Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 58.0: Sam BaRRington vs. the World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerjmf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Canada Day tomorrow people... get excited

Thanks for the free fireworks, Canada.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation. you have pepper spray and the dog is posing no immediate threat, and they chose to shoot it? just trying to protect its owner too.

abuse of power of peace.

*don't watch if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, dog struggles at the end as it dies*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDBZr4ie2AE#at=53

Be upset with the irresponsible owner. 100% on him.

what did he do wrong?

Blares music next to an ongoing armed robbery/potential hostage situation.

Shouts racially-motivated comments.

Hinders communication of police with said music and insults.

The cop was 100% within his bounds to discharge his weapon. This shouldn't even be discussed.

The owner was a potential impediment to the situation and needed to be detained.

Why roll up to a scene of a major crime with a half-dozen police officers, music blaring and get out of your car with your music blaring just to film it? Being warned, which is likely what the officers did, is a pretty good indicator that you should hop in your car and leave, and look at that, your dog is freaking alive!
Most of the blame definitely falls on the dog's owner. Whether he was within his legal limts or not (pretty sure blaring your music could be a ticket for noise pollution tho?), he was clearly looking to get into some kind of confrontation IMO.

Terrible for that to happen to the dog tho. While it did pose a real threat, he/she was just protecting it's owner. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation. you have pepper spray and the dog is posing no immediate threat, and they chose to shoot it? just trying to protect its owner too.

abuse of power of peace.

*don't watch if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, dog struggles at the end as it dies*

what did he do wrong?

The cop was 100% within his bounds to discharge his weapon. This shouldn't even be discussed.

The owner was a potential impediment to the situation and needed to be detained.

Why roll up to a scene of a major crime with a half-dozen police officers, music blaring and get out of your car with your music blaring just to film it? Being warned, which is likely what the officers did, is a pretty good indicator that you should hop in your car and leave, and look at that, your dog is freaking alive!
Most of the blame definitely falls on the dog's owner. Whether he was within his legal limts or not (pretty sure blaring your music could be a ticket for noise pollution tho?), he was clearly looking to get into some kind of confrontation IMO.

Terrible for that to happen to the dog tho. While it did pose a real threat, he/she was just protecting it's owner. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, it would definitely have qualified as a noise violation. Considering the circumstances and his refusal to leave when there's an ongoing investigation/situation nearby, the police are within confines of the law to detain him.

The responsibility is on the owner.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Cosell compared Datone Jones to Richard Seymour and JJ Watt.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

kewl. He is no Watt Laughing

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Seymour is a good comparison imo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
justo wrote:

all of us would be thrilled if he put up seymour type #'s

or if he was even half of what watt is...
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

abuse of power of peace.

what did he do wrong?

Yeah that was really hard to watch. That was a case of a dog acting like any good loyal dog would. I am a dog person, but living on the farm I have seen bad dogs, vicious dogs that attacked other dogs and needed to be put down. It sucks but you get rid of the one to restore order. This was a good dog that had to suffer, the situation could have been avoided and in the end it was the animal that suffered, damn shame....
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
justo wrote:

kewl. He is no Watt Laughing

Just said he thought he'd be a much better pass rusher on the pro level, like Watt was. Thought it was interesting. Greg Cosell is one of the smartest people in the biz.

driftwood wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
justo wrote:

all of us would be thrilled if he put up seymour type #'s

or if he was even half of what watt is...
He said the only difference between Jones and Seymour is weight. Big enough difference to make him a late first rounder, though, instead of a top 5 pick.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

abuse of power of peace.

what did he do wrong?

Seriously? What did he do wrong?

He improperly contained his large dog which can EASILY be seen as a threat at an obviously tense scene filled with people with guns and compromised himself. He's an absolute idiot.

There isn't a bigger dog-lover out there than me, and I'm not upset at all with the cop. The owner is pathetic for placing his animal in that position. Any remotely responsible owner understands that dogs are loyal, can get out of a vehicle with the windows rolled down and can be viewed as threats by others. It's ALWAYS the responsibility of the owner to maintain proper control. This is especially true when your dog is a large breed which can pose a real threat.

It is 100% completely irrelevant if he was legal or not, this is a case of being a wildly irresponsible pet owner and compromising their safety with his own idiotic actions.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
NFL.com draft profile says Cory Redding.... 27 sacks in 10 years would be a buzzkill.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation.

Laughing THIS is why cops get a terrible reputation? With all the injustices in this country, THIS is what gives them a terrible reputation? Laughing
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
as an animal lover, this really pisses me off. this is why cops get such a terrible reputation.

Laughing THIS is why cops get a terrible reputation? With all the injustices in this country, THIS is what gives them a terrible reputation? Laughing

part of the reason Wink

and i'm done here. lol, just lol. i guess 4 cops with pepper spray, clubs, and tasers couldn't subdue a dog without shooting it 4 times.

ff posters logic of peace

El Ramster on the amazing work
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

part of the reason Wink

and i'm done here. lol, just lol. i guess 4 cops with pepper spray, clubs, and tasers couldn't subdue a dog without shooting it 4 times.

It's a crappy situation for sure, it sucks big time. The guy at least made an attempt to protect his dog but ultimately failed at it. When you have an unfamiliar rotty that's probably 100+ lbs acting aggressively toward you, an individual, you're not thinking about the guy behind you with a taser or pepper spray. It's an unfortunate truth, but the guy acted appropriately from his viewpoint.

I'd certainly shoot a dog if it was coming at me like and I had a weapon as well. Self-preservation, man.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

part of the reason Wink

It's a crappy situation for sure, it sucks big time. The guy at least made an attempt to protect his dog but ultimately failed at it. When you have an unfamiliar rotty that's probably 100+ lbs acting aggressively toward you, an individual, you're not thinking about the guy behind you with a taser or pepper spray. It's an unfortunate truth, but the guy acted appropriately from his viewpoint.

I'd certainly shoot a dog if it was coming at me like and I had a weapon as well. Self-preservation, man.

i'm not saying i would've let the dog attack me, and obviously i'm not in the officers shoes, but man i would've surely tased it first. it might've died anyways, but at least there was a chance. if i was really thinking, i would've just pepper sprayed it. no dog is attacking you after you spray that crap in its eyes

even if he "had" to use the gun, they're supposed to be highly trained with guns. shoot the dog in the leg, and have some vet come pick it up. dog was clearly done pursuing the officer after 1 shot and yet the officer chose to squeeze 3 more off.

i'm not saying the owner was not at fault at all (though i'm pretty sure he didn't actually do anything wrong and therefore wasn't charged), but damn to kill a dudes dog for that?

El Ramster on the amazing work

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 73 of 87

Jump to: