Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 58.0: Sam BaRRington vs. the World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
packerjmf


Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 1899
Location: KC
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Canada Day tomorrow people... get excited

Thanks for the free fireworks, Canada.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Title Town USA


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 19923
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation. you have pepper spray and the dog is posing no immediate threat, and they chose to shoot it? just trying to protect its owner too.

abuse of power of peace.

*don't watch if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, dog struggles at the end as it dies*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDBZr4ie2AE#at=53


Be upset with the irresponsible owner. 100% on him.


what did he do wrong?


Blares music next to an ongoing armed robbery/potential hostage situation.

Shouts racially-motivated comments.

Hinders communication of police with said music and insults.


The cop was 100% within his bounds to discharge his weapon. This shouldn't even be discussed.

The owner was a potential impediment to the situation and needed to be detained.

Why roll up to a scene of a major crime with a half-dozen police officers, music blaring and get out of your car with your music blaring just to film it? Being warned, which is likely what the officers did, is a pretty good indicator that you should hop in your car and leave, and look at that, your dog is freaking alive!
Most of the blame definitely falls on the dog's owner. Whether he was within his legal limts or not (pretty sure blaring your music could be a ticket for noise pollution tho?), he was clearly looking to get into some kind of confrontation IMO.

Terrible for that to happen to the dog tho. While it did pose a real threat, he/she was just protecting it's owner. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4766
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation. you have pepper spray and the dog is posing no immediate threat, and they chose to shoot it? just trying to protect its owner too.

abuse of power of peace.

*don't watch if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, dog struggles at the end as it dies*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDBZr4ie2AE#at=53


Be upset with the irresponsible owner. 100% on him.


what did he do wrong?


Blares music next to an ongoing armed robbery/potential hostage situation.

Shouts racially-motivated comments.

Hinders communication of police with said music and insults.


The cop was 100% within his bounds to discharge his weapon. This shouldn't even be discussed.

The owner was a potential impediment to the situation and needed to be detained.

Why roll up to a scene of a major crime with a half-dozen police officers, music blaring and get out of your car with your music blaring just to film it? Being warned, which is likely what the officers did, is a pretty good indicator that you should hop in your car and leave, and look at that, your dog is freaking alive!
Most of the blame definitely falls on the dog's owner. Whether he was within his legal limts or not (pretty sure blaring your music could be a ticket for noise pollution tho?), he was clearly looking to get into some kind of confrontation IMO.

Terrible for that to happen to the dog tho. While it did pose a real threat, he/she was just protecting it's owner. Crying or Very sad


Yeah, it would definitely have qualified as a noise violation. Considering the circumstances and his refusal to leave when there's an ongoing investigation/situation nearby, the police are within confines of the law to detain him.

The responsibility is on the owner.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13422
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 13862
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.


kewl. He is no Watt Laughing
_________________

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16668
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.


Seymour is a good comparison imo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6572
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
justo wrote:
Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.


Seymour is a good comparison imo



all of us would be thrilled if he put up seymour type #'s

or if he was even half of what watt is...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8157
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation. you have pepper spray and the dog is posing no immediate threat, and they chose to shoot it? just trying to protect its owner too.

abuse of power of peace.

*don't watch if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, dog struggles at the end as it dies*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDBZr4ie2AE#at=53


Be upset with the irresponsible owner. 100% on him.


what did he do wrong?


Blares music next to an ongoing armed robbery/potential hostage situation.

Shouts racially-motivated comments.

Hinders communication of police with said music and insults.


The cop was 100% within his bounds to discharge his weapon. This shouldn't even be discussed.

The owner was a potential impediment to the situation and needed to be detained.

Why roll up to a scene of a major crime with a half-dozen police officers, music blaring and get out of your car with your music blaring just to film it? Being warned, which is likely what the officers did, is a pretty good indicator that you should hop in your car and leave, and look at that, your dog is freaking alive!
Most of the blame definitely falls on the dog's owner. Whether he was within his legal limts or not (pretty sure blaring your music could be a ticket for noise pollution tho?), he was clearly looking to get into some kind of confrontation IMO.

Terrible for that to happen to the dog tho. While it did pose a real threat, he/she was just protecting it's owner. Crying or Very sad
Yeah that was really hard to watch. That was a case of a dog acting like any good loyal dog would. I am a dog person, but living on the farm I have seen bad dogs, vicious dogs that attacked other dogs and needed to be put down. It sucks but you get rid of the one to restore order. This was a good dog that had to suffer, the situation could have been avoided and in the end it was the animal that suffered, damn shame....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13422
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:
Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.


kewl. He is no Watt Laughing


Just said he thought he'd be a much better pass rusher on the pro level, like Watt was. Thought it was interesting. Greg Cosell is one of the smartest people in the biz.

driftwood wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
justo wrote:
Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.


Seymour is a good comparison imo



all of us would be thrilled if he put up seymour type #'s

or if he was even half of what watt is...
He said the only difference between Jones and Seymour is weight. Big enough difference to make him a late first rounder, though, instead of a top 5 pick.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31978
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation. you have pepper spray and the dog is posing no immediate threat, and they chose to shoot it? just trying to protect its owner too.

abuse of power of peace.

*don't watch if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, dog struggles at the end as it dies*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDBZr4ie2AE#at=53


Be upset with the irresponsible owner. 100% on him.


what did he do wrong?


Seriously? What did he do wrong?

He improperly contained his large dog which can EASILY be seen as a threat at an obviously tense scene filled with people with guns and compromised himself. He's an absolute idiot.

There isn't a bigger dog-lover out there than me, and I'm not upset at all with the cop. The owner is pathetic for placing his animal in that position. Any remotely responsible owner understands that dogs are loyal, can get out of a vehicle with the windows rolled down and can be viewed as threats by others. It's ALWAYS the responsibility of the owner to maintain proper control. This is especially true when your dog is a large breed which can pose a real threat.

It is 100% completely irrelevant if he was legal or not, this is a case of being a wildly irresponsible pet owner and compromising their safety with his own idiotic actions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8157
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.
NFL.com draft profile says Cory Redding.... 27 sacks in 10 years would be a buzzkill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RashaanSalaami


Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 29878
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation.


Laughing THIS is why cops get a terrible reputation? With all the injustices in this country, THIS is what gives them a terrible reputation? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 37187
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation.


Laughing THIS is why cops get a terrible reputation? With all the injustices in this country, THIS is what gives them a terrible reputation? Laughing


part of the reason Wink


and i'm done here. lol, just lol. i guess 4 cops with pepper spray, clubs, and tasers couldn't subdue a dog without shooting it 4 times.

ff posters logic of peace
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31978
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation.


Laughing THIS is why cops get a terrible reputation? With all the injustices in this country, THIS is what gives them a terrible reputation? Laughing


part of the reason Wink


and i'm done here. lol, just lol. i guess 4 cops with pepper spray, clubs, and tasers couldn't subdue a dog without shooting it 4 times.

ff posters logic of peace


It's a crappy situation for sure, it sucks big time. The guy at least made an attempt to protect his dog but ultimately failed at it. When you have an unfamiliar rotty that's probably 100+ lbs acting aggressively toward you, an individual, you're not thinking about the guy behind you with a taser or pepper spray. It's an unfortunate truth, but the guy acted appropriately from his viewpoint.

I'd certainly shoot a dog if it was coming at me like and I had a weapon as well. Self-preservation, man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 37187
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation.


Laughing THIS is why cops get a terrible reputation? With all the injustices in this country, THIS is what gives them a terrible reputation? Laughing


part of the reason Wink


and i'm done here. lol, just lol. i guess 4 cops with pepper spray, clubs, and tasers couldn't subdue a dog without shooting it 4 times.

ff posters logic of peace


It's a crappy situation for sure, it sucks big time. The guy at least made an attempt to protect his dog but ultimately failed at it. When you have an unfamiliar rotty that's probably 100+ lbs acting aggressively toward you, an individual, you're not thinking about the guy behind you with a taser or pepper spray. It's an unfortunate truth, but the guy acted appropriately from his viewpoint.

I'd certainly shoot a dog if it was coming at me like and I had a weapon as well. Self-preservation, man.


i'm not saying i would've let the dog attack me, and obviously i'm not in the officers shoes, but man i would've surely tased it first. it might've died anyways, but at least there was a chance. if i was really thinking, i would've just pepper sprayed it. no dog is attacking you after you spray that crap in its eyes

even if he "had" to use the gun, they're supposed to be highly trained with guns. shoot the dog in the leg, and have some vet come pick it up. dog was clearly done pursuing the officer after 1 shot and yet the officer chose to squeeze 3 more off.

i'm not saying the owner was not at fault at all (though i'm pretty sure he didn't actually do anything wrong and therefore wasn't charged), but damn to kill a dudes dog for that?
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 73 of 87

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group