Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

dark horse / disappointment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: dark horse / disappointment Reply with quote

who's your dark horse for a big year and who do you feel is going to disappoint .offense/defense

for me D- Damien Harrison (the little he played last year he was effective )

disappointment - Coples (dont like the position switch already dont think he has the feet to stand up)hope im wrong

Offense - willie colon (i think hes going to have a great year at guard unfortunately leave for a big payday

disappoint - steven Hill -No hands cant run routes,not a fit for this system
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense: Landry will show more than capable of replacing his brother with a solid season and keeping the safety position a strength
Harris will continue to take steps back and struggle in coverage and run support

Offense: Smith will show alot as a TE this year and form a good tandem with Cumberland
i dont know who will dissappoint since we expect everyone outside of Mangold to dissappoint...maybe more isnt actually a strength and the Oline continues to struggle especially in pass protection

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense Dark Horse: Landry think he fills in well for his brother
Defense Dissapointment: Dee Milliner think he starts off pretty rough, and gets it together down the stretch

Offense Dark Horse: Stephen Hill, he was raw last year and got injured down the stretch. I know that most people aren't confident in his hands, but I think he's a high character guy who will put in the work and make a significant improvement.
Offense Dissapointment: would have said Goodson if he hadn;t already blown it given the horrible year we are coming off offensively I dont know how anyone can be a dissapointment compared to that.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEFENSE:

Dark Horse - Demario Davis . Since our safeties are weak, we will need Davis to step up in the both run & pass game to help close off the middle of the field.

Dis. - Our DB's except Cro. Milliner will have his hands full this year. Kyle got lucky because we didn't play many good QBs last season. Don't know who our FS will be. Landry will look bad because who ever the FS will be will likely lack experience or talent and have to watch over Dee's rookie mistakes. Our run defense will probably do better than our secondary this year.

OFFENSE

DH - Hill & Ivory & Winters
If Ivory can stay healthy and do what we think he can, we will finally have a offensive player to build around. Hill would be deadly if he could catch and stay healthy. We need the online help right now. We will need Winters to step right in.

Dis - Colon
I just don't have high hopes for him.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the D

I like D. Harrison as the dark horse because he went to the same school as me (William Penn University). Crazy that a guy from Penn in the NFL.

David Harris will prove me right and have another bad year. Time to cut ties with him or else he takes a huge pay cut.

For the O

I think Hill will have a great year. He will be my dark horse. He is a very tall fast guy that made some good plays. I don't buy into he does not fit in the system. You always need the fast guy to open up the field deep.

I think Holmes once again has a terrible year and shows he is just in the NFL for the money. He will be put on the bench with his bad attitude and then fake an injury to cover up the bench move. He will be cut next year too.
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D:

DH: Coples, Davis, Dee- I think theae 3 guys wil realy show there potential Coples to lead the pack imo I expect at least 10 sacks from him, DD ithink will show that he can be a good ILB in our system and will make Harris look like a slow old man, Dee will not replace Revis but I think he will be an excellent #2 CB and eventually turn into a #1
Dis: Harris and Ellis- ithink harris will continue his regression and will be a liability in pass and run, Ellis I just haven't seen enough from hin to feel comfortable with hin starting

O:
DH: Ivory and Hill- I think Ivory will have a HUGE year for us and bring back that down hill running we've missed since TJ left, I think Hill will have a good year as. Think another offseason of development and Holmes and Kerley taking pressure off him will open up the pass game for him.
Dis: Austin Howard and Jeff Cumberland- I just think Austin howard isn't the long term solution at RT ithink he ll struggle big time this year, Cumberland I think isn't a number 1 TE, his hands are questionable and he dosnt have great blocking ability

JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: