the first-team offense ran a two-minute drill at the end of practice. The other guy who jumped out to me - perhaps because I was seeing him for the first time - was Marlon Moore, who has a nice combination of size, speed and special teams worth.

C'mon, AJJ !!! Make us proud!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Q is killing it. If he has a strong season I think we won't skip a beat and then when Crab returns our offense will be boderline top 5.

Props to Peppers90 on the sig

Point Pacific. TTKA
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

If he stays at 205, I think he could definitely be an every down back. I do think, however, that he'd be better off in tandem with someone.
That is today's NFL. When Gore leaves us I can see us using a 2 back system.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: