Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we better than the 49ers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 9071
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
49ers do have a stockpile of runningbacks back there which also makes me wonder where they get all that cap room, plus you gotta wonder about any one of those runningbacks getting disgruntled for not getting enough carries or catches.

What I'm curious to see is just how long the read option form of offense works in the league before a defensive coordinator puts the nail in its coffin. The wildcat offense only lasted about 1 year after 2008 or so and I don't think I've seen Miami take any forms of it since. Now the 49ers are a better team than Miami for sure and I'm sure they could do just fine in the traditional west coast offense form, but taking away the read option wrinkle could slow em down a little.


One way they have a lot of cap room is they aren't paying Kaepernick like we're paying Aaron. Wink With the new RBs we drafted and signed (UDFAs) we might have one nice stable of backs ourselves.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 2209
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it turns out we're not even going to be remotely freaking close to matching San Fran, since we're apparently set to let Bishop go.

Ted, what are you thinking?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Suffice it to say our D is going to continue to be as soft as a pillow next year, and continue to be terrible stopping the run and covering TEs, mark it down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Jones and Hawk are NOT, never were, and never will be starting-caliber ILBers, in fact, I was saying all of last year that starting backups (that's right) at both ILB spots would be our downfall since we were so weak down the middle with Bishop out and lending Hawk more responsibilities than he can possibly handle in the process, and now that we're finally getting him back and turning it into a strength of our D, we're releasing him?!?! WTF kind of sense does that make?

And I was starting to get excited about the pass-rush that Perry, Matthews and Datone would potentially bring us next year, too, it's not going to matter now with our weak ILB core.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10692
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Well, it turns out we're not even going to be remotely freaking close to matching San Fran, since we're apparently set to let Bishop go.

Ted, what are you thinking?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Suffice it to say our D is going to continue to be as soft as a pillow next year, and continue to be terrible stopping the run and covering TEs, mark it down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Jones and Hawk are NOT, never were, and never will be starting-caliber ILBers, in fact, I was saying all of last year that starting backups (that's right) at both ILB spots would be our downfall since we were so weak down the middle with Bishop out and lending Hawk more responsibilities than he can possibly handle, and now that we're finally getting him back and turning it into a strength of our D, we're releasing him?!?! WTF kind of sense does that make?

And I was starting to get excited about the pass-rush that Perry, Matthews and Datone would potentially bring us next year, too, it's not going to matter now with our weak ILB core.


Blah blah blah wah wah wah

The defense was actually decent up the middle. I broke down run by run of all 3 Vikings games and the 49ers playoff game last year by area of where the run went and the problem wasn't the middle of the defense at all. It was the edge contain, specifically whoever was playing at the time opposite Matthews. Getting rid of Walden and having Perry in there, as well as adding Datone Jones next to him should go a very long way towards correcting that deficiency.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3144
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:


Suffice it to say our D is going to continue to be as soft as a pillow next year, and continue to be terrible stopping the run and covering TEs, mark it down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


Soft as a pillow....I like the imagery. But it's not close to reality. The Packer defense was a pretty good defense most of the time last year by virtually any measure you want to apply. They had problems with the big offensive lines of SF, Minnesota, and the Giants, no doubt.

But Footballoutsiders. com rates the Packer defense at #8, and that's pretty good. Against TEs they were rated #6.




KManX89 wrote:


Jones and Hawk are NOT, never were, and never will be starting-caliber ILBers,?


I've got some news for you: AJ Hawk is probably going to end up in the Packer HOF. He's smart, he's tough, and he's a good tackler. He's been in the league now 7 years and he'll probably be a 10 year guy before he's done. He's a veteran, experienced, assignment-sure guy.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you opine that a guy who is going to be in the Packer HOF isn't starting-caliber then it kind of calls into question your judgement about such matters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16738
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
KManX89 wrote:


Suffice it to say our D is going to continue to be as soft as a pillow next year, and continue to be terrible stopping the run and covering TEs, mark it down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


Soft as a pillow....I like the imagery. But it's not close to reality. The Packer defense was a pretty good defense most of the time last year by virtually any measure you want to apply. They had problems with the big offensive lines of SF, Minnesota, and the Giants, no doubt.

But Footballoutsiders. com rates the Packer defense at #8, and that's pretty good. Against TEs they were rated #6.




KManX89 wrote:


Jones and Hawk are NOT, never were, and never will be starting-caliber ILBers,?


I've got some news for you: AJ Hawk is probably going to end up in the Packer HOF. He's smart, he's tough, and he's a good tackler. He's been in the league now 7 years and he'll probably be a 10 year guy before he's done. He's a veteran, experienced, assignment-sure guy.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you opine that a guy who is going to be in the Packer HOF isn't starting-caliber then it kind of calls into question your judgement about such matters.


An average player at best making the Packers HOF... I can't see that happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10217
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
KManX89 wrote:


Suffice it to say our D is going to continue to be as soft as a pillow next year, and continue to be terrible stopping the run and covering TEs, mark it down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


Soft as a pillow....I like the imagery. But it's not close to reality. The Packer defense was a pretty good defense most of the time last year by virtually any measure you want to apply. They had problems with the big offensive lines of SF, Minnesota, and the Giants, no doubt.

But Footballoutsiders. com rates the Packer defense at #8, and that's pretty good. Against TEs they were rated #6.




KManX89 wrote:


Jones and Hawk are NOT, never were, and never will be starting-caliber ILBers,?


I've got some news for you: AJ Hawk is probably going to end up in the Packer HOF. He's smart, he's tough, and he's a good tackler. He's been in the league now 7 years and he'll probably be a 10 year guy before he's done. He's a veteran, experienced, assignment-sure guy.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you opine that a guy who is going to be in the Packer HOF isn't starting-caliber then it kind of calls into question your judgement about such matters.


An average player at best making the Packers HOF... I can't see that happening.


Really?

Don Majkowski appreciates your fandom.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12990
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still getting a kick out of the title for this thread...a kick to the stomach.

Anyways,

Hawk isn't as bad as you guys say & he isn't a pro bowler. People act like they know better than the coaching staff/FO...if they thought they could do better than Hawk they would have cut him over Bishop. Obviously they think he is better than the guy that just got cut.
_________________
@PJHotel_
Uglystik1072<---Gamertag

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16738
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majkowski shouldnt be in there either...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
persiandud


Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1154
Location: Davis, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk in the Packer Hall lmao
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatZepp


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 2845
Location: Brookfield, WI
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Well, it turns out we're not even going to be remotely freaking close to matching San Fran, since we're apparently set to let Bishop go.

Ted, what are you thinking?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Suffice it to say our D is going to continue to be as soft as a pillow next year, and continue to be terrible stopping the run and covering TEs, mark it down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Jones and Hawk are NOT, never were, and never will be starting-caliber ILBers, in fact, I was saying all of last year that starting backups (that's right) at both ILB spots would be our downfall since we were so weak down the middle with Bishop out and lending Hawk more responsibilities than he can possibly handle, and now that we're finally getting him back and turning it into a strength of our D, we're releasing him?!?! WTF kind of sense does that make?

And I was starting to get excited about the pass-rush that Perry, Matthews and Datone would potentially bring us next year, too, it's not going to matter now with our weak ILB core.


Blah blah blah wah wah wah

The defense was actually decent up the middle. I broke down run by run of all 3 Vikings games and the 49ers playoff game last year by area of where the run went and the problem wasn't the middle of the defense at all. It was the edge contain, specifically whoever was playing at the time opposite Matthews. Getting rid of Walden and having Perry in there, as well as adding Datone Jones next to him should go a very long way towards correcting that deficiency.
I'm also curious as to how Bishop was going to improve TE coverage... someone please elaborate.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10692
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
I'm also curious as to how Bishop was going to improve TE coverage... someone please elaborate.


Because he's nasty and physical and will beat up any TEs who the Packers face... OBVIOUSLY!

Rolling Eyes
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 9071
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
I'm also curious as to how Bishop was going to improve TE coverage... someone please elaborate.


Because he's nasty and physical and will beat up any TEs who the Packers face... OBVIOUSLY!

Rolling Eyes


If he can keep up/catch them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3144
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Hawk in the Packer Hall lmao


While you are laughing, Hawk continues to inch up the lists of games played and tackles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16738
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Hawk in the Packer Hall lmao


While you are laughing, Hawk continues to inch up the lists of games played and tackles.


If he gets let in, any Packer with longevity should get in...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10217
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Hawk in the Packer Hall lmao


While you are laughing, Hawk continues to inch up the lists of games played and tackles.


If he gets let in, any Packer with longevity should get in...


Take a look at the list. I think he has a good chance.

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/hall-of-famers.html
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group